Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ENJOY, one of those rare perfect NFL Sundays

bubba9497

Get a reality check everyone ... the Skins have no secondary. Any team with a decent QB will pick the Skins apart. Look at the Schedule ... there are no more rookie coaches or easy teams insight (except perhaps Raiders ... but Skins never beat them). Skins won yesterday because they knocked Orton out and used a gadget play. With Campbell they still have trouble scoring. They won't sneak up on any team again. The Skins will be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games, at best.

debbie_downer1.jpg

You do realize that the point of this thread is to appreciate a RARE Sunday such as this? Maybe some of us like the idea of appreciating a win, as rare as they are these days. :doh:

I know this was Sat night, but the Wyoming Cowboys scored 24 in the 4th quarter to come back and beat SDSU. AND the crosstown HS Central High(the enemy) got creamed by Sheridan for the state 4A HS championship. So it was a great weekend all around.

the planets alighned!!!

Just love it when the Homers get carried away after a funky win. Un-unreal.

what's unreal is a alleged Redskin fan who can't enjoy a good victory, instead wants to criticize those who do

get a freaking life, and turn off the agenda machine for a moment.

No one implied anything other than for one day, instead of having to sit through misery, we got to enjoy a rare (look up the meaning) Victory over a winning team, and our rivals lost.

no allusions were made as to what would happen in the future, no comments saying all our problems were solved,... etc. We could go winless the rest of the season, but that doesn't change the fact that yesterday was a good day for Redskins fans to enjoy.

The stupid part of your attempts to ake everyone "get real" was if you actually read the op, the word "rare" suggest something like a good win doesn't happen often... one would say the term was being "realistic" about the Skins chances of having more future good wins, and our rivals losing. Also the word Savor, (definition: To appreciate fully; enjoy or relish: I want to savor this great moment of accomplishment.)

. Hardly terms a "homer" would use after 1 win... because it implies that this feeling of winning isn't gonna happen much in the future....

but per your usual shtick, any hint of perceived optimism, you try to rain on the parade, and attempt to hijack the thread with the same old hater bull ****.

as I said before your act has grown tiresome.

what's unreal is a alleged Redskin fan who can't enjoy a good victory, instead wants to criticize those who do

get a freaking life, and turn off the agenda machine for a moment.

No one implied anything other than for one day, instead of having to sit through misery, we got to enjoy a rare (look up the meaning) Victory over a winning team, and our rivals lost.

no allusions were made as to what would happen in the future, no comments saying all our problems were solved,... etc. We could go winless the rest of the season, but that doesn't change the fact that yesterday was a good day for Redskins fans to enjoy.

The stupid part of your attempts to ake everyone "get real" was if you actually read the op, the word "rare" suggest something like a good win doesn't happen often... one would say the term was being "realistic" about the Skins chances of having more future good wins, and our rivals losing. Also the word Savor, (definition: To appreciate fully; enjoy or relish: I want to savor this great moment of accomplishment.)

. Hardly terms a "homer" would use after 1 win... because it implies that this feeling of winning isn't gonna happen much in the future....

but per your usual shtick, any hint of perceived optimism, you try to rain on the parade, and attempt to hijack the thread with the same old hater bull ****.

as I said before your act has grown tiresome.

I havent spent much time in the stadium this season because of gloomers like Greggpeck. It's bad enough to watch our beloved team fail multiple times, but then jokers compounding it by trashing a glimmer of positivity makes it literally unbearable.

Good post, btw

Campbell is getting a pass for whatever reason ... a funky win like yesterday delays the inevitable. Campbell is inconsistent and lacks production ... he will never be better than he is ... and that is not good enough in the NFL. A win like yesterday's obscures this reality.

OK if so, why should that deter people's enjoyment of a game? I don't agree that JC had a bad game but I'll play along -- it would be like me watching my favorite baseball team win a game, and say look I can't enjoy the win, because the player I want my team to dump went 1-5 and I am desperate to see him go.

Some people don't like JC, and I get that. But if they can't enjoy a win because they don't like one of the players on the team, then isn't the dislike of that player getting a bit irrational?

Dude, there is a good chance the player you seem to despise is gone in the off season if that's the be all and end all for you, so why stew in misery?

• 11 months later...

Good post by Bubba

I love Sundays like that... ones when things go our way for the most part... Sure seems like most of our Sundays (and any other day when the Skins play lately) are filled with disappointment. Makes you really wonder what it must be like to be a fan of a quality and consistent team. A Colts fan... A Steelers fan... they have it made. Only thing we have to look forward to most years is our offseason. I, like most of you all will continue to back the Skins... in the hopes that some day there will be a Sunday when things all seem to go right and is not filled with disappointment and a fan of another team actually says how lucky Redskins fans are.

Archived