Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx: Sources: Gruden atop Snyder's wish list

JimmiJo

Good. I like Gruden :)

When he's had decent to good talent, he has won everywhere he's coached. You can't say that about Shanahan.

Look at the Tampa franchise without him there. Now look at Denver without Shanahan. End of discussion :)

when gruden has a competent OL he does well

when gruden has not had a competent OL he does poorly

our FO is incapable of building a competent OL.

Gruden will do poorly til the OL is fixed.

If the comments he makes from the booth are any indication' date=' I think Gruden desperately wants a shot at the Cowboys gig. I have nothing to base that on aside from his gushing about everything Cowboys-related earlier this year.

Granted, he gushes about every player on every team, but it seemed particularly acute in Dallas.

It will be fascinating if Jerry Jones and Snyder are both in the market for a coach at the same time.[/quote']

Then again, you've not seen Gruden cover the Redskins, so how do you know he's not even more, um, gushful... about that job. (they only put the good teams on monday night. or at least the marginally exciting)

If Cerrato lucks into a QB, he could win. He's really not that bad.

Not good, but not incapble of winning. All he needs is a blue chip QB prospect to build around.

Here is why Vinny needs to be gone and Dan needs to be long gone

Its not just about player acquisition (which they clearly suck at) its about the culture and attitude in the building

And from everything I have heard, from whatever sources we have, the inside of the building in Redskins park is poison.

Why? Its Dan Snyder

The coaches are all undercut. Snyder is the one making the big decisions and saying "lets get him." The focus is NOT on winning football games, despite what people perceive.

The only way the culture and attitude changes at Redskins Park is if Vinny is gone and Snyder lets a football man set the tone for the organization.

As long as those 2 are there, its Dan Snyder doing it. And there is no way this team will be better then 10-6 with Dan Snyder constantly in the building

Turner was a first-time coach with us and should've never been fired. We had a winning record and if we had kept Johnson, then we would've had another ring by 2002.

Dan's biggest mistake was saying Norv was guaranteed a job if he made the playoffs in 1999. We could trade him to Dallas in 2000.

The only time Norv did anything was when Dan lit a fire under him in 99. His job was on the line.

i dont see gruden working out here. his whole mentality is to STFU and do it his way. theres no way snyder can handle a coach with balls like that.

would i like to see him here? absolutely, he'd get rid of this pampered club med "ive got an ouchie" attitude that zorn has. but im not sure i see him coexisting with a meddlesome owner like snyder.

This is the number that makes me go :doh:. We've gone through so many coaches here in 11 years, most of any team I think. I hope whoever we hire, they stay for the long run at least.

This is key. The Skins need a coach to last for 10-12 years. Changing coaches has been the achilles heel. Not really worried about Cerrato. You can't fix all the Skins problems with 1 draft. Gruden would be a good fit.

Dan's biggest mistake was saying Norv was guaranteed a job if he made the playoffs in 1999. We could trade him to Dallas in 2000.

The only time Norv did anything was when Dan lit a fire under him in 99. His job was on the line.

Nah, our team was money back then. We were a botched field goal from the NFC Championship. Number one quarterback, running back, and receiver and not a crappy defense.

Just because he lit the fire doesn't mean that the fire would go out the next year. We could've had great things if Norv had stuck around.

If Cerrato lucks into a QB, he could win. He's really not that bad.

Not good, but not incapble of winning. All he needs is a blue chip QB prospect to build around.

You've seen me wave the pompons all season.

Allowing our offensive line to reach its current state is a damning statement on management not to mention an injury liability to our players.

I wouldn't mind Gruden to be honest with you . . . We need a guy who will get in the players' faces and hopefully inspire some effort. We haven't had a guy like that since Marty. I've been calling for a fiery coach who you play for because you fear doing otherwise.

Plus he was pretty damn successful as a Head Coach in both Oakland and Tampa Bay. Aside from his infatuation with QBs, he's a very good play caller and disciplinarian . . . two things we lack.

You've seen me wave the pompons all season.

Allowing our offensive line to reach its current state is a damning statement on management not to mention an injury liability to our players.

Yah, our Oline could use some attention, no denying that.

However, we're not the first team that has happened to. And our current QB is making a mediocre to bad Oline look absolutely terrible.

See Packers, Green Bay. Their line is worse than ours. Their running back is about the same I guess.

However, they're one of the most explosive offenses in the league, even when they give up 4-5 sacks a game. Care to guess why? (it ain't the WR's) :)

Here is why Vinny needs to be gone and Dan needs to be long gone

Its not just about player acquisition (which they clearly suck at) its about the culture and attitude in the building

And from everything I have heard, from whatever sources we have, the inside of the building in Redskins park is poison.

Why? Its Dan Snyder

The coaches are all undercut. Snyder is the one making the big decisions and saying "lets get him." The focus is NOT on winning football games, despite what people perceive.

The only way the culture and attitude changes at Redskins Park is if Vinny is gone and Snyder lets a football man set the tone for the organization.

As long as those 2 are there, its Dan Snyder doing it. And there is no way this team will be better then 10-6 with Dan Snyder constantly in the building

Not winning football games? Man, if I gave a player 41 million guaranteed, its all about winning. You d*mn skippy. I don't believe that Synder doesn't want too win. But lets face the facts. Who called for the stretch run that resulted in a safety?

Yah, our Oline could use some attention, no denying that.

However, we're not the first team that has happened to. And our current QB is making a mediocre to bad Oline look absolutely terrible.

See Packers, Green Bay. Their line is worse than ours. Their running back is about the same I guess.

However, they're one of the most explosive offenses in the league, even when they give up 4-5 sacks a game. Care to guess why? :)

Does it have to do with the Punter position?

Maybe the Long Snapper?

No?

I'm stumped...

Not winning football games? Man, if I gave a player 41 million guaranteed, its all about winning. You d*mn skippy. I don't believe that Synder doesn't want too win. But lets face the facts. Who called for the stretch run that resulted in a safety?

If he wants to "win" he'll finally figure out his current arrangement is crap.

That arrangement being him fully involved in football decisions

Let me tell you something about Jon Gruden.

The guy can flat-out coach.

He's a real competitor.

I would like to have a guy like that involved in my football team.

He flat out gets it down.

He brings it every week.

He's a football coach. Period.

He's the kind of guy you need to win in the National Football League.

(Wait a second' date=' that last one might be Jaworski).[/quote']

Man you just gave me a ray of hope in an otherwise depressing Monday. I've always liked Gruden. He would motivate the **** out of this team and offense. I'd love to see Jon Grudan bring his act here and save this teams soul

Archived