Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Payton: "Haynesworth and TRYON(!?) present biggest challenge to us"

Dead Money

No kidding. That's the biggest bunch of bunch of coach speak I've ever heard. It also means that there's really no one on this defense that opponents game plan for which is worse.

Did you watch the video? He mentions Tryon because in the play he analyzes, Tryon gets a sack. He never said that he's the most dangerous guy we have.

What needs to happen is Laron Landry needs to dictate where Drew Brees throws the ball, not Drew Brees dictating where Laron Landry goes. This means Drew Brees can not have time to work the safeties, we need to rush him, we don't need to get there, but we need to pressure.

I don't get why people are making fun of Tryon here. Has he given up a big play? No. He's played really well while he's been in, and he has a sack and an INT. His preseason was brutal no doubt, but he was also playing out of position. And sure, it's a little weird for Payton to mention him this much over everyone else on defense, but at least give the kid some credit for playing well rather than mocking him for no real reason.

That is interesting. Maybe taking JT in the fourth wasn't as dumb as I initially thought. Tyron's got the wheels without question.

The kid thinks he's a star, that's the first step. Easier to take the second step and become one when you got step 1 down. After his post draft comments you knew if he was still around a year or two hence he would have earned it.

Team's full of 'em. Lame duck HC, big changes coming, I'm excited for kick off. Desire+belief > anything else.

The kid thinks he's a star, that's the first step. Easier to take the second step and become one when you got step 1 down. After his post draft comments you knew if he was still around a year or two hence he would have earned it.

Team's full of 'em. Lame duck HC, big changes coming, I'm excited for kick off. Desire+belief > anything else.

He got that "star" attitude stripped from him last year when he realized that speed =/= talent. He spent the offseason with Darrell Green and Green gave him his seal of approval. He's much more humbled now.

And I like how people are discounting a sack and pick. Have our other corners done that much this season? As someone else said, Smoot is in decline along with Rogers and Hall is out.

I'm surprised that O-sack-po isn't a big concern along with Landry these past two weeks. Landry is going to be the one Brees is throwing against the most, and Williams seems to be the only coach who knows him well and how dangerous he can be.

I don't get why people are making fun of Tryon here. Has he given up a big play? No. He's played really well while he's been in, and he has a sack and an INT. His preseason was brutal no doubt, but he was also playing out of position. And sure, it's a little weird for Payton to mention him this much over everyone else on defense, but at least give the kid some credit for playing well rather than mocking him for no real reason.

^This

Preseason, I thought Tryon couldn't cut it, but he has shown improvement lately, which is a rarity.

I think Payton is trying to bait Blanche to put Tryon 1-on-1 with his receivers, which I think may be a bad idea. He has improved, but there is still alot more room.

He should be concerned with th' big "O" ! He is a beast in the making, and at some point in time, he will literately change a game's outcome by himself.

"Romo sits to pee back to pass, here comes Orakpo around the blind side...POW! Is that Romo sits to pee's femur sticking out of his helmet?"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d814b679a/Payton-s-Plan

Typical 1.49min nfl network blah... Very interesting that Tryon was mentioned twice as a playmaker for the skins D. I really like that Payton has aged like 20 yrs in the last few seasons... He's working hard and it shows.

Could be trying to pump up Tryon's head and make him think that he is doing a good job. This is nothing more to me than a classic case of head games before the game. Of course they are going to go after Tryon. They are going to go after our entire secondary. Hall is the only guy that really has done anything Turnover wise. I don't know who else would be scared of our secondary. They are benefitting from pass rushers getting pressure, IMO.

Archived