Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fastcompany.com: Redesigning The Worst NFL Helmet Graphics

JeffSchmeff

That redesign is really bland and weak, it's far too derivative of the Eagles and therefore lacks any sort of identity with the team. I really hope and pray that IF they ever decide to redesign the current helmet (which I personally like, although I can see how it could cause offence) then I hope they don't employ this clown to do it.

We need to bring back this:

02.gif

I love this one too, but my real favorite is this:

70-71.gif

Mainly I love it because it's the one they wore when I first became a fan.

I have to admit though that the spear is a better design, but just barely. My understanding of the gold R helmet is that it was designed to mimic the Green Bay helmet. It's certainly a nice classic design.

looks like a bird hit the windshield on an airplane

:hysterical:

I appreciate the effort, but the guy totally crashed and burned on two of the three helmet redesigns. I mean they are comically bad.

The Bucs one is okay, but the Jolly Roger is pretty cliche for a pirate theme, and it's no real improvement over the existing one.

Why are you guys saying the Bucs one is cool? Essentially he took the flag off the current one and made the skull and cross swords bigger. It's the same thing.

No - he took the flag off and made the skull and swords bigger... :evilg:

When it comes to graphics, little changes like that can mean a lot.

If we got rid of the two feathers on our logo, wouldn't it make the helmets look a lot different? Same thing.

70-71.gif

I have to admit though that the spear is a better design, but just barely. My understanding of the gold R helmet is that it was designed to mimic the Green Bay helmet. It's certainly a nice classic design.

It's no coincidence that Vince Lombardi was the Redskins coach when that helmet was introduced...

That's awful.

The Redskins logo is fine as is. I think it's one of the better logos in the league plus they won their superbowls with that logo. Stick with tradition, don't go with the arena league look and new isn't always better. The Redskins, Raiders and Packers should never change their logo - they are iconic.

Case in point: I know they relocated but the Titans logo is crap compared to the Oilers' oil derrick.

70-71.gif

+1

I'm a big fan of the "R" logo.

:ROFLMAO: Are you ****ing serious? That is the absolute worst helment redesign I have ever seen. As if we weren't already the lacking stock of the league, this helmet would definitely cement our place as "that team."

I agree with MattFancy, I enjoy the old spear and feather logo. Looks a lot like Florida St.'s but if we're ever legally forced to change our name and logo, I hope we use that one.

Pats redesign = total fail. It does indeed look like Wonder Woman's leotard.

Bucs redesign = color fail. Needs more crimson, less white.

Skins redesign = total fail. Redeagleskins design absolutely SUCKS. Maybe having the same two feathers of our iconic logo start at the top of the facemask and break off to the left across one side of our helmet might work. Let the other side be plain burgundy. Asymmetry hasn't hurt the Steeler's look any.

Skins Spear Helmet = Florida state = No thanks.

Skins "R" Helmet = Sorry if this offends old fans with fond memories of the helmet, but yellow helmets just aren't us anymore. And the "R" logo looks like we bought a nice expensive helmet, but couldn't afford to buy a decent logo to put in the circles on the sides.

Hail!

Archived