Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team is done, forever...

Springfield

I remember a lot of things from even younger quite distinctly.

The night of the Super Bowl loss to the then-Los Angeles Raiders, I cried to the strains of the Cars "Drive" (as in, "who's gonna drive you home, tonight?") I was also just getting over chickenpox at the time. I remember players, plays and a lot of things from that era. I was watching the Skins back in 82 (and assorted college games since 81.)

So, it's possible even if NC21 sometimes doesn't seem like he has the experience in his posts ;P Just clownin, man. :)

While I don't remember watching the 82 SB to well, I do remember the game against the Raiders. I remember one of my uncle's cursing at Rich Milot being outran by Marcus Allen on that 74 yard run. (not trying to relive a terrible memory here but for the younger crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrm4PpOStA). I do remember players, games, memories throughout the years, but never will give up. Like I said from different posts, it starts at the top, and goes to the bottom.

I mean hell, we've been through this era (I know NC21 remembers this -

) and for real I don't think it could get any worse than that.

While I don't remember watching the 82 SB to well, I do remember the game against the Raiders. I remember one of my uncle's cursing at Rich Milot being outran by Marcus Allen on that 74 yard run. (not trying to relive a terrible memory here but for the younger crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrm4PpOStA). I do remember players, games, memories throughout the years, but never will give up. Like I said from different posts, it starts at the top, and goes to the bottom.

I mean hell, we've been through this era (I know NC21 remembers this -

) and for real I don't think it could get any worse than that.

I remember that like I remember walking in on my first clogged toilet. :doh:

The sad part is that alot of these posts are being taken seriously. It shows the state of the team that the farce can't be discerned from the real, ninja text notwithstanding.

This team has to climb out of this hole. It's downright ugly around here right now.

I was thinking about it, and I've concluded that "done forever" is redundant.

I mean, done implies finality, doesn't it? Things aren't done and then all of a sudden not done. "forever" is not needed. It's kind of like saying that Michael Jackson is dead forever.

Now you could say "the redskins will suck forever", that would be okay.

You're completely right about it being redundant however I think that people throwing the phrase "this team is done!" around so much at various points in the season that this person was forced to add "forever!" to make a point that he meant beyond this week and he meant literally until the end of time.

It is a very ignorant comment to say the Redskins are done forever.

But ignorance is bliss.... the Redskins winning the Super Bowl will be better though.

The sad part is that alot of these posts are being taken seriously. It shows the state of the team that the farce can't be discerned from the real, ninja text notwithstanding.

This team has to climb out of this hole. It's downright ugly around here right now.

It is sad. The hole we are in will be a hard one to climb out of here.... sometimes we need to be light hearted and have a little fun around here though.

I hate quitters.

Pathetic.

If you are quitting on the team and never want to speak of them again why would you want to waste your (and our) time by cluttering up ES with your presence?
It is a very ignorant comment to say the Redskins are done forever.
as long as danny boy is in the charge the redskins will never win
I really despise troll threads like this.
:sucks:

Man, I'm glad I don't have the same crystal ball as the OP.

To say were done forever seems a little far fetched.......Sounds like your typing with more emotion than facts

Cue the ES dance party:

:dj: :dj: :dj: :dj: :dj: :dj:

This is a partial of my reply from another thread but I think it applies:

Culture, or complete lack of, I believe is the main reason for our current state of affairs. And sadly culture starts at the top, in any organization. Back in the day the city WAS the Washington Redskins and vice versa. JCK had the correct model. The Redskins belonged to the city and the fans, he owned the franchise. What we have right now is the polar opposite. We had a clue into this when Shotty gave his exit press conference. I haven't seen it since it aired but I can still picture him saying "it's Dan's team, he can do whatever he wants with it." And he has. I think this was largely seen as sour grapes at the time rather than a telling window into our future. So here we are today. We can only hope and pray (and I do) that he will realize that this franchise is bigger than one man. Back in the glory days we were one franchise, one city, ONE REDSKIN NATION, united for a common goal. Unfortunatley we have seen what happens when that is reduced to one man's goal of serving his own ego and trying to buy a winner. It wasn't just the players who could call out the play to the opposing defense and then run it down their throat over and over. It wasn't just the team that brought home three Lombardi trophies. It wasn't just the fans that used to shake RFK. It was the culture pulsating through the entire United Redskin Nation. People complain a lot about FedEx Field, that it's not RFK, not in the city, whatever. I guarantee you that 91 thousand fans could shake that place to the ground. And I hope and pray that by some miracle we'll regain that culture of the past and give it a shot. But that, my fellow fan, is entirely up to the powers that be. Hail.

I agree with what the OP says to an extent and that being not agreeing with the title..I think we gonna turn this thing around but it will take some time for us to be feared/dominant as we once were but to say "done,forever" thats a bit harsh lol

Cue the ES dance party:

:dj: :dj: :dj: :dj: :dj: :dj:

No I caught the ninja text. My comment about it being a troll thread is valid. This isnt the first thread to blast out some extreme viewpoint to gain attention only to secretly say something else, for the purpose of getting people riled up, blast the op, look like idiots, etc.

The current team / organization from the top down is definitely in shambles. However, the law of averages suggests that even if Snyder was randomly choosing players, eventually we'll have a good team. It sucks right now fo shizzle, but there are other teams who have been in worse positions. I don't think I've ever heard the fans be so vocal about the subpar product that's put on the field which could shake things up upstairs. So there's two things going for us: luck and booing.

Championship!

Right?

No I caught the ninja text. My comment about it being a troll thread is valid. This isnt the first thread to blast out some extreme viewpoint to gain attention only to secretly say something else, for the purpose of getting people riled up, blast the op, look like idiots, etc.

I resemble that remark. Anyone that would do such a thing is just being a fool. Sheesh, having a little fun is such a downer!

No Ninja Text Here!!!!

Nah, the haters needed to be called out. We've reached a new low on ES.

Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs quit this team because he saw how this place was run. The great Joe Gibbs quit on us because this organization is a joke. He knew he couldn't change it, so why would any poster on this board think he could? It's pointless.

Joe Gibbs left so he could spend more time with his family & his grandson who was fighting cancer.

You're pointless.

Synder has proven to me that winning is not the essense of owership, money is.

I no longer care what the f.............happens to the skins; wake me up when there is a new owner.

As a season ticket holder, I won't be back next year. I was going to cancel for the 2009 season, but fell for the "temporary upgrade" promotion. But the view from these seat while physically better, is actually just the same old on-the-field crap that Dan Synder has seduced ticket buyer with for a decade. Put me on the waiting list again until a new owner comes along.

I think you've got it all wrong. I didn't start this thread to make people look like idiots. I started this thread because I thought that there were seriously too many negative threads out there. This thread is supposed to be light hearted, in a "gotcha" kind of way. Take it for trolling if you will, but in the mess that is the Stadium, we all need to loosen up.

Nah, the haters needed to be called out. We've reached a new low on ES.

We are Extreme. Look at all of the responses from both ends of the spectrum. There is something wrong. Never say never, forever...

Archived