Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team is done, forever...

Springfield

wasn't this locked a second ago? lol.

i have faith that it will get turned around someday. i really feel like snyder wants this team to win. unfortunately, he still hasn't put the people in place to make it happen.

one day he will finally let his ego go and put a real GM in charge. i don't think he wants to have the stigma of the NFL's most inept owner for much longer.

That right there is the problem with him, he doesn't think he's the NFL's most inept owner, nor will he ever think that no matter how bad things get. The guy doesn't get it. The only thing he cares about is the all mighty dollar. He's making bank hand over fist from this team and the fans, and the fans are getting screwed.

I believe deep down he wants to win, but he has no freakin clue how to go about it.

Snyder draft a great qb? He will be too busy chasing another washed up neon deion- hey, things are looking up for Panthers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and Browns. They can't wait to see us- And Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers have worse luck than the shameless skins. At least they think they have talent.

As an older fan of the NY Yankees, i remember the days of George Steinbrenner running his team like Dan Snyder. Very hands on. The day he was suspended from MLB was the greatest day in the last 40 years of NYY baseball. Look at the success since.

Maybe we can hope for Dan to get suspended.

I believe deep down he wants to win, but he has no freakin clue how to go about it.

I'll take it one step further.

Snyder doesn't have a clue. This means that team management doesn't have a clue. Furthermore, the whole team doesn't have a clue. We are clueless and will be clueless always, forever... I'll still be rooting though.

when you were a kid? youre a year younger than me, and our last superbowl was won when i was 8. which means you were 7. how could you possibly remember that much from that time?

I remember a lot of things from even younger quite distinctly.

The night of the Super Bowl loss to the then-Los Angeles Raiders, I cried to the strains of the Cars "Drive" (as in, "who's gonna drive you home, tonight?") I was also just getting over chickenpox at the time. I remember players, plays and a lot of things from that era. I was watching the Skins back in 82 (and assorted college games since 81.)

So, it's possible even if NC21 sometimes doesn't seem like he has the experience in his posts ;P Just clownin, man. :)

The night of the Super Bowl loss to the then-Los Angeles Raiders, I cried to the strains of the Cars "Drive" (as in, "who's gonna drive you home, tonight?") I was also just getting over chickenpox at the time. I remember players, plays and a lot of things from that era. I was watching the Skins back in 82 (and assorted college games since 81.)

So, it's possible even if NC21 sometimes doesn't seem like he has the experience in his posts ;P Just clownin, man. :)

all i can remember from age 8 is that i liked ninja turtles, cal ripken, and ice cream. but hey, those things rule too right? :cheers:

You probably are going crazy, it happens when rooting for the Redskins... it's there.

Question my "fan hood", everyone's should be questioned... as crazy as this board is.

I like this message board though. I think I'll stick around. :)

If you are quitting on the team and never want to speak of them again why would you want to waste your (and our) time by cluttering up ES with your presence?

when you were a kid? youre a year younger than me, and our last superbowl was won when i was 8. which means you were 7. how could you possibly remember that much from that time?

I was going to say this also, we sucked through most of his child hood

Doesn't SEEM? That's like saying a guy without a home SEEMS like he doesn't have a lot of money.

. . . oh wait. :(

But yeah, my memories from that time, like a lot of people's, fixate on good times with a male role model. In this case, my dad. We watched Super Bowl XXII together (I just remember him yelling in the first part and being happy the rest of the time; I didn't even know what was going on) and Super Bowl XXVI (I remember THAT game really well). I didn't know that the football players existed outside of their jerseys or were real people (Like when you were younger, you didn't know that your teachers lived outside of the school due to a non-developed sense of object permanency). All that I knew was that the Redskins were the best team ever.

And kids today will never have that experience. :(

We are spoiled as redskins fans, as crazy as that sounds. We get the most hype every offseason, we have an owner willing to shell out the most money, we have a franchise that makes a lot of money

So we are spoiled because we got a lot of hype and because the franchise makes a lot of money? Do those things really matter to you? Is Snyder sharing some of his profits with you? Do you get a visceral satisfaction from our annual spring free agent extravaganza?

