Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the next GM is Scott Campbell or Morroco Brown...

The Full Monty

DeCosta seems to be the name on the lips of the fans here but not sure if he would even be considered knowing Dannyboy's record with GM's.

Well the only guy we've really considered is Vinny, unless you want to count Marty and Gibbs. So I guess Danny's track record is to hire coaches with full power. I just want to see a front office that invests in the draft more and in free agency less.

I just want to see a front office that invests in the draft more and in free agency less.

I want a GM that has the strength of will and commitment to put Dannyboy in a high chair and have him sit put. Someone with actual football knowledge needs to wright this ship.

I hope that Snyder announces Vinny has been fired...I so want to believe Vinny is on his way out...but there is a part of me that just won't believe it.

And here's the scary part. If he does fire Vinny we will be right back to where we were after he fired Marty in 2001.

Dan Snyder in position to hire whoever is going to run the team for the next decade or so.

Considering his ulterior motives, will his choices have any chance of being trusted unless he gets another no nonsense type like Marty?

What if he talks Gibbs into "Consulting" and together they decide that another lap dog type is the right guy?

I want a GM that has the strength of will and commitment to put Dannyboy in a high chair and have him sit put. Someone with actual football knowledge needs to wright this ship.

Yeah, thats a VERY important factor as well. Its too bad we don't know exactly how some of these guys would do in a meeting with Danny, and Danny probably wouldn't want to hire somebody who'd curse him out (why do you think he didn't sign Gregg?). That has me somewhat favoring an experienced GM over a novice like DeCosta, but what experienced GMs are out there that actually have a good record? Casserly? Allen? I'm not sure I'm too excited about either of them.

Well the only guy we've really considered is Vinny, unless you want to count Marty and Gibbs. So I guess Danny's track record is to hire coaches with full power. I just want to see a front office that invests in the draft more and in free agency less.

Same here it would be awesome if we could do that and be siuccesfull

... but what experienced GMs are out there that actually have a good record? Casserly? Allen? I'm not sure I'm too excited about either of them.

There aren't really any experienced GM's out there that could come in and make a difference.

Casserley has stated he isn't interested and Allen gave into Gruden's QB insanity too much for my liking.

IF, and that's IF in CAPS, Vincenzo is canned and Dannyboy actually decides to bring in a legit GM, this will probably be his first time at the wheel.

Unfortunately we are stuck!

Personally I think Vinny will stay. Even if the bozo is fired who would want to

work for little Lord Farquaad. I can just see him in the booth with the

John Lithgow voice now screaming at everyone around him! :laugh:

I don't feel that Snyder would fully respect the in-house guys like Campbell or Brown enough to give them full control of the team. Even if their scouting talent is superior and more responsible than Cerrato, Snyder still needs to get his meddling out of the team. A true football mind needs to be in complete control of what moves this team makes. Snyder can support the team by signing the checks and giving the proper resources to get those moves made.

He has proven the ability to give up a lot of money for guys considered top talent by the front office. However, his own personal bias has the mentality of only win-now or bust (alike to the typical fan mentality). This team is not a single piece away from a championship. We have to rebuild the team to get rid of the overpriced vets from bloated contracts and get some young talent that can properly contribute. The offense needs to be reconstructed. Taking a long-term approach will help re-establish the franchise away from the laughingstock it's become.

being edgy and the skins needing it to be done right this time soo bad, they need to get as close to a sure thing as possible.Polian would be a dream but i just don't see him leavin the Colts but who knows.maybe if Snyder whips out the ol wallet and offers him insane money and gives him the title team pres/gm then he might take it on condition that Dan sits back and hands off.probably a pipe dream but it would be soo sweet if it did.this man has done it 3 times with 3 different teams,i don't know of any other Gm that is doing it now has done that.Tuna would be good but i don't think that he and Snyder could work together.Danny and his heavy hand and Tuna's my way or the high way stuff,but if it could work i think it would be nice.Holmgrin is another good guy and coach but i really have had enough of the skins trying to be San Fran East.Maybe someone from the Eagles but that would be a culture shock for the in coming Gm and Snyder.Snyder likes to spend and the Eagles are cheap.could have had Pioli but he's in KC now,Smith in San diego has built a great team and has a good eye for talent but i don't like his choice in coaches.he will never win with you know who(we just got to find a way to win).the ginats(on purpose) would also be a team to look at in possibly getting a Gm,they draft awesomely but i admit that i am not clear on who would come here.i know the main guy wouldn't.unless maybe the same way as Polian with the obsene money and Pres title.other than that i doubt it. i'm not up on any other teams Gm that is soo attractive.but this more than anything Snyder has done will mark his ownership,he hits it right and within a couple of years this team is competitive and people begin to forget the painful years.and then with a good Gm we begin to fight after the cup legit every year with no end in sight unless the cap becomes issue and only for a year or two.

