Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Andre Woodson be given an opportunity to start?

morpheusmeyers

After JC's performance tonight he is done here.

TC is in his upper 30's and nearing the end of his career.

So why not use the bye week to give Andre Woodson two weeks to prepare to start? He has been with the team for almost two months so he should know the offense by now. I'm not sure he is the long term answer but I would rather see the team give the young guy with upside a shot than sticking with the starter who can't cut it or the backup at the end of his career. Especially in a lost season.

Below is a comparison of Woodson to Matt Ryan prior to last years draft...

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/157876

And below is a scouting report...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1301

JC is not the answer. TC at best is a short term solution. Woodson may not be the long term answer but there is only one way to find out.

This idea has flown through my mind numerous times over the last couple weeks. But everytime I come to the decision that he should start I ask myself this question; "Who is going to protect him?"

I think it would be pretty unfair to play him and judge him behind the OL that we have now, It'd just be unfair.

This idea has flown through my mind numerous times over the last couple weeks. But everytime I come to the decision that he should start I ask myself this question; "Who is going to protect him?"

I think it would be pretty unfair to play him and judge him behind the OL that we have now, It'd just be unfair.

I thought the O line played surprisingly well tonight. Woodson is big at 6'5" but has some decent mobility.

Jason's done. 5 seasons and he still looks like the same ****ty QB whether he has all day or he's getting sacked. He'll be a career backup come next season.

Our best bet is to pay a ton of $$$ to replace Randy Thomas' always-injured ass with Jahri Evans from N.O. and trade a 2011 1st rounder to move up and draft the best QB and LT we can get. Then take the best Center we can get with our 4th and all the while start Todd Collins or Jeff Garcia or Jon Kitna or any other journeyman QB available and let our rookie QB learn under him and start when he's ready, whether it's next season or not.

Otherwise, we're in the same boat as we are now.

Then take the best Center we can get with our 4th and all the while start Todd Collins or Jeff Garcia or Jon Kitna or any other journeyman QB available and let our rookie QB learn under him and start when he's ready, whether it's next season or not.

Who would you start the rest of this season?

Probably Todd Collins to at least see if we should keep him at #2 or possibly #1 next season until our rook is ready, we know Jason will not be here so no need to waste our time with him.

That makes sense. I would start Collins ahead of JC, too.

But I am curious to find out if we have a possible long term answer on our roster already in Woodson.

Zorn loves Jason big time. There is no way this happens JZ man crush on JC can't be measured. Tonight the thought of benching JC never even entered his mind. I know it sucks but that the situation.

Zorn's the one who benched JC last week..

:whoknows:

I thought the O line played surprisingly well tonight.

Were you smoking crack during the game tonight???!!!

This O-line played one of the WORST games I have ever seen in y 40 years of watching Redskins games! They can't run-block for ****, and they couldn't keep the pass rush from getting to Campbell on almost every pass play. And Rabach is about THE worst center I have ever seen in my life.

Are you kidding Woodson, things would just get worst........can't do much without a O line

Campbell is done here. TC might do a little better, but since he's already in his upper 30's he's no long term solution.

I'm not sold on Woodson, but I wouldn't mind seeing what we have in him since the season is lost.

I'd love to see Woodson get a shot, dude was a beast at UK. He's big, great arm, and can scramble.

The problem is that the SEC hasn't produced a decent NFL QB in the last 35 years not named Manning. (the jury is still out on Cutler)

I watch alot of SEC games and I the offenses that the QB's run down there doesn't translate into success, unless of course you're a Manning. That said I think Woodson should get a chance to show what he can do, but this coaching staff avoids letting young guys play like they're the freakin plague.

Archived