Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fastcompany.com: Redesigning The Worst NFL Helmet Graphics

JeffSchmeff

I agree with him that the Bengals have the best helmets, I've always loved theirs. His Skins redesign is terrible, and the Pats redesign is absolutely hideous, as was already said, it looks like something from American Gladiators. The Bucs one is pretty cool IMHO. No need to change the Skins helmets though, they are awesome as is.

He made the pats helmet look like a bowling ball, ugly design. Imagine what the uniforms would look like. I don't mind that he thinks the redskins logo stinks but then he makes an ugly version to take its place. Horrible designs, blah

I tried to read the whole thought process behind it, but don't get it at all. It doesn't look like a headdress or any thing of the sort. It doesn't make me think american indian and the deep black outlines throw everything off.

Interesting article and approach, really, but they failed to really approach these helmets from the fan/viewers standpoint. It seems as if they just approached it from that half angle viewpoint and then copped out with cheese graphics.

Is it older than most?

Tough to say. Except for a temporary small "tweak",that lasted maybe a season(if I have read things right),the current design has been around since 1972 to 1973. Considering how other teams have changed things around over the years,it could be one of the older ones.

Archived