Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs 3.0

Retire 21

Just a curious question; why so high on "Chuckie?"

By his own admission, he benefited that first year in Tampa from Coach Dungy's hard work, and did next to nothing of note after that.

Hail.

Gruden didn't have much to work with in Tampa Bay. The Bucs gave up 2 first round picks just to get Gruden. He was the last decent coach the Raiders had.

Let him be with his family, and to the Gibbs 2 bashers, he was damn sight better than Norv, Spurrier or this joke of a HC Zorn

I don't think anybody thinks Gibbs II was worse than Norv, Spurrier, or what Zorn has done so far.

Unfortunately, there is a pretty big gap between what those guys did and actually being good.

I am being 100% serious:

Is anyone else ready for this? When he left we were on the precipice, he was building a TEAM, unity that was beyond the reproach of such hooligans of Snyder and Cerrato.

never. We were actually on the verge of great things in 2005. 2006 would have been our big year had Joe not felt like we had to change the whole offense. He was too blinded to realize it was Scott Brunell breaking down at the end of the season, not his offense, that was the problem.

never. We were actually on the verge of great things in 2005. 2006 would have been our big year had Joe not felt like we had to change the whole offense. He was too blinded to realize it was Scott Brunell breaking down at the end of the season' date=' not his offense, that was the problem.[/quote']Scott? :hysterical:

Just a curious question; why so high on "Chuckie?"

By his own admission, he benefited that first year in Tampa from Coach Dungy's hard work, and did next to nothing of note after that.

Hail.

Aside from his AWESOME facial expression? I can just see it now...

"Hail To Chucky"

But think about it...he BUILT that team in Oakland...probably why it was so easy for his Bucs team to dismantle it in the Super Bowl.

So in a way, he got TWO teams to the Super Bowl...

Please tell me that Skins fans haven't become delusional enough to think that Joe is coming back for a 3rd time. Well it looks like one has. :doh:

I love the man but he turns 69 next month and is a diabetic. We all want the Gibbs 1.0 years back, but they'll never return so give it up already, it's long been time to move on. Whatever the starter if this thread is smoking, I don't want any.

No. Much as I love Gibbs we need to be successful without him. What we do need to have is a relationship where the owner defers to the coach and the players really do recognize that the coach is boss. I think that's why execution is sloppy and you hear these little bickerings. Players think they are more important than the coach. That's a bad attitude.

this is why i think that zorn is failing as a head coach.

No way.

He's done as a coach in the NFL -- and if you couldn't tell by Gibbs v2.0 you're delusional.

Just leave it be. He brought the Redskins the most successful years in franchise history. It was great. But that era is long, long gone and the organization needs to move forward.

It'll never happen. (Just like I told everyone in 2003.) :cool:

Just for the sake of discussion though, I know some here think the game passed him by but I'd welcome Gibbs 3.0 in a heartbeat. Since he left in the early 90s, weve never one single time had a coach with as much heart, guts, and true team spirit as we had in Joe Jackson Gibbs. He's earned the right to coach this team anytime and for as long or short as he wants.

Heck, he can even call timeout when we don't have one every now and then. I'm even cool with Gibbs 3.0: Slightly Senile. :)

Gibbs will only come back if he needs more money for his NASCAR team. I have suspicions that Gibbs only came back for that $20 million just for that reason, because the Gibbs prowling the sidelines from 2004-07 wasn't the same Gibbs from the 80s...not even close.

Archived