Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Is The Most Likely Team For Campbell To End Up On?...

Assuming he's no longer here after this season--and let's face it, he won't be lol--what team would you see Jason Campbell ending up on? Correction: what NFL team would you see Campbell ending up on? lol...I can already predict half of the responses ;)...

Where would he be a reasonably good fit, whether as immediate starter or valuable back up and competition? The Bills? The Cardinals? The Raiders? The Browns?...

Carolina is the most logical choice. They have a run first offense with a deep passing attack. The kind of offense a QB like Campbell should be in in the first place (Like Gibb's system).

St. Louis is very similar to Carolina just a little further from competing. Their Offense is very similar, but they need receivers as well.

Oakland is in worse condition than we are. I highly doubt Campbell goes there. I can't even begin to try to identify what system they are trying to run.

SF isn't a bad choice since like STL and CAR they run similar offenses that JC would thrive in; however, I still think Alex Smith isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

I highly doubt he would be in Miami.

Carolina or Buffalo, I'd say. I don't think he'd play for the raiders, although if the raiders are dumb enough to give up say...a 2nd round pick for him, we'd jump at the opportunity to ship him there. IMO, he'd be a fairly solid backup,s o he should receive some strong consideration for that role, at least.

Oakland Raiders. Al Davis will make him an offer he cannot refuse. That's why I'm hoping if we do plan to keep him to make JC an offer before FA starts. He will be gone after that, set in stone, if he hits the open market with all these teams needing a QB, even if he isn't a great one.

As a starter? IMO?

Carolina makes the most sense. After that I think he would be an upgarde for the following teams... Minnesota (Favre retires), Cleveland, Seattle (If Zorn goes back there and he would compete), Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oakland, and possilby St. Louis.

But I could also see him in backup duty in NY (Jets or Giants), Pittsburgh, Alanta, Baltimore, KC, NE or Tennessee.

if cowher is in carolina there is no way hes gonna want campbell. he'll wanna get a new young QB he can groom.

FYI... Cowher pick Big Ben. JC is a Ben-like QB... Big, strong, can take a beating and manage a game. JC would be new to Cowher and he is only 27.

A number of you mention St. Louis...do you guys think Spags would be high on obtaining Jason Campbell after going up against him while with the Giants?

I dont undertand your question. Its not like he has a Giant rivalry thing going on. JC is a decent QB. He is definitely an upgrade over what they have there now.

Archived