Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay, I'll be the one...I LOVE SNYDER!!!

FunBunch7

He'll bring in a Super Bowl Winning Caoch in 2 months...maybe a GM...we'll sign some players...plug spome holes...yada yada yada and we will ALL be pumped up for the new season...yada yada yada

I won't be pumped up for next season.

Like I said in my thread a few weeks ago. I need to see some results now before I have any sort of optimism. That is the mentality I will have towards the Redskins now. Results don't necessarily mean winning, but they certainly do mean having the semblance of a team.

I know I'll take a bashing so bring it. I'm also going to admit that all I am is a fan...if I REALLY knew 2 cents about putting a team together, then somebody would be paying me to do it.

So let's get a few things out in the open...

When we brought in Deion Sanders and Darrell Green was active in recruiting him where were all the Redskin Picketers then (BEFORE the 2000 season started)

When we signed Bruce Smith, why didn't we chant something like "Bruce Smith IS TOO OLD" or "Waste Of Money" or "BUST" BEFORE we were on the cover of USA Today the friday before week one in 2000

When Spurrier came on and we scored 35 points per game in the pre season...WHERE were all the haters then?

When we brought back Joe Gibbs and we traded Champ for Portis and brought in Brunell...why weren't people chanting "Sell the team!" then? (Before the season)

When we drafted Campbell after his undefeated season at Auburn, why weren't there bags on people's heads then?

When we started 6-2 last season and made some gutsy 4th down conversions to seal some games, WHY weren't people making logos in which our Redskin emblem was covering his face THEN?

Everything I mentioned and alot I didn't mention point to ONE THING! We have an owner that WANTS to WIN more than anything!!!!

People are making out Dan Snyder to be this "Big Bad Wolf"...as if he is intentionally trying to sabotage our team. People, he has the wrong guy in Cerrato, granted...but EVERY ONE of these moves that has been made I have been all happy, excited, ecstatic about...and so have most of you!

So things haven't worked out like we hoped...well boys and girls, that's football!

Personally, I am GLAD we have an owner like Dan Snyder...the guy writes checks! Imagine if we had Bill Bidwell...or the Brown family like they have in Cincy. Dan Snyder writes checks...and here's the kicker...he's a fan JUST LIKE EVERY ONE OF US! There is not a single person on this board who gets PAID to make personel decisions and there's a reason for that!

So go ahead and bash me for not knowing a thing about football because you know what...YOU'RE RIGHT! I am just a fan who roots for the team through thick and thin the last 27 years and is glad that we have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win.

He'll bring in a Super Bowl Winning Caoch in 2 months...maybe a GM...we'll sign some players...plug spome holes...yada yada yada and we will ALL be pumped up for the new season...yada yada yada...and if things go sour next year...suddenly all the "experts" on this board, who by the way were jumping for joy when all these moves were made, will be calling for Snyder to sell the team or whatever.

So let the bashing begin...

HTTR

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Is this one of those kill them with kindness/Karma Threads like folks use to post prior to a game?

Maybe FunBunch7 is on to something. Lets all write "Super Nice" things about Snyder and he will sell the team.

My turn - "I love Snyder, because when he is watching the game and says, that's my team, he literally means, That's my team"

Who's next?

I just don't know where to begin ...

Synder maybe a great Skin's fan, but as an owner he stinks. During his 10 years we have become the laughing stock of the NFL.

All the draft picks we traded away for over the hill, aging, under performing veteran is just tip of the iceberg.

Here's an example. I would have take Seymor or Haynesworth who gets gased out very other play.

I don't see how snyder can be blamed for the past couple years either - everyone was loving the zorn higher when we were 6-2 and took 2 of 3 nfc east road games

our last 14 games, the offense has averaged 12.8 points a game, our offense since 2007...

