Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheerleader Ambassador Rcvs Bad Reaction From Flu Shot - ALMOST CURED (MET; Merged)

KrnZippo

This is a very sad post. This poor woman has her life ruined by an adverse effect to a vaccine that all people are being encouraged to take. I'm scheduled for my flu shot in two weeks and it makes me want to cancel and take my chances. I've heard that if you are an older person, more than likely your body already has an immune system built up for most flus. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to influence anyone into to doing the wrong thing.

pharmaceutical companies are always trying to "scare" people into buying their vaccines for every strain of influenza and seasonal rhino-virus that pops up.

SARS? Bird Flu? Now Swine Flu?? Please. The only disease I need a shot for is Snyder-osis. But I hear that it's terminal.

This is a very sad post. This poor woman has her life ruined by an adverse effect to a vaccine that all people are being encouraged to take. I'm scheduled for my flu shot in two weeks and it makes me want to cancel and take my chances. I've heard that if you are an older person, more than likely your body already has an immune system built up for most flus. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to influence anyone into to doing the wrong thing.

It is sad. But think of it like this - you are going on a trip to the Bahamas in 2 weeks and you see a news story about a plane crash. Do you cancel your trip?

The likelihood of something like this happening is at least 100x less than the likelihood of a plane crash.

Not only that, but there is no evidence that the shot caused the dystonia.

Flu mutates easily and the seasonal shots are targeted to protect against the most likely strains, based on a prediction by World Health Organization.

My advice is talk to and trust your doctor.

pharmaceutical companies are always trying to "scare" people into buying their vaccines for every strain of influenza and seasonal rhino-virus that pops up.

SARS? Bird Flu? Now Swine Flu?? Please. The only disease I need a shot for is Snyder-osis. But I hear that it's terminal.

I love your sig.

Just for the record there is no Rhinovirus vaccine (it has >100 strains and therefore a multi-valent vaccine would be needed, and with that many strains it's not been feasible yet).

There's also no Lord Farquaad Vaccine. Maybe we should invest in developing one...

Why - did you get a boo-boo from a vaccine? :evilg:

I respect your right to decide not to get vaccinated against disease. I just think its ignorant and based on fear and hype not fact.

And let's apply your standard to something else, say car companies. If some ******* cuts you off and sends your car off the road, over an embankment and onto the roadway below and you die, does the automaker have to pay your family 5x damages regardless of whether or not there was a problem with the car they made and you bought?

When our social structure makes the car irrelevant I'll quit driving.

If flu shots are so good for you, then why do sixty percent of doctors and nurses refuse to get them? ABC News is reporting that only forty percent of health care professionals opted to be vaccinated against the flu.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/ColdandFluNews/story?id=6418974&page=1

Why - did you get a boo-boo from a vaccine? :evilg:

I respect your right to decide not to get vaccinated against disease. I just think its ignorant and based on fear and hype not fact.

And let's apply your standard to something else, say car companies. If some ******* cuts you off and sends your car off the road, over an embankment and onto the roadway below and you die, does the automaker have to pay your family 5x damages regardless of whether or not there was a problem with the car they made and you bought?

Drug companies are out for a profit. If they want to use fear and hype to grab more takers, they will use it.

You're hilarious. Where did you get all this information?

Do you understand how these ingredients are used? For instance, I am on the team for a vaccine project where one of the necessary "ingredients" is formaldehyde, which is used to inactivate toxins from the source bacterium. The formaldehyde is then removed and there is testing to ensure it happened. If the test result is not acceptable, the batch is rejected. Simple as that. The final product contains extremely low amounts of formaldehyde, sure, but it has been extensively tested to ensure there are no serious health hazards associated with it.

I encourage anyone reading this to do research on their own and not just quote the anti-vaccine yahoos out there. If you choose to succumb to fear instead of being rational, well, I respect your decision, but good luck with that.

The ingredients he listed are in the vaccines. I did my research and he is right.

