Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Graham "onions" Gano

Joespn

and as soon as he misses a kick, people will be screaming to cut him.

There is a reason he did not have a job in the NFL for 13 weeks. Now people act like he is the savior for a very bad football team. Kicker is far from the weakest part of this team.

1. Prima Donna Portis

2. Offensive line, all of them

3. Landry

4. Defensive line, all but 1 player

5. Heart, we need more guys with heart who play for the love of the game, not a paycheck, right Portis?

Going to be very difficult to be better than 18 out of 21.

The #1 Kicker was 26 of 30.

Don't miss when it counts and you'll still be employed.

I have NO patience for kickers who fail.

They make six figures a year for maybe three, four total minutes of work? The job of a kicker doesn't even involve fakes, and it's the same damn thing every time.

Kick the ball over there, between those two posts, hard.

There are no formations to memorize, nothing to pay attention to (in fact, they are trained NOT to pay attention to anything!), and they don't even have to be in shape.

Make field goals and kick the ball far. That's it.

"onions" was given to gano because he came through in the clutch for FSU (meaning he has brass ones). Also basketball announcer Rafferty uses "onions" when a clutch shot is made. Gano is clutch and that is how he was dubbed the nickname "onions"

Don't miss when it counts and you'll still be employed.

I have NO patience for kickers who fail.

They make six figures a year for maybe three, four total minutes of work? The job of a kicker doesn't even involve fakes, and it's the same damn thing every time.

Kick the ball over there, between those two posts, hard.

There are no formations to memorize, nothing to pay attention to (in fact, they are trained NOT to pay attention to anything!), and they don't even have to be in shape.

Make field goals and kick the ball far. That's it.

LaVar was saying this to Jason on Monday. He asked Jason if that loss was on Shaun, to which Jason said no, team loss. Then LaVar said, that's nice and all, but yeah, it was on Shaun. Then proceeded to say pretty much exactly what you said above, haha. Not a fan of the LaVar show (most of what they say seems kind of stupid to me) but that little bit was good.

LaVar was saying this to Jason on Monday. He asked Jason if that loss was on Shaun, to which Jason said no, team loss. Then LaVar said, that's nice and all, but yeah, it was on Shaun. Then proceeded to say pretty much exactly what you said above, haha. Not a fan of the LaVar show (most of what they say seems kind of stupid to me) but that little bit was good.

I agreed with LaVar on something?

I feel dirty. :(

I will go on record as saying that Gano will be one of the best (if not the best) FG kicker we will have ever had. I followed him at FSU. He was money in the bank. He made clutch FG after clutch FG for FSU and won FSU quite a few ballgames during his senior season. Need I mention he was named MVP of the Champs Sports Bowl during his senior year and he earned the MVP honors for that game from his PUNTING. Gano also will consistently have deep kickoffs. The man can do it all (he is also a great open field tackler and has decent speed as well). Graham "onions" Gano is as rock solid as they come. Everyone will be in for a pleasant surprise.

Well then hell, let's just put him in the HOF right now shall we?

Seriously, he'd better make his kicks or like Suisham, he'll be.... Gano. :rimshot

Watch him miss his first extra point.........and everyone will go haywire........then he'll make all his field goals Sunday, including the game winner. :silly:

Like I said, he's a kicker.

It's the simplest job in football.

Don't miss within your established range.

Ever.

(Unless it's ridiculous weather, then I'll be more forgiving. "Cold" =/= ridiculous weather)

I agreed with LaVar on something?

I feel dirty. :(

Ordinarily "them's fighin words" but in this case LaVar was making sense.

Sometimes the timing for kickers doesn't work out - sometimes a particular coach will help them overcome what's wrong, and sometimes they just don't get it at a particular time.

My one thing with Suisham is it seems kind of clear that when he has to think about a big kick, he misses it. That seems to me something that a bit of good coaching could fix in an otherwise solid FG kicker. That little take doesn't include his obvious problems with kickoffs though.

Ordinarily "them's fighin words" but in this case LaVar was making sense.

Sometimes the timing for kickers doesn't work out - sometimes a particular coach will help them overcome what's wrong, and sometimes they just don't get it at a particular time.

My one thing with Suisham is it seems kind of clear that when he has to think about a big kick, he misses it. That seems to me something that a bit of good coaching could fix in an otherwise solid FG kicker. That little take doesn't include his obvious problems with kickoffs though.

I don't see how someone goes through high school and college and can be taught anything about kicking. It's kicking. Use your foot to whack that ball that-a-way.

What's to teach? There's nothing else to learn.

I don't see how someone goes through high school and college and can be taught anything about kicking. It's kicking. Use your foot to whack that ball that-a-way.

What's to teach? There's nothing else to learn.

You could make that argument across a lot of sports.

But repeated motions do get screwed up. It's at least part of why golfers and batters are constantly analyzing their stances and swings. There is also a mental aspect for kicking, and being able to leave things behind and not dwell on it is probably key, just like in most of those high-profile positions. I'm not trying to make excuses for Suisham though.

Archived