Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sun-Sentinel: Redskins cap-wearing man robs Boca Raton bank

Southtown

Is that Monte51Coleman in that picture? :)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-boca-raton-bank-robbery-suspect-20091110,0,3855200.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

12:42 a.m. EST, November 11, 2009

Boca Raton police are searching for a bank robbery suspect who targeted Chase Bank on Monday wearing a yellow Washington Redskins cap.

The suspect walked into the bank in the 700 block of West Yamato Road and showed a black binder with a note stating "I have a gun, don't alarm anyone, I want … money in 100's, 50's, and 20's" to a bank employee greeting customers.

The employee got cash from a teller and then handed it to the suspect, who was fidgeting with a sweatshirt tied around his waist simulating that he had a gun, police said.

The suspect fled in a small, white SUV. He is described as between 25 and 30, 5-feet-9 and between 175 and 185 pounds.

He also has light brown hair, green or brown eyes and wore a yellow cap with a Washington Redskins emblem, khaki pants and a gray sweatshirt with white stripes.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Detective John Moran at 561-338-1315 or Crimestoppers at 800-458-8477.

Copyright © 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Why aren't Redskins fans being more vocal about distancing themselves from these guys?

Franchise of peace my ***.

We can't jump to conclusions about why this guy robbed a bank! Sure, he has season tickets, sure he had a Skins tattoo, a Skins brand on his forearm, his car had the Redskins logo and colors, he had the Encyclopedia of Redskins history under one arm, a foam #1 Skins finger, a Sean Taylor memorial towel from his waist, screamed "Hail to the Redskins! We shall have our vengeance on the NFL!" and posted lengthy missives on ES, CPND and other Skins sites about how it was his duty as a Skins fan to rob banks to buy the team from Snyder but we can't know what would drive a man to just snap and rob a bank! We don't have all the facts yet! Maybe he had PTSD from this terrible season and it had nothing to do with the Skins at all!

We can't jump to conclusions about why this guy robbed a bank! Sure, he has season tickets, sure he had a Skins tattoo, a Skins brand on his forearm, his car had the Redskins logo and colors, he had the Encyclopedia of Redskins history under one arm, a foam #1 Skins finger, a Sean Taylor memorial towel from his waist, screamed "Hail to the Redskins! We shall have our vengeance on the NFL!" and posted lengthy missives on ES, CPND and other Skins sites about how it was his duty as a Skins fan to rob banks to buy the team from Snyder but we can't know what would drive a man to just snap and rob a bank! We don't have all the facts yet! Maybe he had PTSD from this terrible season and it had nothing to do with the Skins at all!
Look, there's no need for sarcasm. We know that he robbed the bank because he was a Redskins fan, and while we certainly don't condone what he did, you have to admit that you can sympathize with how he feels. It's not just this season, it has been a decade of oppression and watching an empire grow rich off of our suffering. Somebody was going to lash out eventually.

The question is what we're going to do about it. Are we going to start putting every Redskins fan under surveillance in case they might crack? Do we rename the team? Move it to London? We are not going to be able to change the Redskins. We can take out the number 2 man in the organization, but our top target is basically untouchable. The situation is ****ed up and we just have to take it for what it is. We can wait for geopolitical change that will bring our team back to the promised land and cool the fans' anger, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

All we can really do is go after the real radicals - people who are really talking about robbing banks or committing serious violence or vandalism. We can't really do much about the others - people who are angry but are just writing letters or making signs or speaking out at Tailgates. They don't really pose any real threat, and cracking down hard on them will only push them to become more radical. We must win their hearts and minds, and we're not going to do it by antagonizing them. I fully admit that the line can get fuzzy between the disaffected and the radical, and people can move between the two groups, but there is just no good way to police across that line.

We'll get this bank robber, and we'll try to stop the next bank robber before he cracks, but some are going to slip through the cracks. That's just the price of living in a free society. Hopefully the team will just start winning again and things will get better before they get worse.

Why aren't Redskins fans being more vocal about distancing themselves from these guys?

Franchise of peace my ***.

Look, there's no need for sarcasm. We know that he robbed the bank because he was a Redskins fan, and while we certainly don't condone what he did, you have to admit that you can sympathize with how he feels. It's not just this season, it has been a decade of oppression and watching an empire grow rich off of our suffering. Somebody was going to lash out eventually.

The question is what we're going to do about it. Are we going to start putting every Redskins fan under surveillance in case they might crack?

You guys are making me nervous about my personal privacy :paranoid:

The question is what we're going to do about it. Are we going to start putting every Redskins fan under surveillance in case they might crack? Do we rename the team? Move it to London? We are not going to be able to change the Redskins. We can take out the number 2 man in the organization, but our top target is basically untouchable. The situation is ****ed up and we just have to take it for what it is. We can wait for geopolitical change that will bring our team back to the promised land and cool the fans' anger, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

I agree with DjTj... I mean some of my best friends are Redskins fans... And as much as I know they wouldn't do something like this... There are some real crazys out there... and we've gotta sometimes hurt the whole group in order to save it...

Archived