- when we score 20 + points we are 15-3

- score less than 20, we are 5-14

an accurate quarterback (needed for west coast offense) would solve just about every issue - snyder tried for cutler and sanchez - maybe not as accurate but, for the love of god, they take chances

...blame gibbs on the qb situation and the current issues since he wanted campbell

before anything, not all falls on campbell

if our redzone offense could score td's, we'd be at 20+ pts. a game this year

but if he hits a couple of the wide open deep throws in our losses, guess what?

- or -

our receivers learn where the 1st down marker are when making cuts 1-2 yards short

we're looking at 5-1, 4-2

but i agree - vinny needs to be gone

I don't see how snyder can be blamed for the past couple years either - everyone was loving the zorn higher when we were 6-2 and took 2 of 3 nfc east road games

So then you commence bashing Campbell in the rest of your post?

:doh:

You could bring Payton Manning, Drew Brees or Tom Brady here and we'd still be stuck at 2-6. Bet on that.

Why can't Snyder be blamed for the past couple of years? He is at the top. It was his decision to bring Vinny back. He doesn't get any blame for hiring a turd of a wannabe GM that thinks he's hot **** because he won stuff decades ago?

I know I'll take a bashing so bring it. I'm also going to admit that all I am is a fan...if I REALLY knew 2 cents about putting a team together, then somebody would be paying me to do it.

So let's get a few things out in the open...

When we brought in Deion Sanders and Darrell Green was active in recruiting him where were all the Redskin Picketers then (BEFORE the 2000 season started)

When we signed Bruce Smith, why didn't we chant something like "Bruce Smith IS TOO OLD" or "Waste Of Money" or "BUST" BEFORE we were on the cover of USA Today the friday before week one in 2000

When Spurrier came on and we scored 35 points per game in the pre season...WHERE were all the haters then?

When we brought back Joe Gibbs and we traded Champ for Portis and brought in Brunell...why weren't people chanting "Sell the team!" then? (Before the season)

When we drafted Campbell after his undefeated season at Auburn, why weren't there bags on people's heads then?

When we started 6-2 last season and made some gutsy 4th down conversions to seal some games, WHY weren't people making logos in which our Redskin emblem was covering his face THEN?

Everything I mentioned and alot I didn't mention point to ONE THING! We have an owner that WANTS to WIN more than anything!!!!

People are making out Dan Snyder to be this "Big Bad Wolf"...as if he is intentionally trying to sabotage our team. People, he has the wrong guy in Cerrato, granted...but EVERY ONE of these moves that has been made I have been all happy, excited, ecstatic about...and so have most of you!

So things haven't worked out like we hoped...well boys and girls, that's football!

Personally, I am GLAD we have an owner like Dan Snyder...the guy writes checks! Imagine if we had Bill Bidwell...or the Brown family like they have in Cincy. Dan Snyder writes checks...and here's the kicker...he's a fan JUST LIKE EVERY ONE OF US! There is not a single person on this board who gets PAID to make personel decisions and there's a reason for that!

So go ahead and bash me for not knowing a thing about football because you know what...YOU'RE RIGHT! I am just a fan who roots for the team through thick and thin the last 27 years and is glad that we have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win.

He'll bring in a Super Bowl Winning Caoch in 2 months...maybe a GM...we'll sign some players...plug spome holes...yada yada yada and we will ALL be pumped up for the new season...yada yada yada...and if things go sour next year...suddenly all the "experts" on this board, who by the way were jumping for joy when all these moves were made, will be calling for Snyder to sell the team or whatever.

So let the bashing begin...

HTTR

If you think Snyder shoulders no blame for the way things are now, then your either a direct relative, or a drinkin buddy of his. His choice of GM, current coach, and his approval of his GM's decisions, are directly responsible for this mess. Don't get me wrong , I actually think Zorn will be a very good head coach once he learns the hard way with our team. This teams skill players are good. Not great . Good. So in order for this engine to run, every part must operate smoothly. Unfortunately this offensive line has been ignored for the most part and its now showing.This team will be good again in the very near future. Its just unfortunate we have to endure the pain while they figure it out. And Snydy is DIRECTLY responsible for that, and I think he's enough of a man to admit to that. I'm a 35 year skins fan. And I think the team has finally hit thier lowest point. This year will be tough to salvage, but I think big changes will be in order for next year. The new WR's will be poised to break out, and with a new Oline that will happen. Keep the faith.

our last 14 games, the offense has averaged 12.8 points a game, our offense since 2007...

