Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Albert Haynesworth!

TLusby

They're probably just blocking all the fan noise out at that point. I wouldn't take offense to it so much.
no, **** them. They're just there for a pay check, we deserve even just an acknowledgment, especially the kid, and especially when they have given us diddly **** on the field to boot.

Big Al is cool to me and I'm glad the Redskins signed him. As long as he's giving his maximum effort every time he's on the field great. I just think its hilarious how Matt Mosley at ESPN keeps talking about how Al's a bust and how bad he's playing this season. Only people who don't pay attention to the Redskins don't notice he's having a very good season on a bad team.

Well said. There are many who question Haynesworth's effort or ability. The one thing that he said that was truly enlightening was the fact that on most plays he sees a double team. I don't think that there is a player out there right now that can push around 600 lbs of man for the entire game and not take a play off. Some fans lack the perspective about what certain players jobs are. Haynesworth has one of the hardest jobs there is and that is taking on two linemen at a time so that players like Orakpo and Carter can gain sacks. I really think that Haynesworth was a good signing. Just wish that kind of effort was put towards the offensive line.

Albert Haynesworth is a piece of. I've seen him countless times and he is a tool.

Albert climbed my 100 foot Oak tree in my backyard to save my kitten! I have also witnessed him helping old lady's cross the street! And even last year he and I delivered over 200 Meals on Wheels meals!

I don't see where you're getting tool from

I didnt care that big al got flagged for a 15. Their coach and a few others had Hall by the jersey for 30 seconds and Big Al bounces away one punk falcon and gets flagged. Al didnt have the best game but who cares, the guy has heart.

On a defense that displays no emotion (based on Blache's lame duck scheme), the guy has it.

Notice with the whole DHall scuffle that BIG AL was the only one running to his aid. No matter if hall was in the right or the wrong, you have to stand up for your teamates. You win as a team, lose as a team and fight as a team. It just shows that there is no conductivity throughout this organization.

With a personal trainer and some focus, BIG AL could be one bad dude next year

I find it sad that our current players don't seems to know/care about what the Redskin tradition is about. Its not about egos, money, being the playmaker or any of that stuff. Its about victory and the fans. Even if the Skins couldn't deliver victory they still appreciated the fans. Its almost disturbing that person we signed a few short months ago seem to know the tradition better that players who have some cases been here for near decade. The player doesn't know the history but he knows what the tradition revolves around. The Fans.

(Thanks Snyder for ignoring my message about playing Fight for Ole DC part of the Redskin DVD to the team)

Cool story. Very different than many of the stories that I've heard about Haynesworth before. Also sounds like most of the players were down in the dumps. At this point, I'd imagine that many of the players don't care about the fans any more also.

they dont care about the fans, they dont care if they win.only things they care about are gettin that big check, and coming up with new celebrations they do on the field , if they make aplay

Thats GREAT! I witnessed BIG AL, of all do the same exact thing at the philly game....we were in our Dream Seats.

BIG AL is FIRST CLASS!

I agree. He gets a bad rap. The face stomp thing was ridiculous; he certainly has an anger management issue as shown by that and perhaps the episode yesterday, but outside of that he seems very gracious to the fans and is one of the few guys out there that seems to give 100% most of the time. I know, I know, the "fake" injuries...

Great story, and thanks for sharing! Go Big Al! What a way to pep up a young fan! He is definitely becoming a favorite of mine.

And for the poster above who said he has anger management issues (b/c of the head stomping incident and what he did at the game yesterday), he was one of the ONLY players that went over there to help his teammate out during a brawl. That's NOT an anger management issue. That's doing "the right thing" IMO. Hell, if I had to pick any 1 guy off of our team to have my back, Big Al would definitely be the man!

Again, glad to hear what he did for the young fan. Heartwarming story!

Albert was on fire, and I know if they hadn't let D hall get out of there when they did, Big Al would have opened a can on Half the Falcons Coaching STaff.

I LOVE that Big Al got in there and mixed it up with the Falcons. I know the dude really likes to punish people, but that said a lot to me that he just jumped in there to defend a teammate. I'll be the first to admit that I called his signing another stupid move by our FO (and maybe we did overpay but whatever) but I've really enjoyed having him on the team, and so has the rest of the DL.

A spoiled money hungry player just working for a paycheck doesn't risk injury to get in the middle of a scrum to defend a teammate.

My son and I were at the same tunnel and I do agree the team looked really down. I especially noticed the "beat-down" look on the faces of Rock, Santana, and Coach Zorn. But Albert wasn't the only generous 'Skin in tossing out gloves. My son hit the jackpot, catching a pair of gloves from D. Hall, one from Smoot, and another from a player to be named later! We also got a wave from Albert, but I guess his gloves were already gone! My son was thrilled with his 4 gloves and has determined he will NOT share them with his 3 sisters.

In defense of the guys who walked past you without acknowledging you, had it been me in that situation, I would have done the EXACT same thing. That soon after another exasperating loss, I probably wouldn't want to hear encouraging words.

But big ups to Haynesworth for that, that's tremendously professional. I've been hard on him this year, but that definitely takes a ton of class.

I disagree.

This team all season long acts like a bunch of crybabies when criticized. You go out and suck it up, again, yet this time you have people encouraging you, I expect you to respond. These guys are pathetic. Good on you, Albert.

Notice with the whole DHall scuffle that BIG AL was the only one running to his aid. No matter if hall was in the right or the wrong, you have to stand up for your teamates. You win as a team, lose as a team and fight as a team. It just shows that there is no conductivity throughout this organization.

With a personal trainer and some focus, BIG AL could be one bad dude next year

Atually,that's not quite correct. Al happened to be the biggest to to help:). Landry,Tryon,and Horton all showed up before Al and the just about the rest of the D-line showed up.

Archived