Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, I'll be the one...I LOVE SNYDER!!!

FunBunch7

No, NO ONE is saying that. We all know Snyder grew up a Skins fan and wants to see this team win very badly. No one thinks he's "intentionally trying to sabotage our team."

But there are two issues: first, he cares about money more than the fans. Second, and more importantly, he tries to run this team like his own personal fantasy football team (as many have said). The old saying is don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity, and that saying definitely holds true in analyzing Snyder's ownership. He's not some closet Dallas fan trying to run the franchise into the ground (it wouldn't even make sense for someone trying to make money), he's just stupid.

Here's to hoping Snyder hires a real GM and hands over the reins!

I do appreciate your optimism though.

I used to think that Snyder cared about the Skins more than anything.

After 10 years I realized, Snyder cares more about TRYING TO WIN BY HIMSELF, than he does about any coach or players or fans or this franchise.

Revisionist history a plenty. There were plenty of dissenting voices for each and every one of those moves you mention. Just because you chose to ignore them doesn't mean they mean they weren't there.

What's happening right now is a culmination of things that have plagued this organization for Snyders entire tenure. People have simply grown tired of it and chosen to voice their displeasure.

My answer is ....

Sell the team or fire Vinny and then what?...

we have a losing season and then its.." You hired the wrong guy"....lol

I gave up on the " i hate snyder and Vinny" folks after he somehow pulled Gibbs the god out of retirement and gave him the keys to the ship...and it flopped and everybody blamed it all on Snyder and Vinny....

Snyder can sell the team...Vinny can leave and in 5 years if things havent changed itll be "Danny left a curse on the franchise"...

as if we were winners when he bought it....let go of the pass folks

I'm confused. Where do you stand? :whoknows:

And what "pass" should we be letting go of? The CURRENT "pass" or the "pass" that has gotten us to our CURRENT state of being? Please elaborate.

The problem with Dan Snyder is simple. He would rather be hands on with his toy and **** it up than step back and let someone qualified play with it. He would rather lose his way than win the proven way.

He's like a shrimpy little kid who got a football for christmas, and all the neighborhood kids want to play. One of those kids has a good arm and he could throw the ball around and make it fun for everyone. But the little shrimp insists on being the quarterback, even though he can only throw it three yards. So no one has any fun, except for making fun of the shrimp. Even that gets old eventually, so all the other kids find something else to do or just go home because they are bored.

The players are all good and can be winners, but they need the right system and a little chemistry.

Fully agree, reandle-el is not being utilized as he should...this guy is a sure reciever great for the slot, quick slant routes, and is a thrower....with him we diffenetly need some wild-cat! mitchell needs activated..kelly or malcom dactivated...and the o-line needs some attention!!!! its not a cure to our problems but its a d%@! good start!

I'm confused. Where do you stand? :whoknows:

And what "pass" should we be letting go of? The CURRENT "pass" or the "pass" that has gotten us to our CURRENT state of being? Please elaborate.

I think he means to say puff, puff pass.

Life as a Redskins fan is easier with some righteous herb.

I like how Snyder will write a check and wants to win, as many have already said, he is depending on a clown (Vinny) to make sound decisions.

My biggest problem with Snyder is passing orders through Vinny to tell coaches who to play, who is going to call the plays and who the coaches assistant is going to be.

You would think coaches would be lining up to come coach our once proud franchise, they actually avoid it, they turn down ridiculous offers, wouldn't touch a coaching position with a ten foot pole.

We will see if he really wants this team to succeed and be supported by the fans the way it always has, all he needs to do is fire Vinny and hire a GM.

I don't hate Snyder like most of the people on this forum. I think he's stupid for keeping Vinny around and pretty much the entire FO.

If he were to rebuild it all I'm sure he'd be a lot more liked around here, most people hate Vinny and considering Snyder doesn't get rid of him they dislike him in return.

Dude are you serious?

This is not how you build a team. For all of those things you listed, most of which turned out poorly (and many of which were disfavored at the time they were made, and were not in fact universally praised by all Skins fans), there are multiple others that show incompetence....culminating in the hiring of Zorn.

The worst part is that the ego is so big and he is so delusional that it's hard to say whether or not things will ever really change.

Peter King said it best on Pardon the Interruption just a bit ago. He said that there's no question Snyder wants to win. But he said that Snyder has to learn that the 46th player on your roster is as important as the 6th. I might have screwed that up. But what he was basically saying is all Snyder has ever cared about was the big signing, and that he pays no attention to the rest of the roster. Even a doofus like Peter King can understand that. Why can't Cerratto?

We've grown wise to Snyder's ways after all the things you mentioned other than Gibbs ended up making us go backward instead of forward.

Can you honestly name a free agent or draft pick other than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady that will make you excited to watch next season? The only thing that would get me excited is hiring a competent GM.

You are right that Snyder spends the cash...the problem is he's the one who chooses to spend the cash/draft picks and it ends up being spent unwisely to the detriment of the team.

Either one of two things here.

1- You're serious

2- You don't really like Danny but decided to make this thread for attention because you want to be an attention whore. Usually when you start out with "oh, well, I know I'm going to get flamed for this..." then you are desperately seeking attention.

So which is it?

Are you Vinny Cerrato or Richard Heene?

Either way it's not good for you..

OP here...It's #1...I'm serious.

Also, I don't really care too much about getting attention...I don't start many threads and I do appreciate a good hearted joke...like how I suggested in an earlier thread that we punt on 3rd down just to confuse the Eagles (joke)...

