Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, I'll be the one...I LOVE SNYDER!!!

FunBunch7

I know I'll take a bashing so bring it. I'm also going to admit that all I am is a fan...if I REALLY knew 2 cents about putting a team together, then somebody would be paying me to do it.

So let's get a few things out in the open...

When we brought in Deion Sanders and Darrell Green was active in recruiting him where were all the Redskin Picketers then (BEFORE the 2000 season started)

When we signed Bruce Smith, why didn't we chant something like "Bruce Smith IS TOO OLD" or "Waste Of Money" or "BUST" BEFORE we were on the cover of USA Today the friday before week one in 2000

When Spurrier came on and we scored 35 points per game in the pre season...WHERE were all the haters then?

When we brought back Joe Gibbs and we traded Champ for Portis and brought in Brunell...why weren't people chanting "Sell the team!" then? (Before the season)

When we drafted Campbell after his undefeated season at Auburn, why weren't there bags on people's heads then?

When we started 6-2 last season and made some gutsy 4th down conversions to seal some games, WHY weren't people making logos in which our Redskin emblem was covering his face THEN?

Everything I mentioned and alot I didn't mention point to ONE THING! We have an owner that WANTS to WIN more than anything!!!!

People are making out Dan Snyder to be this "Big Bad Wolf"...as if he is intentionally trying to sabotage our team. People, he has the wrong guy in Cerrato, granted...but EVERY ONE of these moves that has been made I have been all happy, excited, ecstatic about...and so have most of you!

So things haven't worked out like we hoped...well boys and girls, that's football!

Personally, I am GLAD we have an owner like Dan Snyder...the guy writes checks! Imagine if we had Bill Bidwell...or the Brown family like they have in Cincy. Dan Snyder writes checks...and here's the kicker...he's a fan JUST LIKE EVERY ONE OF US! There is not a single person on this board who gets PAID to make personel decisions and there's a reason for that!

So go ahead and bash me for not knowing a thing about football because you know what...YOU'RE RIGHT! I am just a fan who roots for the team through thick and thin the last 27 years and is glad that we have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win.

He'll bring in a Super Bowl Winning Caoch in 2 months...maybe a GM...we'll sign some players...plug spome holes...yada yada yada and we will ALL be pumped up for the new season...yada yada yada...and if things go sour next year...suddenly all the "experts" on this board, who by the way were jumping for joy when all these moves were made, will be calling for Snyder to sell the team or whatever.

So let the bashing begin...

HTTR

most fans do believe Snyder wants the team to be successful. He's a life long skins fan and I believe his father had season tickets for many years.

The problem is his apparent lack of football knowledgle and leadership. He has the money to bring in a guy but doesn't know who to bring in. That's like having a 2009 Bentley coupe but you're only 10 years old, have no license and can't see over the steering wheel. Useless!!

The guy needs help and its been 10 years of the same thing, over and over again. Most fans will submit that they know nothing about player personnel but they do know a "dumb" transaction when they see it. And we've made plenty of 'em. Same choices over and over again but expecting a different result. Everyone realizes this but him!

Take everything you just listed, add it all together & you'll know why things are where they are at now. :doh:

Not to mention there were many people against every single one of those moves at the time. Just step into the archives.

I know I'll take a bashing so bring it. I'm also going to admit that all I am is a fan...if I REALLY knew 2 cents about putting a team together, then somebody would be paying me to do it.

So let the bashing begin...

HTTR

You are allowed to like anyone you want. I hate Snyder but I admire your individuality! If people bash you... so be it.

To hell with 'the herd!'

So he brings in big names out of their primes thinking we are 1 guy away from winning it all. But each time he brings in the "name" we (redskins) fall on their face.

Instead of bringing in a GM who knows something, builds on the draft and key trades. Draft picks and trades that would signify a plan for the future, i.e; Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Colts...

NO I am no expert on football but I see 30ish other teams making the right moves to signify in a few years they will have potential. The redskins on the other hand bring in a big name mis-use said big name i.e : portis, moss, orakpo - and continue to fail.

To add to that other organizations that do not have the money pool as Snyder does , and have a philosophy of not spending too much continue to be successful...

Yeah keep cheering for Snyder, good luck with that.

I agree with the OP, to some extent. I agree that I would rather have Snyder than some of the cheap ass owners who won't spend to improve their teams.

What maddens and infuriates me is that Snyder doesn't seem to get it. He is stunned people think he is meddling. Why can he not cut the cord with Vinny and bring in an honest to God football mind?

In some regards, I am happy Snyder is the owner of the Skins. I just wish he would recognize he doesn't know as much about football as he thinks he does.

I don't think Snyder is intentionally ruinning the franchise.

But his mismanagement of it in favor of quick fixes and big names over long term strategies and depth has gotten us to where we lie today.

