Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

No way I bid that high for Melo. Denver is selling low on Melo right now. They know he will bolt so teams will low ball them in any trade offer. That's why none of the FA's from this years crop were dealt at the deadline last year.

I think Melo hits the FA market next year. I think it's a good possibility that Melo comes here if our roster shows the improvement I think it can. Besides Amare and to a certain extent Gallinari, the Knicks are depleted off of any sort of talent. We've been hearing the Knicks hype for at least 7 years now yet they can't do anything. I'm not buying the whole CP3/Melo to NYK rumors.

you think thats bidding high? If denver came at me with that trade it would only really take a second to think about. While Arenas reached superstar for a couple years, Melo has been the **** since his entrance. If arenas wasn't a ****ing clown then that trade would be a lot harder to make.

As it is, numerous bball insiders said that they didn't want arenas around wall and so this trade becomes very attractive.

I'm not a Blatche fan in any type of way. Never have been. I think he's a soft, lazy bum who completely wastes his God-given ability. Maybe he continues his strong finish from last year but I'm not holding my breath.

You're point still stands about bidding low.

Yea, I was a huge blatche fan when I first saw signs of huge potential in him but you are absolutely right. The amounts times he goes hard to the hole only to put up some weak ass finger roll that gets blocked half the time if a defender challenges him in the air tells you all you need to know about him.

I'm not a Blatche fan in any type of way. Never have been. I think he's a soft, lazy bum who completely wastes his God-given ability. Maybe he continues his strong finish from last year but I'm not holding my breath.

You're point still stands about bidding low.

I feel differently. His numbers last year after the ASG can't be disputed. His efficiency for being the first option on the team was remarkable and his rebounding got better as well. He was never really a bum on the court anyways. He's always posted decent numbers for a back up PF/C. With Jamison logging such heavy minutes at PF, he never really had a chance to play his natural position and get in a rhythm. He is not a center (which he was forced to play a lot).

In any case, he is the big man on the roster. Trading him for Melo leaves us with Seraphin or Trevor Booker as the only PF's on the roster lol.

I feel differently. His numbers last year after the ASG can't be disputed. His efficiency for being the first option on the team was remarkable and his rebounding got better as well. He was never really a bum on the court anyways. He's always posted decent numbers for a back up PF/C. With Jamison logging such heavy minutes at PF, he never really had a chance to play his natural position and get in a rhythm. He is not a center (which he was forced to play a lot).

In any case, he is the big man on the roster. Trading him for Melo leaves us with Seraphin or Trevor Booker as the only PF's on the roster lol.

agree 100%....when he finally got his chance to start and log heavy minutes...he stepped up. Both during Jamison's injury at the beginning of the year and after he was traded later in the year.

My beef with Blatche is mainly character directed. He is undoubtedly a highly skilled player for someone his size. The sky is almost the limit for him. Which is why I think I feel so strongly about this. I hate to see *******s ruin their opportunities.

I think he's a bum as a person. I don't think you can win big with him as one of your leaders on a team. Or any players like him. Did he step up big last year after the team was blown up? Absolutely. But he was still acting like a little baby douchebag. I don't know if I've ever been as disgusted with a local player as I was when Blatche had his little beef with Flip. That bull**** was beyond ridiculous. I got 4 years and 10 months backing me up. You all have 60 days.

I think their was more to last years Flip/Blatche feud than what was reported. Flip was obviously frustrated beyond belief last year because he felt he was taking on a winning veteran squad, not a young rebuilding. Flips douchebag attitude was on full display after a tough loss against Boston. That game was all on Foye shooting the team out of the game, than on Blatche who had one of his best performances of his career. To call him out for talking smack to KG (who btw is a ****ing little prick) was a low blow to his team.

I think Blatche is indeed a knucklehead (though from all accounts, he doesn't partake in the stupid things he did early in his career). But that particular incident, Flip was being a real douche. Siding with his ex player KG, and not his current squad was a dick move on his part and that is something he is known for doing. The guy has lost the support of his locker and his players pretty much at every coaching stop. I think eventually we team will be looking to get rid of him as well.

I am one for keeping Blatche because I dont feel like he should be are main option.

but he is a very good starting PF and put him around Carmello at SF, Young/Heinrich at SG, McGee at C and Wall at PG I thing we can compete with anyone in the East

(Maybe the Heat in a year or two) So do you think we could package any of the following into an offer.

Josh Howard

Nick Young or Kirk Heinrich

Al Thorton

Gilbert Arenas

Our young players from this year or future draft picks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/17/AR2010081706093.html

The Wizards will begin training camp in about six weeks, and Wall has already started to settle into his new hometown. Wall said he took about two weeks off after summer league to rest his knees after developing some tendonitis. He arrived in Washington last week and worked with head athletic trainer Eric Waters to get his knees stronger, while assistant coach Sam Cassell helped him work on developing his game.

Wall said he also met with Gilbert Arenas, who was in town receiving treatment on his left knee."I talked to him a little bit. He knows a lot about the game. You can tell he's a smart player. I can't wait to get on the court with him and get it going," Wall said. "He just says he's going to do as much as he can to change and play the way he knows how to play, helping us win. I feel like you got two guys who can attack the basket and also Gilbert can stretch the defense, it helps out a lot."

a different part of that article disturbs me:

Wall also attended the Washington Redskins' first preseason win over Buffalo on Friday, when his friend and fellow Raleigh, N.C., native Brandon Banks returned a punt for a touchdown and celebrated by doing Wall's signature dance in the end zone. Wall attended the same high school for two years with Banks and visited with him after the game. "We was in town, no reason not to show him some love. It was great to see him have the opportunity to live out a dream and play in the NFL," Wall said, adding that he enjoyed the atmosphere at FedEx Field. "That was my first real NFL game. Imagine when they play the Cowboys on opening night. I'm going to try to go to that game."