...and I'll admit...the moves we have made have not worked out in our favor in a great many instances...but I do not blame Dan Snyder for "trying"...and like the rest of you, I do not know the nature of his relationship with Cerrato...but I truly believe we will get this thing turned around rather soon...and it will be due to what Dan Snder does...ie, hiring a GM who will then in turn hire a coach, or simply writing a check for more talent...

It occurs to me that most of the same pieces were in place in 2005 and 2007...either one of these years we could have landed in the Super Bowl...we were NOT that far away...

I'm glad Snyder is willing to spend money. Can you imagine what a guy like Ron Wolf could do with Snyder's money? Can you imagine what a guy like Shanahan/Holmgren/whatever great coach you want, could do with the players a guy like Ron Wolf could bring in with Snyder's money?

Mmmmm, sounds great to me.

And I agree, the only thing I hold out hope for is that, we'll get the right people in the right spots. I met a Browns fan the other day that said, "I'm going to live to be 120." He's 80 right now and when we asked him why, he said, "cause I'm going to be alive to see the Browns win the Super Bowl."

At least I don't feel THAT bad about it. It's kind of funny because EVERY season it seems to be one or two things that keep us out of the playoffs. (This season it would be the offense as a whole) I remember thinking THAT ever year Norv was here. The year we lost to the Bucs in the playoffs the only thing we were missing was a decent long snapper, cause anybody could have beat the Rams and Titans in the SB that year, with the way they played in the first half.

Anyway, I digress..... I'm glad we have an owner who spends money, hopefully he will figure out who and where to put it. That's a lot better than being a Bills fan, even when they really were a couple players away from a SB win, they wouldn't put the cash out to do it. Sad sad sad......

When Spurrier came on and we scored 35 points per game in the pre season...WHERE were all the haters then?

When we brought back Joe Gibbs and we traded Champ for Portis and brought in Brunell...why weren't people chanting "Sell the team!" then? (Before the season)

When we drafted Campbell after his undefeated season at Auburn, why weren't there bags on people's heads then?

When we started 6-2 last season and made some gutsy 4th down conversions to seal some games, WHY weren't people making logos in which our Redskin emblem was covering his face THEN?

Are you really trying to make that arguement? In football its not how you start its how you finish. In your examples people were optimistic at the time so no one was "hating", it looked as if our team had hope. But then in each and every single one of your examples, that turned out to be a false hope. The team would go on to do nothing. Since Snyder has owned the team, we haven't accomplished anything of importance.

You are trying to vaildate liking Snyder for being the Offseason Champ and getting our hopes up BEFORE the actual season. I don't know about you, but I want to see our team succeed at the end of the season and in the playoffs.

It occurs to me that most of the same pieces were in place in 2005 and 2007...either one of these years we could have landed in the Super Bowl...we were NOT that far away...

No offense, but I finally get to light in on someone talking about how similar we are to 2005 and 2007.

No. No we're not. This is not the same Oline as then, at all.

We did get younger, that's true, but we simply got younger. It's fairly debatable if we got a lot better. We certainly lost a lot of our identity. Back then, our OLine was clearly good at run-blocking. Even last year, our OLine excelled at run-blocking for much of the year. This year? It varies, but typically we are only good at pass-blocking if anything.

In 2008 we spent three - THREE - second round draft picks on pass catching players. Three. None of them are contributing in year two. That may be ok if we didn't need contributors, but we did, and we do. That may be ok if we didn't have any other glaring needs, but we did, and we do. The fact that we had those needs two years ago and they remain unfixed - that falls on Snyder and the FO.

The last 10 years of inept management falls on Snyder and the FO. As TK (or someone, I think it was TK) said, take everything you listed and put it together to realize why we are where we are today... and as hieverybody (hi dr. nick) said, the organization really hasn't learned enough over the years for one reason or another. They just now woke up to the reality that you need to keep draft picks, but they appear to be unable to use them well. How much longer until they realize that their drafting strategy needs work? How much longer to fix it? Never?

It would be better to be an efficiently run winner than a spendthrift loser like we are. So no, there's really no logical reason at this point, 10 years in and with no obvious or even potential end in sight beyond rumor (assuming he'd hire a GM and give complete control), to "love Snyder."

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Funbunch, however, the last few years I have no longer got excited with what Snyder and Vinnie have done. After about 6 years of FA busts I learned my lesson, I now just wish Snyder would too. Bringing in FA's can work, just look at the Patriots, but not with the front office the redskins have.

The good news is there is nothing wrong with Snyder that can't be fixed. First and foremost he's a lifelong fan and he really wants to win. He's not just some random billionaire that wants to be part of the owners club. Secondly, he obviously doesn't mind spending money. So I am still perfectly happy to have Snyder as an owner. However he must turn over the reigns to a real GM next season. He has failed miserably for 10 years now. He should write the checks and listen to the GM and coach and thats it. Hell, maybe he can even start hanging out with some fans and drink a few beers with his new found spare time, he may actually enjoy it.

If he really needs something to do, he can start planning out a better stadium to replace FedEx one day. There's something he can learn from Jerry Jones, don't sell out the naming rights. Seeing FedEx colors on a Redskins field makes me want to puke. Bring back RFK damn it.

If Snyder wants to win so bad, he will do what OTHER SUCCESSFUL franchises have done and thats hire a strong front office to run the entire team.

Fans are going to get excited about big name signings. They are always going to look towards positive things. But HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT FOR HIM TO CONTINUE DOING WHAT HE IS DOING?

Sure, fans selling out games, buying merchandise etc. encourage Snyder's behavior. But fans can't start to be held accountable for his actions.

If Snyder TRULY wanted to win, he would learn from his mistakes, fire Vinny, hire a competent President & GM, and relinquish COMPLETE control, and fire Vi

Archived