Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheerleader Ambassador Rcvs Bad Reaction From Flu Shot - ALMOST CURED (MET; Merged)

KrnZippo

What's really ****ed up is that she's not even listed as a Redskins cheerleader, or no mention of what happened on redskins.com

Looks like she just got a /delete

She's not a cheerleader. She's a Cheerleader Ambassador, and a rookie at that, which is why there are few details on her.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Ambassadors_503.jsp

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Desiree_59767.jsp

Glad I blew mine out my nose and cleaned it out with water now.

How do they get away with not explaining why a shot for a simple seasonal virus can stop brain function?

Hi

I think we all agree that what happened to this young woman is terrible, but I don't agree with you about assessing blame or even about the dangers of flu or any other vaccine that is FDA-approved. Like driving a car or eating a hot dog, everything including vaccines has an associated risk. If you paid attention to the news report you might have noticed that it's mainly conjecture and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of a causal link. And believe me this case has been reviewed to determine if the dystonia was caused by the shot. If it were, we'd be seeing a story about a vaccine recall instead of one isolated and awful incident.

I work for a vaccine maker and one of our products is the flu vaccine you blew out your nose. It is safe and effective. Oh, by the way, you were immunized even though you blew your nose and washed it out. Next time, just don't take it at all.

This sort of knee-jerk reaction is sad, since it's not based on fact. I just wrote then scrapped a long explanation of why you can expect vaccines and other drugs to be safe and effective. If any of you have an interest in knowing what controls are in place and what the process is for trying to get answers to why and how such a thing can happen, PM me and I can explain, in more detail than you could possibly want.

Best wishes to her and her husband in dealing with this horrible condition. I'm very sorry to see such a thing happen to anyone.

First: My heart goes out to that poor woman and her family.

Second: Be very suspicious when a company granted blanket legal immunity by the government wants to stick a needle in your arm.

What’s in a flu shot?

flu strains are cultivated in chick embryos for several weeks before being inactivated with formaldehyde, which is a known cancer-causing agent. then they’re preserved with thimerosal, which is 49 percent mercury by weight.

-thimerosal, is 49 percent mercury by weight. some contain as much as 25 mcg of mercury per dose. This means that it may contain more than 250 times the Environmental Protection Agency’s safety limit for mercury.

-Aluminum -- a neurotoxin that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease

-Triton X-100 -- a detergent

-Phenol (carbolic acid)

-Ethylene glycol (antifreeze)

-Betapropiolactone - a disinfectant

-Nonoxynol - used to kill or stop growth of STDs

-Octoxinol 9 - a vaginal spermicide

-Sodium phosphate

They can keep their stinking vaccine.

Second: Be very suspicious when a company granted blanket legal immunity by the government wants to stick a needle in your arm.

What’s in a flu shot?

flu strains are cultivated in chick embryos for several weeks before being inactivated with formaldehyde, which is a known cancer-causing agent. then they’re preserved with thimerosal, which is 49 percent mercury by weight.

-thimerosal, is 49 percent mercury by weight. some contain as much as 25 mcg of mercury per dose. This means that it may contain more than 250 times the Environmental Protection Agency’s safety limit for mercury.

-Phenol (carbolic acid)

-Sodium phosphate

You're hilarious. Where did you get all this information?

Do you understand how these ingredients are used? For instance, I am on the team for a vaccine project where one of the necessary "ingredients" is formaldehyde, which is used to inactivate toxins from the source bacterium. The formaldehyde is then removed and there is testing to ensure it happened. If the test result is not acceptable, the batch is rejected. Simple as that. The final product contains extremely low amounts of formaldehyde, sure, but it has been extensively tested to ensure there are no serious health hazards associated with it.

I encourage anyone reading this to do research on their own and not just quote the anti-vaccine yahoos out there. If you choose to succumb to fear instead of being rational, well, I respect your decision, but good luck with that.

You're hilarious. Where did you get all this information?

