Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This team is done, forever...

Springfield

If you are quitting on the team and never want to speak of them again why would you want to waste your (and our) time by cluttering up ES with your presence?

Yep, good question. It's because I was suckered for a $6K pair of seaon tickets. Well, you are right. No more. Shame on me. Two more empty seats unless the endless waiting list is valid.......

Wake me up went there is a new owner. I'll get back on the endless waiting list and take my chances.

No team is done forever.......just remember the Baltimore Colts under Robert Irsay, and the decades of futility the Cardinals suffered. I know this is a tough time to be a Skins fan, but someday the Skins will be back in the Super Bowl....someday.

I remember when the Patriots sucked and the Redskins were the unstoppable, and I also remember before that when the Redskins sucked, well the Pats still sucked at that time.

Don't give up, never give in, it is the only sure way to win, win, win.

I remember the 60's when winning any game was good. We stank and we knew we stunk. But it didn't matter. Who else was there to cheer for in the south. There was no Atlanta, no Miami, no Jacksonville or Tampa. The Skins were the closest thing to a southern team.

Maybe there's dumber reasons for liking a team. Surely there are smarter reasons. But it didn't matter. I got used to the Skins losing and they were still my team. I saw some glory years in the 80's and 90's, but I didn't become a fan of the Skins during their glory years or because they started winning. I was already a fan. And I'm not going to stop being a fan because they're losing. Win or lose, more Vinny and Dan stupidity, another decade of dumb BPA draft picks that don't help the team: it doesn't matter. I'll always be a Skins fan.

My granddaughter just asked me why I watch the Skins when I get so angry. And I get angry even when they win because they look so awful. It's hard for her to understand.

I absolutely agree the Skins are terrible right now but forever is too long. At some point, Snyder will bring in a real GM and let him run the whole thing. Maybe then there will be some improvement. Angelos is letting McPhail take over. Let's see if that works.

...not just for the season, not for the rest of the decade, but forever.

I try, we all try, to be best damn Washington Redskins fans as humanly possible. Over the past 16-something years, our favorite team has settled into an abysmal mediocrity. It has become quite clear that the common denominator is Dan Snyder. He can't run a team and it shows from our play.

Dan Wilkinson, Deon Sanders, Bruce Smith... you name it, we've sucked from it. Poor draft choices a plenty. Poor coaches a plenty. We are a terribly run football team.

We will be a terribly run football team for decades to come. Those are the facts. It's hard to swallow, but it's the truth. We will be a terrible team well into my 50's or 60's. That's the hardest part to think about. It's hard to think that the most senior members of this board will likely never see a chance for the Redskins to return to greatness.

Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs quit this team because he saw how this place was run. The great Joe Gibbs quit on us because this organization is a joke. He knew he couldn't change it, so why would any poster on this board think he could? It's pointless.

So it's time to hop off the bandwagon. It's time to let this team rot and die like all once great NFL franchises do. The only real way to break off a great relationship is to never speak of it again. Have fun with that because I intend on rooting for this team until the day I die.

Done Forever?, don't be an idiot. This kind of talk can get your fan card pulled in a hurry.

Done Forever?, don't be an idiot. This kind of talk can get your fan card pulled in a hurry.

I am in complete agreement SS! Fan card, pssssshhhh! Who needs it?!? I already burned mine and stored the ashes in the closet with the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus. Now you want to try and take my season tickets or jerseys then there will be problems.

I don't think they are done forever.

Sure this team sucks, but consectuive losing seasons may change Snyder's mind and hire a football person rather than a racquetball freind.

Problem is we have not had a losing season since 2006. We have had winning or .500 seasons 3 out of the last 4 years.

Archived