Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Andre Woodson be given an opportunity to start?

morpheusmeyers

Seriously' date=' who is Andre Woodson?

Wasn't he a defensive end out of Florida State ten years ago?[/quote']

QB for UK two years ago, he is known for being a play maker in the SEC. If I remember correctly, UK was scoring a ridiculous amount of points and were a force because of what he brought to the offense. He slipped off a little at the end of his senior year and fell back in the draft, but at one point was considered to be a top 10 draft pick.

The above bolded section is the reason I started this thread. If the season is lost and Campbell is not going to be here next year and TC is at the end of his career go with a young guy the rest of this season. I vote for Woodson because he is already on the roster, but would have no issue if the team decided that it would rather try Chase.

Yep, I love your idea...I would just pick Chase since they obviously saw something in him at some point (other than a division rival's playbook).

Like I said earlier, it's just unfortunate that this was the year Colt needed surgery. For all we know, he could have been in a game by now and at least showing the coaches whether he's a viable option or not.

Woodson vs Florida 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rq35VyToF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWNqI8kSZxY&feature=related

I think he has the potential to be the diamond in the rough that might allow us to focus on our O line only.

In that Florida game Woodson made a lot of audibles, and killled the blitz with the screen passes. He's also got a nice touch for a bug dude.

Dude, Woodson sucks.... He was cut by the Giants twice, and their back-up is David Carr.

You never know what he can do if put into the right system, he was a beast in college.

In that Florida game Woodson made a lot of audibles, and killled the blitz with the screen passes. He's also got a nice touch for a bug dude.

Yeah, his short dump off passes were right on the money, and he looks like he has the long ball. To bad we couldn't somehow figure out a way to keep Zorn around (yeah right) to work with our younger QB's while hiring a new GM and HC.

At this point in time, put in the waterboy! Anybody couldn't be much worse than JC at the helm. Yes give Woodson a shot. The season is already shot, give some of the unexperienced some experience. JC should have been cut a long time ago.

This is the most rediculous suggestion I have seen on here yet! When the offensive line was healthy to start the season last year, the team was 6-2, Campbell was winning games with zero interceptions, Portis had 800 yards rushing and both were being called MVP candidates.

Week 9: Injuries t the O-Line piled up and the skins started to lose.

2009 Season. The Weasel, Ceratto, does nothing to address the offensive line, Randy Thomas and Chris get hurt and here we are.

Campbell is nervous as hell in the pocket because he feels like he has 1.7 seconds to get rid of the ball, so he is not seeing the whole field. The line is not opening any lanes so Portis is getting 3 yards a carry at best with the occassional 9 yard gain.

All of the problems on this team have to deal with a very bad offensive line, lack of coaches putting a foot in the players ***es and getting this team to play with heart and attitude, and finally; Really bad management!

Receivers are getting wide open and Campbell cant find them because he is in fear for his life and career. This teams problems are only about 10% Campbell. 50% Offensive line and 40% Ceratto and Snyder's inability to know anything about football.:point2sky

Woodson is accurate on teh deep ball and can throw the short pass, I am not sure how he is anything like Campbell????

Please explain.

One of the knocks on Woodson coming out of college was that he floats his deep passes a little too much. Personally, I think he's got pretty good touch on his deep ball but regardless, in that aspect of his game he is the anti Campbell.

Ummm, Woodsen was drafted before Colt in the 6th round by the Giants.

The other poster had it right. Colt was selected before Woodson, by 12 picks. Here is a link...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2008/tracker#dt-tab-set-1:dt-by-round/round-6

Don't think it matters, though. The FO thought enough of Woodson to sign him. They saw something in him.

The other poster had it right. Colt was selected before Woodson, by 12 picks. Here is a link...

Don't think it matters, though. The FO thought enough of Woodson to sign him. They saw something in him.

My apologie to the other poster.

I was thinking Colt went in the 7th for some reason, my bad.:D

Some insider info on the giants. Fat lot of good it did though. Then again, I doubt Woodson knew much with just how bad he was.

My apologie to the other poster.

I was thinking Colt went in the 7th for some reason, my bad.:D

I really don't think it matters if Woodson was selected before or after Brennan by a few picks in the 6th round. The team saw enough in Woodson to sign him. If they signed him just to steal the Giants playbook they would have cut him shortly after the season opener and brought Chase back. But since he is still here the team must see something in him.

I really don't think it matters if Woodson was selected before or after Brennan by a few picks in the 6th round. The team saw enough in Woodson to sign him. If they signed him just to steal the Giants playbook they would have cut him shortly after the season opener and brought Chase back. But since he is still here the team must see something in him.

Call me crazy, but for some reason I am starting to think he might be the QB of the future. Seriously, maybe I should start a "woodsons house of worship" thread.

Archived