If you look at the rest of the league, more than half of NFL fans should give up on their teams, because they are, "done" "done forever"

Bills-The last time they were good, we were good. The difference is their glory years consist of getting to the Super Bowl, but no wins.

Dolphins-When was the last time the Dolphins were relevent? They had a 1-15 season, followed up by an 11-5 season, and now back to 1-3. They don't have QB of the future, and haven't smelled a Super Bowl in almost 30 years.

Jets-Again, when was the last time they were relevent? I'm going to wait alittle longer than 4 games to send Sanchex and Rex Ryan into the Walsh and Montana category. Joe Namath and 1968 were a long time ago.

Bengals-Do I even need to say anything?

Browns-Speaking of the expansion Browns, not the Raven/Browns, they are a mess and pretty much have been since they came back into the league.

Jaguars-A few decent seasons here and there but no where near the success as their expansion brothers the Panthers.

Texans-Have never made the playoffs.

Titans-They've been pretty up and down and their ups haven't resulted in anything that adds to the trophy case. Lost a Super Bowl to the Rams, had a 13-3 regular season that didn't amount to anything last year, and they had a big swing and wiff with the Vince Young pick.

Broncos-Haven't done much of anything since Elway retired around 10 years ago. Looked to have a franchise QB in Cutler, who now plays for the Bears. All those draft picks they got for him have to turn out to be good players for that move to make any sense. Like with the Jets, a 4-0 start is nice, but its a long season, and i'm pretty sure Kyle Orton is not the QB of the future.

Chargers-Remember when they were considered the most talented team in the NFL and were everyone's pick to win the Super Bowl? Well LT's career looks to be pretty much over, Sean Merriman is a shell of his former self. All that talent added up to no trips to the Super Bowl. They struggle to win a division that is horrible.

Raiders-If you ever think your team is in the worst shape of any team in the NFL, think about the Raiders and realize you cannot be as bad as they are.

Chiefs-When was the last time you said, "hmm Chiefs are good" They have been bad for a long time.

Vikings-If they don't win the Super Bowl with Favre this year or next year, if he comes back for another year. Who is going to play QB for them? Are they going to waste the best years of AP trying to find a QB? Can they afford to draft a QB and let him mature while AP ages another year? Been a while since you saw the Vikings in the Super Bowl.

Bears-Unless you conisder going to the Super Bowl and losing to the Colts a few years back to be enough to push them over the top, the Bears have had about as much success as the Redskins have had over the past 15 years.

Lions-No need to elaborate.

Saints-Again, does a nice 4-0 start cover up the fact that they've never been to a Super Bowl? Does it cover up the fact that they are far from a team that routinely makes the playoffs?

Falcons-Mike Smith and Matty "Ice" seem to be getting things going in the right direction in Atlanta but 2 years ago the Falcons were considered a disaster, so until these Falcons achieve something, they are still the Falcons, who have never done much of anything.

Buccaneers-Won the Super Bowl in this decade, been terrible every since, and looks like it's going to be a while before they are even close to a playoff team again.

49ers-Have not been very good for a while, big swing and miss and Alex Smith. Seem to have decent young talent now, but we'll see, they've waited almost as long as the Redskin fans have for a really good team.

Cardinals-They had a miracle run to the Super Bowl, other than that nothing in many many years. They look to be bad to average this year and Kurt Warner is close to hanging them up.

Seahawks-Got to be pretty decent under Holmgren, never amounted to Super Bowl win, are pretty terrible now, like they were before Holmgren got there.

Rams-More recent success than the Redskins, had things going pretty well when Warner was in his prime and they had all those WRs. But now they are a absolute mess.

You may not agree with all the teams I selected, you may have mentioned a team that I did not mention, but I think its safe to say that roughly 22 of the 32 NFL teams haven't faired much better than the Redskins over the past 15 years, many of them not having any success at all to fall back on. This is a franchise that has 5 trips to the Super Bowl with 3 victories.

The Redskins are not part of the NFL elite, which made up of about 5 teams.

I'm going to continue to be a fan and hope for the day where we are back in that elite, I don't know what else to do, this is my team, and I couldn't leave them if I wanted to.

Archived