Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Garcia anyone?(Merged)

RedskinsSuperBowl21

If you seriously think he's playing to the standard of a top 10 QB, your standards are WAY lower than mine.

Leading an offense to a serious lack of scoring, the fumble problems returning, what should be 4 INT's, one a pick six were it not for a poor Lions secondary on two successive plays last week, continued slow reads and broken plays when it counts; but behold, were moving the ball between the twenties, and the (b/s) QB rating doesn't lie. :doh:

Oh, and he's led his team, (like it or not, he's the QB, and the leader. It's what they get paid the bucks for), to one win out of three, by getting them in position to put up a whopping NINE points on the SB bound Rams. (I'm still not laughing at that one either.).

And nice distorting of my post to have me having no one else accountable on this anemic O, despite what I said. :doh:

Your sitting there straight faced and saying his play is top ten worthy, regardless of what the rankings say?

SERIOUSLY?

Hail.

Not me the stats.

The same stats that say we are almost dead last in rushing and have zero rushing td's by the offense. We have 1 by the punter :hysterical:

We have not had a 100 yard rusher in 12 games

Why is this not a concern?

I would rather figure out why we have not had a 100 yard rusher than bench a 92 rated qb.

Who said it wasn't?

Hail.

You

How does the most important person on this or any other team, your leader, your QB, the man who sets everything in motion, have "no bearing" on why the offense isn't scoring? :whoknows:

We can't run the ball to press in '09, no question.

Equally, we've had little production through the air. And by production, I'm alluding to those pesky point thingies that win you games. And not every play in the precious RZ has been a run. If the run games not working, very good or better QB's pick up the slack and get it done.

'09 is no different to the previous 3 years he's started in that respect.

And no, he's not the only problem by any means on the offensive unit. And I include our very amateur HC in that, as he likes to take charge of the O.

But he sure is a MAJOR one, and has been for a lot longer than this embryonic season.

Hail.

No running game would be a major concern. Blaming the qb cause we only have 4 offensive td's is not. We know why we aint scoring. We can't run the ball!!!!

We are 1 dimensional and predictable inside the redzone. Run left Run left for no gain.

You

No running game would be a major concern. Blaming the qb cause we only have 4 offensive td's is not. We know why we aint scoring. We can't run the ball!!!!

We are 1 dimensional and predictable inside the redzone. Run left Run left for no gain.

:doh:

I don't know why I'm asking, as your ignoring the point on the offense as a whole and fixating on the lack of a serious running threat these first three games in '09, but does the above account for the lack of scoring his previous 36 starts too?

Hail.

:doh:

I don't know why I'm asking, as your ignoring the point on the offense as a whole and fixating on the lack of a serious running threat these first three games in '09, but does the above account for the lack of scoring his previous 36 starts too?

Hail.

Nope. My analysis has nothing to do with last year or the year before that.. Just what is happening this year. If the numbers and play on the field said bench JC I would be screaming it from the rafters as well.

The facts show all the good offenses can run the ball. We have always had success when we ran the ball.

Some one needs to start scoring some rushing td's. We can't get the yard when it matters let alone when it doesn't. We have to rely on Jason just to be in games and your blaming him for the fact that we had a chance but lost cause we couldn't even go 1 yard to score a TD.

JC does not have to be Peyton Manning. We just needs a balanced offense.

Nope. My analysis has nothing to do with last year. Just what this year. If the numbers and play on the field said bench JC I would be screaming it from the rafters as well.

The facts show all the good offenses can run the ball. We have always had success when we ran the ball.

Some one needs to start scoring some rushing td's. We can't get the yard when it matters let alone when it doesn't. We have to rely on Jason just to be in games and your blaming him for the fact that we had a chance cause we couldn't even go 1 yard to score a TD.

JC does not have to be Peyton Manning. We just needs a balanced offense.

Wasn't aware I put the blame on him for last week's opening drive leaving points on the field, but whatever fits, shrugs.

We never will have a balanced scoring offense, if you want to go off facts. Last year for example we ran the ball well, and ended up leaning it almost solely to our folly down the stretch as we had zero threat through the air, and opposing D's focused on the only threat we did have.

In 39 starts, we've had little scoring threat to speak of from him. It's nothing new to '09 because the run game isn't getting it done.

He's playing better ball this year, but that's saying little, particularly when it comes to scoring production. Or the ability to process everything quick enough and make the right decision within that.

But the very misleading stats say we've got a top ten QB so all's well with the QB play, regardless of what's been left on the field.

Hail.

Why is it JC's fault our rushing game is almost ranked DEAD LAST

Really? You don't know? That proves your ignorance. If we had a QB that defenses actually respected and feared, that would open up the running game, period. When you have a QB that does little more than hand off or dump the ball off to game plan against, it makes it very easy to stop the opposing offense.

You keep bringing up stats about his so called production. The truth of the matter is that he has produced next to squat when the game really mattered or was on the line. Once the game is out of reach and the defense is in prevent, he's the man. Hence where your skewed stats come from. Interesting how his best passing stat games are losses, hmmm?

However, the main stat, the only stat that matters, the one you are refusing to look at is the stat for WINS. You know, the object of the game? Take a look at that stat. Even in the years when our running game is lights out, he still can't deliver that stat. We aren't talking about three games; we're talking about three years plus.

Now, if you get a QB behind center that can read a defense, find open WR's, doesn't hold on to the ball forever, and can accurately pass the ball more than 15 yards down the field, I guarantee you that the running game AND the line will look 100% better. It starts with the field general, and JC could not lead a lemming.

Garcia is a master of the west coast offense. He can't run anything else, but he can run that offense to a T.

However, I do agree with those pointing out that our OL is leaking like a sieve, and Garcia does tend to take hits when he's got pressure.

I always have liked the way he plays though. He has more heart then our entire team is displaying right now, and one thing is for sure with Garcia, he leaves every ounce of fight he's got out there on the field. You'll never see him quit.

~Bang

• 3 weeks later...

I said this before the season. We don't have "the answer" at QB, may as well bring in a Vet that understand the west coast offense to groom whoever we draft next year.

Keep in mind Redskin fans, we have to sign SOMEONE no matter what we do. Campbell is gone at the end of the year. We have no starting QB next season.

He's a west coast QB who's been very productive over the years. Could he be any worse than Collins and Campbell?

Why we didn't grab him the moment he became available is an absolute mystery.........but then again it would have made perfect sense, which is clearly something this organization hasn't the ability to execute.

Hopefully they'll see the light and folks here will see what can happen with even a serviceable QB under center.

I fully understand JC is not the only problem, but he's a big one.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Time to fess up.

Archived