- when we score 20 + points we are 15-3

- score less than 20, we are 5-14

an accurate quarterback (needed for west coast offense) would solve just about every issue - snyder tried for cutler and sanchez - maybe not as accurate but, for the love of god, they take chances

...blame gibbs on the qb situation and the current issues since he wanted campbell

before anything, not all falls on campbell

if our redzone offense could score td's, we'd be at 20+ pts. a game this year

but if he hits a couple of the wide open deep throws in our losses, guess what?

- or -

our receivers learn where the 1st down marker are when making cuts 1-2 yards short

we're looking at 5-1, 4-2

but i agree - vinny needs to be gone

I agree that Campbell does not take enough chances to win games, but with an Oline like we have, he would really be taking chances. And young QB's are taught to trust what they see. Without protection, Campbell does'nt trust too much.

Some good points in your post...

Snyder seems to do what he THINKS is best for the team, no matter what and you cant blame a guy for trying to win..... Its just taking him a long time to realize that his way is not the way to build a successful franchise......

I think the best thing that could happen is for Snyder to surround himself with smart football people, If/when we have a GM that really knows football and can stand up to Dan and tell him wether a move is a good one or not, I think people could change there opinion of him fairly quickly...

We need to stop putting a band-aid on the issues and get down to the root...

Vinny is the cancer to the Redskins, and once he is gone we could see some real changes!

To the OP.. Being upset about something before happens is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.. You need to adjust your argument or your thinking, probably both.

Hey Mods... I hate you because next week you might suck at running the board..

Yeah that makes sense.

To the OP.. Being upset about something before happens is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.. You need to adjust your argument or your thinking, probably both.

Hey Mods... I hate you because next week you might suck at running the board..

Yeah that makes sense.

But at the same time, calling for the guys head who is responsible for the decision that YOU agreed with is not exactly showing your support.

ex:

June 1st: Hey man, did you hear the Redskins picked up Player X? I'm so pumped! Can't wait for the season to start!

December 1st: Damn! I knew Player X was going to suck! We should get rid of the guy that brought him in!

Dan Snyder has justifiably made us the laughingstock of the sports world. More than once. And I HATE him for that!

The answer is very simple. Fire the one constant throughout the entire failed process: the racquetball lackey, and hire a real GM who knows how to analyze and build a roster of talented players. As much as I love Joe Gibbs, he also had the benefit of having a Bobby Beathard.

No one expects Snyder to be non-involved. BUT he has proven that he has NO football acumen! Write the checks, and let the professionals build a team that we ALL can be proud of!

But at the same time, calling for the guys head who is responsible for the decision that YOU agreed with is not exactly showing your support.

ex:

June 1st: Hey man, did you hear the Redskins picked up Player X? I'm so pumped! Can't wait for the season to start!

December 1st: Damn! I knew Player X was going to suck! We should get rid of the guy that brought him in!

For every ONE successful personnel decision Dan + Vinny-the-racquetball lackey have made, they have made 12 idiotic, dumbest-decisions-in-sports-history decisions. THAT justifies the sentiment of calling for the racquetball-lackey's head!

Man that was a monumental failure. I don't think we know if Zorn is a bad or good coach. I actually suspect Zorn is a good coach and that if Snyder doesn't just ruin him he may go somewhere else and do very well. He did go 6-2 until the o-line injuries happened last year; was it his fault there was no depth there? Was it his fault that the majority of the talent we've brought in just isn't getting it done?

