Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we finish the 2009 Season? Poll Included

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Real simple, give your estimates for the remainder of the season.

Panthers W

Chiefs W

Eagles L

Falcons L

Broncos W

Cowboys W

Eagles W

Saints L

Raiders W

Giants L

Cowboys L

Chargers W (They'll be sitting their starters)

So that puts us at a very optimistic 9-7. I'll say it's possible though.

EDIT: Apparently my math is horrible. But maybe we'll continue to have the Saints number and end up at 10-6 like I was hoping. Oh well.

So that puts us at a very optimistic 10-6 with what I hope to be a Wildcard spot. I'll say it's possible though.

You have five losses listed, with the two already there that is 9-7, just saying. I think 10-6 or 9-7 is still possible, but I got hit in the head this weekend and the Skins barely beat the Bucs, at home. So 6-10 is just as possible.

You have five losses listed, with the two already there that is 9-7, just saying. I think 10-6 or 9-7 is still possible, but I got hit in the head this weekend and the Skins barely beat the Bucs, at home. So 6-10 is just as possible.

Haha yea.. I don't count so good.:doh:

You guys are probably going to hate me but this is how i see it.

Panthers - L

Chiefs - W

Eagles - L

Falcons - L

Broncos - L

Cowboys - L

Eagles - L

Saints - BIG L

Raiders - W

Giants - L

Cowboys - L

Chargers - L

4-12. Just dont see how were going to beat any good teams when our "o" is this bad and our "d" cant get teams off the field. Im really not looking forward to that saints game.

I think we made big strides in the 2nd half yesterday. Zorn looked like he actually made adjustments and so did Blache. We put up 16 unanswered and held the Bucs to 3 points in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for their 1st possesion when they only had to go 10 yards, the Bucs probably would've only had 6 points yesterday. Our defense played much better on 3rd down. We made some progress yesterday. We're not out of the woods yet, but at least we have some positives now. I can see us going 9-7.

My heart wants to believe that things will turn around, and we will win all, or nearly all of our games for the rest of the season. We will go deep into the playoffs. The offense will start lighting defenses up. The defense will start blitzing more, and stopping teams on 3rd down. Jason Campbell will be named a Pro-Bowler. There will be talk of Zorn getting Coach of the Year honors for the amazing job he did turning the Redskins around...and all will be right with the world.

However a more realistic outcome is the Redskins finish 6-10, winning 4 more games. Beating Dallas once, Philly once, the Raiders, and KC at home.

I hope that I'm wrong.

I voted with my head and not my heart, 6-10. The good news is that we're undefeated at home, but the bad news is that we barely beat winless teams by 2 & 3 points. The offense just isn't coming around the way it should be.

The defense is terrible, except against weak teams. Blache is too conservative and needs to be more aggressive in calling blitzes. The defense should have improved getting Haynesworth, but it created another hole by forcing Orakpo into playing linebacker, so this years defense won't be as good as last years, especially with an offense that keeps shooting itself in the foot.

I voted 14-2 cuz I BELIEVE! but looking at the schedule...

Panthers W (3-2)

Chiefs W (4-2)

Eagles W (5-2)

Falcons L (5-3)

Broncos L (5-4)

Cowboys L (5-5)

Eagles W (6-5)

Saints L (6-6)

Raiders W (7-6)

Giants L (7-7)

Cowboys W (8-7)

Chargers (If they sit starters) W (9-7)

7-9 and that's optimistic... considering the teams we've played and our moments of success being so fleeting, I just don't think we'll match up well with the stronger half of our schedule... the few things we did well in the second half of the bucs will be schemed against by DC's and we'll have no answer... same as last year..

I voted 5-11. But 6-10 is quite possible.

Figure we can be competitive with the Chiefs, Panthers and Raiders. I think those games will come down the wire, and we win either 1 or 2 of those.

And I think we can split with Dallas. They aren't very good either.

And then I'm giving us one other random win where we are the other team's "trap" game.

But I can't see us really being any kind of threat to the other teams on our schedule. Especially if we lose another Olineman.

Archived