As we are currently contructed, we have no chance of rising above today's level, and as we are currently run we have no chance of correcting these problems.

And that all lies with the Owner.

Whether it was directly his choice to hire/draft/sign so and so or not, he had a hand in placing every person in a position to make those poor choices. And now there is no one left to blame but the man in charge.

You can have the fastest car in the world, but its not going to win a race if the driver is blind-folded. It's high time to hand the keys over to someone else. We've tried your way for a decade...move along sir.

Everything I mentioned and alot I didn't mention point to ONE THING! We have an owner that WANTS to WIN more than anything!!!!

Yes, you are right in that Snyder does try to BUY his way into the hearts of Redskins Nation. But therein lies the problem. He thinks by spending hundreds of millions of dollars for one player that HE likes or thinks will be a good fit here that that will solve the problems. What he FAILS to realize is that he knows NOTHING about football. He believes himself to be in a huge human toy factory & any time the new, shiny, expensive toy hits the market, he wants to be the first in line, the biggest bidder...the ONLY bidder. Instead of addressing real needs on this team, he simply gets what HE wants in terms of personnel & then HOPES that it will work out. It has not. EVER.

I used to feel the same way about Snyder, but this off-season into this regular season has severely changed my mind. All I see now is what I've described. A kid in a toy store & money is no object. If he REALLY wants to win, then his first step should be firing Cerato, hiring a REAL GM, & getting out of the ****ing way & just sign the checks.

I agree with the post.....snyder is not afraid to get who he wants..even if it means paying them! I was stoked when they brought haynsworth , hall, randle-el, and a few others in... However, he does need to see that w/ vinny things are not getting done. There are still areas that need addressed....o-line for instance. and yes I will say it Running back..portis does not give an effort, he has always expected to just be the best back in the league and does nothing to work for it (this is why he left denver if you recall, they didnt want to pay him after 1 I repeat 1 great season) I do also believe some of portis's attitude is rollover of last year after zorn benched him. He doesnt respect zorn anymore and refuses to play hard for zorn....same as cambell (he is a good QB). All the talk about letting him go, trading up to get sanchez ect ect has taken a toll on this guy. He has played in 3 different system just in the pros and what about all the offensive changes in college? Give him a chance behind a good line...there is a reason why our beloved Gibbs brought him in!!!! so this goes back to what we said all along, maybe zorn should go, but if you fire zorn you MUST fire vinny right along with him!

My answer is ....

Sell the team or fire Vinny and then what?...

we have a losing season and then its.." You hired the wrong guy"....lol

I gave up on the " i hate snyder and Vinny" folks after he somehow pulled Gibbs the god out of retirement and gave him the keys to the ship...and it flopped and everybody blamed it all on Snyder and Vinny....

Snyder can sell the team...Vinny can leave and in 5 years if things havent changed itll be "Danny left a curse on the franchise"...

as if we were winners when he bought it....let go of the pass folks

I am closer to the Op's thoughts then the majority of this board as well. I dont hate Snyder either, I think he has every intention of winning and we will, we absolutely will. This is a mess that needs to be fixed and I am certain he will. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Until it is though I refuse to by anything Washington Redskins related.... and I've been on oprah for spending too much on Redskins stuff!!! :)

Either one of two things here.

1- You're serious

2- You don't really like Danny but decided to make this thread for attention because you want to be an attention whore. Usually when you start out with "oh, well, I know I'm going to get flamed for this..." then you are desperately seeking attention.

So which is it?

Are you Vinny Cerrato or Richard Heene?

Either way it's not good for you..

Snyder is only the problem cause he thinks Vinny is the man. He will pay the bucks to win. If Snyder would look back at when he had a coach named Turner he would see a similar situation. Snyder told Turner to fire his friend Nolan, his defensive coordinator or else. Turner got or else. Snyder needs to fire Vinny, but needs to replace him with a real GM. And then needs to let the GM hire a coach.

The players are all good and can be winners, but they need the right system and a little chemistry.

We have an owner that WANTS to WIN more than anything!!!! People are making out Dan Snyder to be this "Big Bad Wolf"...as if he is intentionally trying to sabotage our team.

No, NO ONE is saying that. We all know Snyder grew up a Skins fan and wants to see this team win very badly. No one thinks he's "intentionally trying to sabotage our team."

But there are two issues: first, he cares about money more than the fans. Second, and more importantly, he tries to run this team like his own personal fantasy football team (as many have said). The old saying is don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity, and that saying definitely holds true in analyzing Snyder's ownership. He's not some closet Dallas fan trying to run the franchise into the ground (it wouldn't even make sense for someone trying to make money), he's just stupid.

Here's to hoping Snyder hires a real GM and hands over the reins!

I do appreciate your optimism though.

Archived