Seems to me that Zorn has been able to keep the team so far. Seems to me that when most people go back and post pictures of game tape, the plays have worked; we have receivers wide open. That's scheme, that's Zorn. Keeping the players through this diversity, I think that is likely a sign of a great coach. What we don't have, is someone that can execute the play and get it there. That's on Snyder. It's also on Snyder keeping Cerrato this long and failing to bring in the right personnel and paying hired gun free agents.

Snyder does want to win, but ultimately you have to learn from your mistakes. This is where I don't see him changing. Every year, same failed method. Same failed GM, who, as an aside, it is reported is heavily invested in his failed companies. I would think anyone that can start a company and get rich like Snyder did would be able to adjust and learn from his mistakes, but I'm getting very doubtful.

Honestly, look at the coaches we want to bring in. Cowher? Took him over 10 years to finally win a Super Bowl. Shanahan? Started his odyssey with the Raiders over 10 years before he won Super Bowls in Denver. What do you see on perennially winning teams? The difference in both cases was steady, solid leadership from the top.

This is exactly what we're missing in DC and is why we've been a joke since Cooke. We are missing the great leadership from the top.

It occurs to me that most of the same pieces were in place in 2005 and 2007...either one of these years we could have landed in the Super Bowl...we were NOT that far away...

They WERE that far away... did you even watch the playoff games either of those years? SUPER BOWL? Really? C'mon!

Those years were 2-4 years ago... a lifetime in a business where the average career span is well south of five years....

Vinny, is that you again?

They WERE that far away... did you even watch the playoff games either of those years? SUPER BOWL? Really? C'mon!

Those years were 2-4 years ago... a lifetime in a business where the average career span is well south of five years....

Vinny, is that you again?

Yeah I DID watch the Super Bowl those years...in 07' I saw a Giant's team that was the #5 seed who we thoroughly beat week 16 win 3 playoff games on the road...

In 05' I saw a #6 seed Steeler team win 3 playoff games on the road en route to THEIR win in a sloppy Super Bowl over Seattle

Man that was a monumental failure. I don't think we know if Zorn is a bad or good coach. I actually suspect Zorn is a good coach and that if Snyder doesn't just ruin him he may go somewhere else and do very well. He did go 6-2 until the o-line injuries happened last year; was it his fault there was no depth there? Was it his fault that the majority of the talent we've brought in just isn't getting it done?

Seems to me that Zorn has been able to keep the team so far. Seems to me that when most people go back and post pictures of game tape, the plays have worked; we have receivers wide open. That's scheme, that's Zorn. Keeping the players through this diversity, I think that is likely a sign of a great coach. What we don't have, is someone that can execute the play and get it there. That's on Snyder. It's also on Snyder keeping Cerrato this long and failing to bring in the right personnel and paying hired gun free agents.

Snyder does want to win, but ultimately you have to learn from your mistakes. This is where I don't see him changing. Every year, same failed method. Same failed GM, who, as an aside, it is reported is heavily invested in his failed companies. I would think anyone that can start a company and get rich like Snyder did would be able to adjust and learn from his mistakes, but I'm getting very doubtful.

Honestly, look at the coaches we want to bring in. Cowher? Took him over 10 years to finally win a Super Bowl. Shanahan? Started his odyssey with the Raiders over 10 years before he won Super Bowls in Denver. What do you see on perennially winning teams? The difference in both cases was steady, solid leadership from the top.

This is exactly what we're missing in DC and is why we've been a joke since Cooke. We are missing the great leadership from the top.

I'm not convinced that Zorn is a "bad" coach. We will never know as long as we have an owner and his "President o' Football Ops" or whatever the racquetball-lackey's title is who have not spent a single significant draft pick in their entire regime on an offensive lineman! Instead, they BLOW THREE top picks in one year on receivers who all appear to be busts! And we have done this year after year. Thus, we have a QB (whomever THAT might be now) who has exactly 0.0003 secondsafter the snap before he gets killed. And a lights-out WR who is successfully double-teamed on every play because the ENTIRE league knows that the rest of our rcvrs (except for Randle El WHEN he plays) ae complete busts, or at the very least, with our lack of an OL the QB doesn't have time for ANYONE to get open! And one of the top 3-5 RB's in the league who can't find a hole to run through because our offensive line consists of old, broken, brittle guys or young players who definitely would NOT start anywhere else in the league!

