Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gifts for Girlfriend/Wife Thread

SIXX99

The worst part of starting a new relationship in fall/winter: the holidays.

I have no clue what I'm going to do :laugh:

You have the perfect chance to set the stage.

Try this. Start framing yourself as a minimalist and that you really enjoy giving homemade or handpicked gifts to your ladies.

She will see it as romantic and sweet, you save the bucks! win/win!

Have a friend w/ one of these and she loves it.

Can I play along in here? My gfs bday is Dec 7th, so I gotta figure a nice gift for that and Christmas. I'm not very good at figuring out what are good gifts, so far I like some of the ideas in here.

My wife's is Dec 24 (ugh) you probably don't have to worry about this as much as I do, but score points by not wrapping her b-day present in Christmas-themed wrapping paper.

We're expecting our first child, so I'm thinking of getting her a photo session with a pro photographer whose work was on display in our local coffee shop. She mentioned off hand before we got pregnant that she'd love to get photos like that someday. The whole package (photo session and actual prints) get's a little pricey so it may have to combo as a bday/xmas gift.

Have a friend w/ one of these and she loves it.

Can I play along in here? My gfs bday is Dec 7th, so I gotta figure a nice gift for that and Christmas. I'm not very good at figuring out what are good gifts, so far I like some of the ideas in here.

I would reccomend getting something for her birthday that you can follow up with some accessory or add-on for Christmas.

The worst part of starting a new relationship in fall/winter: the holidays.

I have no clue what I'm going to do :laugh:

Yep. I mean, I started seeing my girlfriend exactly four months and one day ago but we weren't "official" until a few weeks ago.

I haven't bought any holiday gifts since like 2004. It's absurd. I have no desire to shop, not even for myself right now, let alone someone else.

Ugh.

I've been with my girlfriend for about 4 months now, but we've never really bought each other anything. Some small joke gifts, but not Christmas-style.

I really don't know what to get her. She doesn't watch many regular series on TV, she doesn't own movies, and she's got pretty expensive taste in clothes and jewelry that are pretty much out of my price range. Plus she's a big Christmas shopper, she's one of those kinds of people who loves shopping for others and finding the perfect gift rather than receiving her own presents, and she's already said she has 3 or 4 things for me.

I've been with Mondizzle for almost 6 years (5 years and 10 months). I was thinking we could get a laptop for each other, so that we could be surfing the internet at the same time. A combined gift per se.

I'll still get her a little something come Christmas time but I think that's a good gift for each other. Expensive... but we can both enjoy it.

I've been with my girlfriend for about 4 months now, but we've never really bought each other anything. Some small joke gifts, but not Christmas-style.

I really don't know what to get her. She doesn't watch many regular series on TV, she doesn't own movies, and she's got pretty expensive taste in clothes and jewelry that are pretty much out of my price range. Plus she's a big Christmas shopper, she's one of those kinds of people who loves shopping for others and finding the perfect gift rather than receiving her own presents, and she's already said she has 3 or 4 things for me.

This has doom and gloom all over it. Good Luck.

I can't believe some of you guys that don't just take a few minutes a day to listen to your ladies and know what they want or need. I got so many ideas that I am pushing off things to her family.

Its not that hard to figure out. I told you guys about the shoe thing a while back.

Stay away from things that you know nothing about.

Entertainment (considering Seinfeld) as in shows or vacations (Vegas is cheap) are always good.

Clothes can be hard, but shoes can sometimes work.

Stupid stuff sometimes, like my girl wants long sleeved shirts.

I always have more problems with the stocking stuff.

Panic. That's what you're gonna do.

Most likely :D

You have the perfect chance to set the stage.

Try this. Start framing yourself as a minimalist and that you really enjoy giving homemade or handpicked gifts to your ladies.

She will see it as romantic and sweet, you save the bucks! win/win!

It's a good idea. I used to be like that but have gotten away from it. Time to brainstorm.

Yep. I mean, I started seeing my girlfriend exactly four months and one day ago but we weren't "official" until a few weeks ago.

I haven't bought any holiday gifts since like 2004. It's absurd. I have no desire to shop, not even for myself right now, let alone someone else.

Ugh.

I think that's one of my reasons for always starting relationships in spring :laugh:

Oh well, I'll probably go with what SS suggested. At least we all have a month to figure this all out.

FF_228182_s.jpg

FF_188849_l.jpg

• 1 month later...

bumping this,....I got my gf a new phone (Samsung Soltice)- its a touch screen but basic function phone- perfect for her.

also an outdoor fire place and few small things...

how are you guys doing with your gift buying? Mine was all random and spur of the moment gifts, had a tough time this year.

One of the things i got my wife this year is a day to herself. I went to Escape Salon and Day Spa and got her a package that includes a full shampoo, haircut & blowdry, a sugar scrub manicure and pedicure, a deep tissue massage, a deep cleansing facial (lolololol), and i think an eyebrow waxing....which she doesn't really need, cuz she's particular about keeping her eyebrows in pristine shape at all times, but it was included in the package so what the hell. Plus, this gift doubles as a day for dad to take care of our 2 year old son so she can have a little "female" time, and get herself out of "mom mode" for a while.

And then i got her some other small things like a Mid-Atlantic Field Guide for birds. See, i got her this caged, globe style, bird feeder on our deck as part of her mother's day gift, and she's always talking about having a field guide so she can figure out all the different birds that are constantly feeding (and ****ting) on our deck. I got her some nifty christmas comfy pants and comfy socks from Old Navy. Um...i got her a mixed bag of Lindt chocolate balls, (those things are damn good).

Oh and since we live in the digital age, she takes bazillions of pictures with her digital camera and never gets any of them printed. So i'm going to type up a little certificate and put it in an envelope that says "yadda yadda yadda, this certificate is good to have all of your catalogued pictures printed, yadda yadda yadda". Then she can begin the task of putting all of her pictures in photo albums.

And then of course i filled her stockings with things like coconut m&ms, gummy life savers, flavored lip balms, a DVD game of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that we can play together (cuz we'd both own that show if we ever went on it), etc etc.

So i don't know if any of that stuff helps any of you guys out, but that's most of what I'm got this year. And i managed to keep her Christmas relatively inexpensive, while still getting her some stuff i know she'll appreciate.

:)

Victorias Secret gift card is the best choice. It is a win win. She is all happy n and then she models it all for you. Nothing better. Well maybe that 3 some idea. I have been working on that one for years now with no luck. If anyone of you actually get that for Christmas keep it to yourself cause that is just not right ;)

Reebok has these new sneakers called Easytones. They supposedly will help tone their legs and butt whilst they walk. My girl asked for a pair, they retail for around $100.

I think Sketchers makes those too- my gf pointed them out last night- after I had already bought everything. That will have to be a random gift in the near future.

Archived