Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx: Sources: Gruden atop Snyder's wish list

JimmiJo

I wondered how long it would take before the first smart person realized that we would be in the same boat only a different coach. Do not get me wrong I love Gruden, but does he play offensive line and coach? Can Gruden call the play then run on the field and hit a 10 yard out without getting happy feet?

This would be a move to get the fan base re-energized and 75% of you would be saying we are Super Bowl contenders again. YIPPPEEE

Yes, we will have a couple pro bowlers, a few starters that bust there butts every single down. 6-8 youngsters that have the word potential all over them but never materialize. 6-8 overpaid starting fat cats that only want to show up on Sunday and get their HUGE paycheck on Monday.

Well not me folks, UNTIL this little **** hires football people to build this football team we are 8-10 starters way from contending for a playoff spot every year. The model is out there to follow, look at the Steelers, Bob Craft, Jim Irsay among others. That little man has to have a hand in everything except wiping his own ass, Vinny does that for him.

Steelers- Big Ben and Mike Tomlin

Craft- Brady and Bellicheck

Colts- Manning

Redskins- Zorn and Campbell:doh:

Even with a great o-line we're not any of the other teams mentioned above until we get a coach and franchise QB as well. (Btw, Big Ben has a terrible o-line and has been sacked 45+ times 3 years running yet manages to make things happen)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Time-to-trade-Merriman.html

the article is also Skins/gruden related

In many ways, this makes complete sense because Bruce Allen, the former general manager of the Bucs and a close friend of Gruden, has a very good relationship with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. Snyder grew up loving the Redskins since Bruce’s late father George took them to the Super Bowl in the 1972 season

Interesting.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Time-to-trade-Merriman.html

the article is also Skins/gruden related

I'm fine with Gruden being our coach as long as Snyder keeps his nose out of it. If he was able to do that at Oakland, maybe he can do it here? Snyder needs to realize it's NOT just the coach that's the problem, it's him. He knows squat about football and he needs to keep his hands out of the pie and sit back and watch the games.

FML

I want someone new. I want a Redskin. I don't want a Buccaneer, I don't want a Raider. I want Joe Gibbs's true successor, someone who is ours and ours alone.

I want a successful version of Zorn.

I agree. I wanted Gregg Williams, and once he was gone I didn't want Cowher or one of the big names-- I wanted a Redskin. That's why I was so excited about Zorn, even though he was adored by the Seattle fanbase, his legacy could still be shaped into a solely Redskin legacy. But at this point, I'll take anyone who can right the ship and restore some respectability... damn we lost that respectability quick after Gibbs left.

Gruden was just on with Mike & Mike and asked about his name linked to Skins and the Louisville job. He said not to believe things that are being reported. He was very respectful when asked about 2 coaches really on the hot seat, Zorn And Juron. Said those are really good guys, lifers in football and they hopes they can turn things around.

Gruden was just on with Mike & Mike and asked about his name linked to Skins and the Louisville job. He said not to believe things that are being reported. He was very respectful when asked about 2 coaches really on the hot seat, Zorn And Juron. Said those are really good guys, lifers in football and they hopes they can turn things around.

Well, that's not really much of a denial. He can't come right out and say, "oh yeah, I really wan't that guy's job." Not saying he wants to coach here, but that's not exactly a denial either.

Well, that's not really much of a denial. He can't come right out and say, "oh yeah, I really wan't that guy's job." Not saying he wants to coach here, but that's not exactly a denial either.

No it's not denial and he was showing respect for coaches who are still employed. However, I wondered what part of the "not to believe things that are being reported" he was referring to.

No it's not denial and he was showing respect for coaches who are still employed. However, I wondered what part of the "not to believe things that are being reported" he was referring to.

Yeah, that could mean anything. A report could be 98% accurate, but if there's a small detail that's wrong, you can say "don't believe everything you read" and still be telling the truth. It sounds like a classic non-denial denial to me, although I admit I didn't hear it myself. I'm just going by the info you provided.

Archived