Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Is The Most Likely Team For Campbell To End Up On?...

Assuming he's no longer here after this season--and let's face it, he won't be lol--what team would you see Jason Campbell ending up on? Correction: what NFL team would you see Campbell ending up on? lol...I can already predict half of the responses ;)...

Where would he be a reasonably good fit, whether as immediate starter or valuable back up and competition? The Bills? The Cardinals? The Raiders? The Browns?...

I believe a good fit for Campbell would be in Arizona. They've got a good thing going out there & will need a solid tough QB.

OK, i'm gonna TRY to not bash JC right now.

IMO, JC is 4-5 years away from being a good QB, IF he does learn from a good qb coach. The panic attack style of reacting in the pocket isn't something that will go away in a few months or even a year, it is something that takes time.

He has shown a little improvement, unfortunately it isn't enough to earn the starting job next year; Brennan or another qb has to be put into place here, and let JC go on his way somewhere else.

As much as i've trash-talked him over the last few years, I honestly hope that he does succeed down the road, but if he's here next year, I will pull my hair out and cancel my NFL Ticket, and probably climb a tower somewhere..lol

Bucs, as a backup

I hope it is the Bucs, but, come on, as a backup? They benched 2nd year Josh Johnson after 5 games with a qbr of 50. Now they have rookie Freeman who is doing a little better but has still only won one game, fumbled 4 times against Miami and has only completed 55% of his passes. JC would beat out either of these guys for the starting spot.

I think he'll go to a team that plans on drafting a QB with their first pick and let Campbell start while the kid learns. Campbell may not be a great QB but he's a professional and a young guy could learn a lot from him as far as how to be a pro, study habits, etc. Besides Campbell is used to getting beaten up behind bad OLs so teams would prefer letting him take the hits while the rookie watches.

If Jason is smart he'll be a Steeler backing up Roethlisberger. He'd fit very nicely in that offense and his toughness would be well received.

He probably wants to start somewhere though.

I agree.

I would rather he was here, but backing up Ben for a season or two may be the best thing he could do in the short term. The Steeler organization would be a great influence on him.

I think JC will have a job in the NFL as long as he wants to play. He's tough, has a solid work ethic, he's big and strong, has a big arm, he shows leadership, he has athletic ability, etc.

Seems like he's just missing a consistent, well run organization to play for. Maybe a coach who isn't about to get fired, maybe one guy who can call plays, an offensive line, and a true #1 WR to make plays for him.

I think we'll be sorry if we let him go after this season.

If the CBA is not in place and we have an uncapped season, I can see the Redskins placing tags on Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell. Los would probably get the higher tender and Jason would get just a bit less, imho.

From there, we could get an offer from a team that is too good to pass up - or Jason will simply be here next season.

Carolina is the most logical choice. They have a run first offense with a deep passing attack. The kind of offense a QB like Campbell should be in in the first place (Like Gibb's system).

Deep passing attack I thought Campbell has a pretty bad completion percentage for passes over 20 yards.

Archived