Do you understand how these ingredients are used? For instance, I am on the team for a vaccine project where one of the necessary "ingredients" is formaldehyde, which is used to inactivate toxins from the source bacterium. The formaldehyde is then removed and there is testing to ensure it happened. If the test result is not acceptable, the batch is rejected. Simple as that. The final product contains extremely low amounts of formaldehyde, sure, but it has been extensively tested to ensure there are no serious health hazards associated with it.

I encourage anyone reading this to do research on their own and not just quote the anti-vaccine yahoos out there. If you choose to succumb to fear instead of being rational, well, I respect your decision, but good luck with that.

When the drug companies are willing to talk to my lawyer and own all the liability and pay 5x damages to my next of kin then we'll talk.

When the drug companies are willing to talk to my lawyer and own all the liability and pay 5x damages to my next of kin then we'll talk.

Why - did you get a boo-boo from a vaccine? :evilg:

I respect your right to decide not to get vaccinated against disease. I just think its ignorant and based on fear and hype not fact.

And let's apply your standard to something else, say car companies. If some ******* cuts you off and sends your car off the road, over an embankment and onto the roadway below and you die, does the automaker have to pay your family 5x damages regardless of whether or not there was a problem with the car they made and you bought?

What’s in a flu shot?

-Phenol (carbolic acid)

-Sodium phosphate

Let's see.....H1N1 became a pandemic in only a few weeks upon it's discovery. Lucky for all of us it's a mild flu for now. If H5N1 were to become a pandemic the mortality rate is 60+% or when the H1N1 does mutate it will become a global killer.

Skeptics of the shots would be lined up for miles to get one. I get one every year and so do my kids. Im not taking the chance with my job that I'll catch the flu and bring it home to my kids.

My prayers are with her. Hope Mayo can find a way to cure her nero. disorder.

Why - did you get a boo-boo from a vaccine? :evilg:

I respect your right to decide not to get vaccinated against disease. I just think its ignorant and based on fear and hype not fact.

And let's apply your standard to something else, say car companies. If some ******* cuts you off and sends your car off the road, over an embankment and onto the roadway below and you die, does the automaker have to pay your family 5x damages regardless of whether or not there was a problem with the car they made and you bought?

This is all circumstantial at this point. Doctors are making a assumption that it couldve been a side effect from the flu shot, but she actually caught the flu also. I would rather see the statistics that show how many bad reactions to include her neurological disorders vs no issues at all. I've never heard of anyone getting this disorder or even getting critically injured from a flu shot and I take one every year.

This years flu batch is always one behind, so the flu has most likely mutated and the flu shot is not as effective (from what I understand). For once we actually have a shot H1N1 that is up to date with the virus that is going around now.

My prayers are with her. Hope Mayo can find a way to cure her nero. disorder.

Ironically her best hope lies with an "evil drug company" - probably small biotech. I'm guessing that work already done to try to cure Parkinson's/Huntington's will likely be a factor.

Here is an interesting link with information about progress in research.

Here is another link discussing an alternative to vaccination.

This is all circumstantial at this point. Doctors are making a assumption that it couldve been a side effect from the flu shot, but she actually caught the flu also. I would rather see the statistics that show how many bad reactions to include her neurological disorders vs no issues at all. I've never heard of anyone getting this disorder or even getting critically injured from a flu shot and I take one every year.

This years flu batch is always one behind, so the flu has most likely mutated and the flu shot is not as effective (from what I understand). For once we actually have a shot H1N1 that is up to date with the virus that is going around now.

Yup. That's my point.

I've reviewed lots of clinical data and have seen the statistics of which you speak (for other vaccines though), and there are definitely reactions that are traced to the vaccines, but generally they're minor (like pain, itching or swelling at the injection site).

The litany of things you hear in TV ads come directly from the Directions For Use list of side effects, and those are based on the statistics around reported adverse events. If there are serious adverse events that are definitely related to the vaccine it would not be acceptable for use unless there was an emergency. Case in point is the recent "new generation" smallpox vaccine, which carries more risk than previous ones (but really due to better medical detection of problems), but is meant for use only in the event of a bioterrorism attack.

You're pretty close on the annual seasonal flu. See here (third question). And yes, H1N1 is up to date since there was no guess-work involved in the target strains.

Archived