Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Andre Woodson be given an opportunity to start?

morpheusmeyers

I would fire Zorn and Vinny. Cut Jason- we aren't getting anything for him. Sign Jeff Garcia, since he's familiar with WCO and then play all the young guys so we can see what players may survive next year's purge.

I actually like the Jeff Garcia idea, he's also a good scrambler

Well if he could come in and complete even ONE decent pass downfield it might make an opposing defense back off a little, yanno?

Campbell is done, Woodson could not do worse. I f you are really worried about hurting someone that matters, have a raffle outside in the lot before the game to play QB by quarters. Still would probably be an improvement.

When Norv Turner decided to start Gus back in 1994 against the Colts during his rookie season, was Gus the primary backup or the 3rd stringer? I seem to remember that Gus was the 3rd stringer but I couldn't find anything on the internet to corroborate that.

By the way, Gus was a 7th round rookie and the team was either 1-6 or 2-5 going into that game. And Gus won.

The unfortunate thing about the QB situation is that November and December would have been the PERFECT opportunity to play Colt or Chase and see what they bring to the table. This is basically going to be a replay of 2006. At least during that season we thought we were watching JC develop.

Too bad we had to put Colt on the IR. I liked the move at the time in order to stash him away, but he'd be a great option to play out the string if he were healthy...

Zorn is not the problem this late in the season (it's not the play calling), it's the players.

Jeff Garcia would be an outingstanding move. With Garcia we could see the true WCO as it should be run. He could also help the QB's we have on the roster after JC is cut.

Are you kidding Woodson, things would just get worst........can't do much without a O line

They're probably going to lose at least 7 of the next 9 anyway. Is there something worse than that?

BTW, I don't get the "sign Garcia!" idiots. What exactly do you expect him to do? "Save the season" by getting us to 6-10 instead of 3-13? How does that help?! This season is DONE, and next season is likely going to be a debacle as well - might as well invest in some YOUNG talent by auditioning a YOUNGER QB who might actually be part of the future. Garcia is NOT the future. He's just another veteran band-aid which isn't going to help long-term. That's like getting botox while you're dying of untreated cancer - it solves nothing.

The unfortunate thing about the QB situation is that November and December would have been the PERFECT opportunity to play Colt or Chase and see what they bring to the table. This is basically going to be a replay of 2006. At least during that season we thought we were watching JC develop.

Too bad we had to put Colt on the IR. I liked the move at the time in order to stash him away, but he'd be a great option to play out the string if he were healthy...

Would you sign Chase off of the Saints practice squad and start him ahead of a vet like Collins or a 3rd string Woodson?

I liked Chase this past preseason. His lack of height concerned me, though.

Would you sign Chase off of the Saints practice squad and start him ahead of a vet like Collins or a 3rd string Woodson?

I think Chase is the best option. Might as well give him a shot.

Woodson was a stud in college, give him a shot. He might be our diamond in the rough that prevents us from waisting a draft pick on another unproven in the NFL QB.

Woodson was keeping pace with Colt for the NCAA TD record.... right?

He also made Kentucky a hell of a lot better.

Why not?

Zorn is not the problem this late in the season (it's not the play calling), it's the players.

Jeff Garcia would be an outingstanding move. With Garcia we could see the true WCO as it should be run. He could also help the QB's we have on the roster after JC is cut.

I at this point would love to see jeff garcia. I'm not gonna say that jc wont be a decent nfl quarterback. It's just not gonna happen in D.C. Even if he was up to speed, he is playing too scared, and the pressure here is too much for him. You can see it on each and every play. He has the talent but i just don't think here and in this system that its gonna happen for him. And i wish i could say different. At least with garcia you know his decision making will be quick. And win or lose defenses would have to respect that.

After JC's performance tonight he is done here.

TC is in his upper 30's and nearing the end of his career.

So why not use the bye week to give Andre Woodson two weeks to prepare to start? He has been with the team for almost two months so he should know the offense by now. I'm not sure he is the long term answer but I would rather see the team give the young guy with upside a shot than sticking with the starter who can't cut it or the backup at the end of his career. Especially in a lost season.

What!?! You can not be serious! The practice squad guy?

JC was running for his life last night. You can't play QB like that.

What!?! You can not be serious! The practice squad guy?

JC was running for his life last night. You can't play QB like that.

JC has difficulty getting rid of the ball, if JC could make up his mind, he would not have taken such a beating. If I remember correctly Woodson made everyone better on the offense at UK, as soon as he left they were back to being average.

Personally, yes. Why not? Maybe give Collins a game or two after the bye, but eventually playing two guys (Campbell and Collins) who will be on other teams or retired in 2010 is worthless.

I'd sign Chase and let him play the last 6 or 7 games because you have nothing to lose, he's made some plays in preseason, and you could potentially let he and Colt battle it out next year while Locker or Clausen or Bradford learns the offense.

Personally, yes. Why not? Maybe give Collins a game or two after the bye, but eventually playing two guys (Campbell and Collins) who will be on other teams or retired in 2010 is worthless.

I'd sign Chase and let him play the last 6 or 7 games because you have nothing to lose, he's made some plays in preseason, and you could potentially let he and Colt battle it out next year while Locker or Clausen or Bradford learns the offense.

The above bolded section is the reason I started this thread. If the season is lost and Campbell is not going to be here next year and TC is at the end of his career go with a young guy the rest of this season. I vote for Woodson because he is already on the roster, but would have no issue if the team decided that it would rather try Chase.

Archived