Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs 3.0

Retire 21

I am being 100% serious:

Is anyone else ready for this? When he left we were on the precipice, he was building a TEAM, unity that was beyond the reproach of such hooligans of Snyder and Cerrato. Those aforementioned clowns have now laid all that to waste. Next year will be a new year with, most likely, a new head coach. Enter Joe Gibbs. THE head coach of THE Washington Redskins.

Whose with me? Hail.

RIP 21

What Snyder needs to realize is that we were successful with Gibbs because he took control of the roster and overrode Vinny on all decisions. That why players played hard. We another "Gibbs" personality at head coach and we will be fine. In other words Vinny's gotta go.

What Snyder needs to realize is that we were successful with Gibbs because he took control of the roster and overrode Vinny on all decisions. That why players played hard. We another "Gibbs" personality at head coach and we will be fine. In other words Vinny's gotta go.
I would argue that any success we had under Gibbs was because he was a phenomenal leader of men, but not because of him taking control of the roster.

Gibbs oversaw us trading away a 3rd and 4th for Brandon Lloyd, a 3rd round pick for T.J. Duckett, a 3rd round pick for Brunell, and a 1st, 3rd, and 4th round pick for Campbell.

Not the best future roster management, to say the least.

I do agree that we need a different sort of leadership personality as our HC right now than what Zorn/Blache are providing though.

It would be nice if the great Coach Joe Gibbs was still leading the team into battle on the gridiron, but I think those days have passed for good this time. The Redskins must start anew with someone with alike character, fire, and desire to win.

HTTR

No. Much as I love Gibbs we need to be successful without him. What we do need to have is a relationship where the owner defers to the coach and the players really do recognize that the coach is boss. I think that's why execution is sloppy and you hear these little bickerings. Players think they are more important than the coach. That's a bad attitude.

Oh hell no.

Gibbs 2.0 (aka Gibbslite) was a failure.

Why would anyone want to even think about a 3.0?

The sorry state of our Front Office: Joe Gibbs' fault for not revamping things (aka getting rid of Vinny) and hiring a serious and respected personnel man to get find talent.

Sorry state of the Oline: Joe Gibbs' fault for ignoring the line in his drafts and trying to fill in with spare parts. Think about this, Gibbs' only contribution to our offensive line was bringing in Casey "I like to end promising drives" Rabach. The Oline for the balance of the Gibbs era were all holdovers from before he got there (Samuels, Dockery, Thomas, Jansen). When Dockery left in FA his brillant idea was to have Todd Wade fill in at guard (a position he never played before) and when that failed he threw draft picks at ancient Pete Kendall.

I won't even get into the whole Mark Brunell joke.

Let Gibbs stay in retirement. He did nothing but reinforce Danny's mantra of "we just need a tweak here and a tweak there and we'll win the Super Bowl".

31-36

Enough said.

He should have time with his family.

As far as Gibbs 2.0 was concerned, I think he was clearly the best head coach we've had here since, well, Gibbs 1.0.

But I don't think he was nearly as good in his role as President of the team. Obviously a lot of draft picks were thrown away which has really caught up with us. And, above all, there was no continuity plan or successor in place, which is how we ended up with a QB coach in charge. So those are major failures as president of an organization.

The difference between Gibbs 2.0 and Zorn is this...

Last week in the first quarter Zorn went for it on 4th down...

Gibbs would have had Jason Campbell taken 3 steps back and kneel down on the ball on 3rd down so as not to risk a penalty, then he would have kicked the field goal...

I want Gruden!!!! he has ALOT of years left...heck, he could be coach for 15 years for us!

Archived