So no .. I'm convinced we have CERTIFIED MORONS who know NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL making personnel decisions, but I'm nt yet convinced that Zorn won't go on to be successful somewhere else in the league! And we've seen THAT happen OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND .. during the Dan Snyder era! :rolleyes:

Danny is like a father who's deserted his kids and thinks that throwing money at them makes him a good father no matter how little time he spends actually being a real father to them.

I believe that deep down Danny wants to win, but the problem is that he has no #*%*$* clue how to go about it the right way. Danny's way is no matter what, throw money at the problem and hire puppets as GM & head coach, not to mention cause chaos, panic, and disorder in the organization. The formula for building a winner is really simple and most every owner uses it:

1. Hire a competent GM who will bring in a great college scouting department, player personnel people, and a competent coach

2. Let the coach bring in his own staff

3. Don't form a cliq with the star players and undermine the head coach

and the most important one:

4. LET THE GM & COACH DO THEIR JOBS WITHOUT STICKING YOUR NOSE IN THEIR BUSINESS

Let's see how Danny has done with these 4 things:

1. Vinny is incompetent, the scouting dept sucks, and Zorn apparently can't coach

2. The entire coaching staff is already in place when Zorn was hired, so he had none of his own people

3. Formed a cliq with CP who's become a lazy bum and cancer in the locker room because he doesn't practice, and has no fear of discipline from the coach because CP is chummy with Danny

4. Do I really need to answer this one? :doh:

And as for that spending spree in 2000 - Bruce was pretty much done, Mark Carrier was done, Deion was a shell of his former self, and there was no cohesion whatsoever.

- He fires Norv with a 7-6 record and 3 games left in 2000

- He hires Marty because of his track record, then fires him after only 1 season

- He develops a mancrush on Spurrier who had no business being on an NFL sideline

- Joe came back to temporarily pull Danny's a** out of the oven, but even Joe created a mess while he was here

- hires Zorn with no credentials, constantly undermines him, knew he had to grow in the position, replaces him as playcaller with bingo man, and set Zorn up to fail so that he can fire him and pin the blame on Zorn

We've had 10 years of this horsesh*t 3-ring circus now and it's time that Danny pulled his head from his backside and woke up. Hire a competent GM, a competent coach, and let them do their job rebuilding this once proud franchise.

Yeah I DID watch the Super Bowl those years...in 07' I saw a Giant's team that was the #5 seed who we thoroughly beat week 16 win 3 playoff games on the road...

In 05' I saw a #6 seed Steeler team win 3 playoff games on the road en route to THEIR win in a sloppy Super Bowl over Seattle

As much as I HATE the G'aints, they have successfully built a young team through the draft. They were very good two years ago with a VERY young team, and they are even better now that those young players have a couple of years under their belts.

We are NOWHERE near as good as the Steelers. Don't EVEN go there!

Us?! We are close to the point of blowing everything up and starting over again. And with the lunacy of our FO, we will probably repeat the stupidity of the last ten years of trading draft picks away for past-their-prime castoffs who knew they could get one last supersized check from Snyder, and BLOWING the top three picks in just one year on receivers who are total busts, instead of picking at least one or two linemen!

OP, go over to that recent thread with all the pictures of the glory days, then come back and read your post again. Perhaps then you'll understand why so many diehard Redskins fans feel the way we do about Dan Snyder. Grown men getting all teary-eyed over 20-year-old pictures of celebrating football players.

Snyder's ownership of the Skins makes me think of that old quote about the King of France: "He learns nothing and forgets nothing." His constant rehash of bad moves is what is wearing me down as a fan. What hope is there if he still doesn't seem to "get it" after TEN YEARS?

Archived