a couple of questions for you guys that dont want campbell to be our gm.

for those of you who think that campbell is going to be another product of our crappy current front office and he is one of the reasons that we are in this boat, what actual power do you guys think that he has?

second, say we go out and get an established gm. what would you guys think of making campbell an assistant gm so that he could learn how to really run a franchise?

I'll try to rationally speculate with Squatch's question as to what power Campbell has: In the Morocco Brown hiring article I linked to in the OP, it mentions that Campbell will continue "traveling to college games and overseeing the college scouts".

I believe Danny and Vinny, starting with 2008, monopolized the high round draft picks while letting Campbell have input into the later rounds, a tradition that probably continued from when Gibbs was in the draft process.

I'd give Campbell, not Vinny, credit for the Marko Mitchell pick, which still may yield dividends for us, the way that Golston, Doughty, Blades, and Horton have. Even Montgomery was a 5th round starter before he was in the doghouse.

I've been reading more about Morocco Brown and the guy was very well respected by Bobby DePaul and the Chicago Bears organization; they didn't want him to leave but DePaul ain't going anywhere...let's hope Vinny is.

We may not get what we want, like De Costa or Reese or even Polian's kid.

But if Snyder gives the keys of the franchise to Campbell as GM and Brown as Assistant GM, I would be a bit disappointed but still think they are very competent personnel men.

I think at this point we should go with an outsider. I like both of these guys but it would feel to much like what the lions did and promoted guys who were making those descions right along with the GM.

What I would like to see is Snyder spend more money on a bigger scouting dept. There is no limit on how many scouts you can have. And when you canvas a bigger area your more likley to find those hidden gems.

I like Morroco Brown but he needs more time, bring in a older outside GM.....let Morroco be the second man and then slowly build up to the moment he can take over from the old-guy.

The older outside GM needs to be someone who understands that the lines make you win games and that big time FA's don't always have to be better then a young inexperienced player. Names like Charley Casserly and Mike Holmgren.

But I think Eric DeCosta is also interestig, he worked under Ozzie Newsome Jr., who perfectly fits in the story I wrote above (the older outside GM), and he is pretty young (around 40?) so he isn't done in like 10 years.

I like Scott Campbell's work, I would be completely satisfied with him as a GM. I'd love to have him control our personnel. I'd match him up with a guy like Gruden or Shanahan.

This is a totally serious, non-sarcastic question (and if it seems stupid, sorry I don't know the answer already):

Since Campbell has been around during the Cerrato era, how is his work different from Vinny's?

My personal feeling is that there needs to be a complete overhaul, including the player development/scouting branch, but if Campbell does have a track record that differs from Cerrato's, and if he is a rising star, that seems fine too.

you guys simply don't know redskins football if you think a new GM would solve any problem.

SNYDER IS THE PROBLEM. HE IS INVOLVED IN EVERYTHING. Gibbs said it. He talked to Dan everyday. EVERYDAY. His office was side by side.

Snyder is the one at these lunches with the Sanchez and Haynesworth agents.

Vinny is just the fall guy.

Unfortunately we are stuck!

Personally I think Vinny will stay. Even if the bozo is fired who would want to

work for little Lord Farquaad. I can just see him in the booth with the

John Lithgow voice now screaming at everyone around him! :laugh:

The Lord Farquaad is a good one. I don't think I've seen it before.

Archived