Desiree and I work together at AOL, and if you're interested, I plan to conitnue posting her updates in the tailgaite "do you plan to get a swine flu shot" thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=299503&page=16

.. even though hers wasn't the H1N1 vaccine, this seems like the most appropriate place (short of starting a new thread).

I love your sig.

Thanks! I'm proud to say it is my actual registered license plate. I get at least 1-3 thumbs-ups from other drivers a day, and even catch people taking cell phone pictures of it. My goal is to make a huge banner of it, and hang it off the 495 overpass on arena drive on a game day sometime.

Ok...

why do you think 1 out of every 150 children born after 1977 has some form of AUTISM????

1 out of 150! Not to mention tourettes, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia and other neurological issues?

Because there are more concrete indicators out there on what actually is autism/asperger's and it is not from vaccination.

Ok...

why do you think 1 out of every 150 children born after 1977 has some form of AUTISM????

1 out of 150! Not to mention tourettes, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia and other neurological issues?

There has been extensive research trying to prove this, and none of the data can support it. My guess (though again, no data supports it to my knowledge) is that detection of autism, tourette's, ADD, ADHD, etc. has gotten much better since 1977 as medical surveillance has improved, and that this is a coincidence.

Look, I'm not some heartless **** who's out to vilify this poor woman. I agree that this is terrible. I'm just pointing out that even if the vaccination caused this awful thing to happen to her, it is an incredibly, unbelievably unusual occurence, never seen before in years upon years upon years of flu vaccine research and administration.

I'm upset that people immediately decry vaccination in general just because it's a bandwagon gripe. Without it lots and lots of people would have lived much shorter lives. And I know firsthand how hard it is to develop a vaccine and get it approved by regulatory authorities in the US or elsewhere. If your work had to pass this kind of scrutiny, you'd probably be spending a lot more time complaining about your job than about thimerosal.

When our social structure makes the car irrelevant I'll quit driving.

That's nice. I bike to work myself. But you didn't answer my challenge. :)

If flu shots are so good for you, then why do sixty percent of doctors and nurses refuse to get them? ABC News is reporting that only forty percent of health care professionals opted to be vaccinated against the flu.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/ColdandFluNews/story?id=6418974&page=1

Thanks for sharing - this is interesting and concerning.

However, I don't see a link between the data showing that flu vaccines prevent influenza reliably and the data on rate of vaccination of health care professionals.

Here's my best guess at why:

Healthcare professionals is a group including more than just doctors and nurses (social workers, lab workers, researchers, administrative staff, etc.), so your assertion is off. I'm assuming if we looked at the subset of doctors and nurses, the rate of vaccination would be higher.

I had other ideas, but they all amount to speculation, and I'm looking for logic.

Drug companies are out for a profit. If they want to use fear and hype to grab more takers, they will use it.

Sorry you think they're so evil.

There are regulations in the drug industry that prevent the kind of opportunistic marketing you see in just about every other industry. Do companies sometimes try to take advantage of a prevailing fear to make a profit? Yes. Is it really possible to exploit that the way you woud if you were Dan Snyder? Hell no!!!

The ingredients he listed are in the vaccines. I did my research and he is right.

I'm not disputing that. I'm challenging his knowledge of how they're used, why they're there, and what the impact is to humans.

For instance, does he (or you) know what alum does in a vaccine?

That information is readily available here.

You can google the other ingredients, with the word vaccine, and get similar info for all of them. Enjoy.

My prayers go out to her and her family

Ayo its poison, ecstasy, coke

You say its love, it is poison

Schools where I learned they should be burned, it is poison

Physicians prescripting us medicine which is poison

Doctors injecting our infants with the poison

Religion misoverstood is poison

-Nas

My prayers go out to her and her family

Ayo its poison, ecstasy, coke

You say its love, it is poison

Schools where I learned they should be burned, it is poison

Physicians prescripting us medicine which is poison

Doctors injecting our infants with the poison

Religion misoverstood is poison

-Nas

Yes because Nas is an expert in the fields of medicine, medical care and religion.

Archived