Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Laron Landry, "I'm a Smart Tackler"

Taylor 21

Redskins nation just a few minutes ago, had a segment with Sam Huff and they were talking about the hit Landry gave Ryan and the scuffle on the sidelines.

They showed a locker room interview with Laron that happened yesterday. Someone asked him if the team needs to go back to the basics of tackling and he said somewhere along the lines of:

"No we dont, its all about attitude. You have hitters and you have tacklers."

Some guy asked him which one are you and his response:

"I'm a little bit of both. You know, I'm a smart tackler... let's put it that way."

Smart means not to hit the QB out of bounds. I think the D should be commended on everything aspect. They miss tackles b/c they are on the field more than any other D. The Pass defense is top 5 and the run D would be too if other teams were not on the field for three quarters. I would stop bashing the D b/c everyone on every network says this is a playoff caliber D and the offense is holding them back.

He needs to stop thinking and learn to just do it.

We don't have to argue about Campbell in every single thread. There are plenty of threads dedicated to that, go there.

Landry needs to take better angles and wrap up better. He's pretty much failing in every facet of tackling.

killdozer.gif

Smart

Come on man he was in text book position on that play to make the tackle.. he cant help it if Jacobs weighs 75 more lbs than him.. PLUS he was almost standing still while Jacobs was running full speed.. that would of happened with anyone trying to tackle the dude in that situation.

Now i am not defending him on all of his other crappy tackles cause he isnt smart at all, but that play there was nothing he could of done differently.

remember LaRon did go down on the Jacobs tackle but he did slow him up for the other defensive players. Job not totally completed but he did take the hit instead of running away!

Also this D is one of the best and is one of the few reasons this team has the chance to win most every week.

The O needs to score points and with the QB we have the history says we will not. Maybe with Betts starting, the run game may get better but then the WR's need to get the ball thrown their way and hold on to it, and yes the QB does have time if he would not panick. This will all make this D better and the missed tackles will not be talked about as much.

Bottom line is the Offense and Defense need to score points and the problems, especially on defense, will all just go away!

They miss tackles b/c they are on the field more than any other D.

That doesn't work for the Falcons game, or Eagles, or Rams games. We won the TOP in those games and only won one, barely. The Eagles defense played pretty well against us and they were on the field longer.

I saw Landry miss a few tackles in the Falcons game, I forget the other games. I think he was on the field for 26:28 minutes too long. You know it is tough coming out of the bye-week and having to work your way back up to playing a full game.

Let's be easy on him.

Landry's comment ranks right up there with "The better team lost today."

Come on man he was in text book position on that play to make the tackle.. he cant help it if Jacobs weighs 75 more lbs than him.. PLUS he was almost standing still while Jacobs was running full speed.. that would of happened with anyone trying to tackle the dude in that situation.

Now i am not defending him on all of his other crappy tackles cause he isnt smart at all, but that play there was nothing he could of done differently.

Sure there was: Tackle him from the side or go for his legs. He could also do a tackle where he just latches onto him and tries to spin him down. A smart tackler knows that he's not going to stand still and plow back a full-speed wrecking ball.

Archived