But Wall sounded somewhat conflicted about which team he would pull for. "I like the Cowboys, because of my mom. People aren't going to like me because of that," Wall said, laughing. Wall said he witnessed first-hand how intense the rivalry is, as he saw someone at the game get heckled and challenged to fights for wearing a Cowboys jersey. "I got to stay with the Cowboys because I can't switch teams, but I'm going to support D.C. no matter what. I'm in between. I'll be cheering for both of them, but I won't let anybody know."

a different part of that article disturbs me:

I can't hate on the guy for being a cowboys fan if that is how he was raised.

I can hate on him for saying "We WAS in town" instead of "We WERE in town"

It kills me the way some people talk...how hard is it to speak correctly. When you say things like "We WAS in town" you just make yourself sound stupid!

Yeah, Wall got me with that comment about him being a Cow'Bell fan. But, that can be remedied in due time.

As long as he is with this franchise for X amount of yrs. and the 'Bells are out of contention for those yrs. as well. He'll have no choice but to start pulling for a consistent winner in the 'Skins as well ;)

It kills me the way some people talk...how hard is it to speak correctly. When you say things like "We WAS in town" you just make yourself sound stupid!

I could care less about how well Wall speaks.

I'm more interested in how well he runs a basketball team. :2cents:

I could care less about how well Wall speaks.

I'm more interested in how well he runs a basketball team. :2cents:

you mean "you couldn't care less" right?

saying "I could care less" makes zero sense.

I'm with you...I don't really care how Wall (as an individual) speaks, as long as he produces on the court.

I do care (in general) about that specific error in grammar .....I probably shouldn't (being that I can't spell worth a ****) but it bothers me that people purposely say "Was" instead of "were" when they know it is incorrect. It is flat out ignorance....I don't know why it bothers me so much.

Why can't they speak correctly? Do they think it's cool to sound like an idiot?

It is the dumbing down of America.

Around the time of this years draft, NBA TV was replaying the broadcasts from like the last 20 drafts. I realized something watching those. People talk waaaay different as 19 year olds than they do later in life. The big one was Kevin Garnett. Nowadays I think he's a pretty well-spoken guy. But the night he was drafted they interviewed him and he sounded just like Walk does. Mumbling, not using correct grammar, etc.

Anyway, as far as the Cowboys thing goes, as long as he doesn't show up at a Skins game wearing Cowboys gear and mocking the crowd with it, I don't really care. Besides, the longer he spends in DC, the more he'll become DC.

you mean "you couldn't care less" right?

saying "I could care less" makes zero sense.

I'm with you...I don't really care how Wall (as an individual) speaks, as long as he produces on the court.

I do care (in general) about that specific error in grammar .....I probably shouldn't (being that I can't spell worth a ****) but it bothers me that people purposely say "Was" instead of "were" when they know it is incorrect. It is flat out ignorance....I don't know why it bothers me so much.

Why can't they speak correctly? Do they think it's cool to sound like an idiot?

It is the dumbing down of America.

Unfortunately it's passed down from generation to generation. Think about people in different regions. I bet all little kids in Boston say "Wicked Hahd" just like kids in the south have a bad drawl and say "fixin" to do something. Saying "Ax" instead of "Ask" really bothers me, but it's usually passed down from the parents. My mom says "Warshington" all the time and thank god I didn't follow her. And it makes everyone sound ignorant when you don't try and pronounce words correct.

And he grew up in Raleigh where the Panthers are the closest team and he had choices of the Redskins, Titans, Falcons and Jags who are closer to the Cowpukes. His mother is a moron.

I'm sure he'll be "converted" soon enough. :D But in all seriousness if he dominates on the court like I think he will, I don't really give a damn who he roots for, as long as he doesn't pull a Lebron and go to Skins games wearing Dallas gear(Lebron, being the giant douche that he is, went to Browns and Indians games wearing Cowboys and Yankees gear, respectively).

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/08/wizards-taking-training-camp-t.html

Wizards move training camp to George Mason's Patriot Center

The Wizards made it clear immediately following the draft that they planned on moving training camp closer to home and away from Richmond. On Wednesday, Coach Flip Saunders verified a long-held assumption that the team was swapping the campus of Virginia Commonwealth for George Mason when he told season ticket holders that the Wizards would begin training camp on Sept. 28 at Patriot Center. Saunders confirmed his comments and that the decision has been finalized in a text message.

Patriot Center falls under new owner Ted Leonsis's Monumental Sports and Entertainment umbrella. The Wizards trained on the VCU campus in Richmond for the previous six seasons, but Leonsis wanted to have training camp closer to Washington to give fans a better opportunity to attend practices and scrimmages. Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld said in June, "We loved Richmond, it was a very good situation."

But aside from being a two-hour drive away, Saunders added that having training camp far from home made it difficult for a team that already has to spend most of its preseason schedule on the road. The Wizards will host two of their seven exhibition games at Verizon Center this season, but open the preseason in Dallas on Oct. 5.

Archived