Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder owes an apology to Jason Campbell

BnG4EVER

Jason Campbell!! I Know we are all frustrated with the entire orginization right now but I know I'm not the only one who was pumped with the drafting of jc. Coming off an undefeated season he looke like we had found a great qb after theshell shock that was Patrick Ramsey. When jc sat for two year behind Brunell we expected him to come out as a third year qb ready to take the reins when in reality all we ended up with was a third year rook and now we have turned him into a fifth year sophmore. When snyder decided to sit Campbell he did nothing but ruin his career. I have the utmost respect for jc as a man and it pains me that he never had a solid foundation to prove what he can do. He doesn't belong in the wco but that's not his fault. I hope he goes somewhere and is extreamly succesfull. Dan and vinny owe this young man an apology for ruining a bright career.

Hail

Jason Campbell!! I Know we are all frustrated with the entire orginization right now but I know I'm not the only one who was pumped with the drafting of jc. Coming off an undefeated season he looke like we had found a great qb after theshell shock that was Patrick Ramsey. When jc sat for two year behind Brunell we expected him to come out as a third year qb ready to take the reins when in reality all we ended up with was a third year rook and now we have turned him into a fifth year sophmore. When snyder decided to sit Campbell he did nothing but ruin his career. I have the utmost respect for jc as a man and it pains me that he never had a solid foundation to prove what he can do. He doesn't belong in the wco but that's not his fault. I hope he goes somewhere and is extreamly succesfull. Dan and vinny owe this young man an apology for ruining a bright career.

Hail

Campbell played horribly in Al Saunders system, a system tailor made for strong armed QBs. Flacco running that system right now in Baltimore. Campbell isn't accurate at all on his deep passes. If he's not a fit for the shorter WCO, and can't hit deep passes, exactly what offense would suit him? The wildcat?

Snyder owes an apology to everyone who has ever been associated with the Redskins EVER. He has not been a good steward of this team and he has taken us to depths not seen here in decades.

As your first post, a couple of things I should tell you about. Your thread title isn't good. Having a "..." at the beginning isn't looked to highly upon. You need to be more descriptive. Proper formatting in your OP would be better as well. You want to look like you know about writing when you start a thread. Capitalization, punctuation, etc. helps.

Snyder owes an apology to everyone who has ever been associated with the Redskins EVER. He has not been a good steward of this team and he has taken us to depths not seen here in decades.

As your first post, a couple of things I should tell you about. Your thread title isn't good. Having a "..." at the beginning isn't looked to highly upon. You need to be more descriptive. Proper formatting in your OP would be better as well. You want to look like you know about writing when you start a thread. Capitalization, punctuation, etc. helps.

+1 from top to bottom, start to finish!

Welcome to ES, we wake up angry!

He may not belong in the WCO, but every NFL quarterback should be able to read defenses and throw the ball before the receiver comes out of his break. Campbell can't do either of those things, so I find it hard to believe that he'll function well in any system much less the WCO.

The apology should absolutely be given to the fans. Snyder doesn't owe Campbell any apologies. JC has had his chance to progress. He has yet to do so in Washington.

This should be interesting. Let's see the comparison of the levels of hate there are for Campbell and Snyder. Wonder who wins? Right now, I'd go with Snyder... I don't think that would've been the case just a week ago, lol.

Sorry... On my iPhone at work with my boss over my shoulder. Just trying to knock out a quick thought.

Posting on the iPhone isn't a good idea. I've tried it, became increasingly frustrated. Quick thoughts for "threads" isn't a good idea either, easy way into a "NNT" (No New Threads). Just trying to help. :)

I do like your thread idea a little though and think it will probably stem off some good conversation.

Snyder owes an apology to the fanbase for wasting such valuable picks on that spare player Campbell and then proceeding to wasting 4 seasons with that guy.

Snyder owes us an apology for that, a bunch of other things.

Campbell? Snyder made him rich and gave more starting experience then we would have gotten ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE. So Campbell should THANK Snyder.

He may not belong in the WCO, but every NFL quarterback should be able to read defenses and throw the ball before the receiver comes out of his break. Campbell can't do either of those things, so I find it hard to believe that he'll function well in any system much less the WCO.

The apology should absolutely be given to the fans. Snyder doesn't owe Campbell any apologies. JC has had his chance to progress. He has yet to do so in Washington.

Seems like, for just about the past 20 years and counting, only QB's who play for the Washington Redskins have that issue... we have a common denominator here...

As far as Campbell's "undefeated season" at Auburn goes, and I'm sure this has been beaten to death...

Campbell played with two of the top RB's in college football that season, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams. Say you had Adrian Peterson and Michael Turner running for the Redskins. Of course we would be successful with even an average O line. I don't think that Campbell's "undefeated season" should count for much in NFL terms. He had one of the greatest RB tandems running behind him in recent college history.

As far as Campbell and how it relates to the current state of the team. If Zorn were a good coach, he'd be able to "use" Campbell to highlight his strengths. Surely he has some. He shouldn't be trying to fix Campbell and get him to fit the mold. A good coach would identify the strengths and weaknesses of his players and use them to his benefit. Partially Snyder's fault (cause he hired Zorn), but mostly Zorn's.

Campbell was a good fit for Gibbs offense, who he was originally drafted to play for. Some will argue that point, some wont. We will never truly find out because Campbell wasn't able to come into "NFL maturity" under Gibbs system (or any Coryell offense for that matter).

I am sick of Snyder and his mistakes.

Counted among those mistakes are Cerrato, Zorn and Campbell.

Cerrato can't properly evaluate NFL talent as shown by his 2008 draft class.

Zorn despite being an offensive coach can't coax a single touchdown against a team in the Chiefs that had the worst defense in the AFC.

Campbell has now failed to show signs of life in his second major offensive system.

Under Gibbs and then Saunders Campbell was supposed to use his arm to hit the intermediate and deep routes based on his situational reads. He couldn't do that.

Now he is in the WCO despite having questionable footwork, a slow release and also questionable decisionmaking.

These guys ALL need to go.

Next best option would be Snyder selecting a real talent evaluator who could then clear out the dead wood.

each and everyone of us that has spent one cent on this team over the last 10 years. My kids, my late gandma and dad, my wife, my friends, the guy down the street with the redskins sticker on his truck, the cowboys for taking the spotlight of them, jojo at the corner store, jim bob the tow truck driver ect. ect. ect... I could do this for hours.

:chair:

JCam, I'm sorry for making you a guaranteed starter for over 40 (or whatever it is) games, when any competent owner would have promoted Gregg Williams and you would have been benched for Collins.

Campbell has made millions being bad at his job, and has been given three years to improve, to no real results. Who else can do that?

Archived