Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Garcia anyone?(Merged)

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I don't know. We could trade the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 first round picks for Peyton Manning and still suck. The offense just doesn't have any explosiveness. Only have 2 weapons in the passing game (Moss and Cooley) and Portis is not up to par. Pretty easy to defend.

Well, if they commit to starting Collins next week, he needs to have a backup behind him if things don't work out and/or he gets injured. I dont think that should be Campbell.

I think they should sign Garcia because he could finish the year if Collins has to be benched, and he would get us through next season while our new QB that we get (either traded for, FA signing, or draft pick) learns the offense and presumably the new coach.

Signing Garcia would not be a bad idea. Other guys will be out there too in the offseason. Culpepper would be a decent spot starter until the new guy is ready...Chase is still out there and don't count CB5 out of the mix next season as he will be healthy and itching to play....

really? philly has mcnabb, kolb who was fire, and vick....wo would u drop for garcia?

that said i agree, lets sign him

Well I believe that happened a season or so before they got Vick.

Anyway, McNabb, Garcia, Kolb. Looks good to me.

EDIT: I was talking about when they first had him a couple season ago. Not this season.

i said this in the offseason...if nothing else he would have been able to push Campbell in a way I don't think Collins can...plus he is a mobile QB and with our line thats a must....then you keep him around next year to push whomever (rookie, colt, etc) is going to captain the snydertanic

A better idea will be to get Michael Vick. The guy can scramble, and even if (or should I say when) he gets pulverized by the opposing D, people will thank the Redskins for letting him get destroyed! It's a win-win situation!

Unfortunately Vick is currently under contract and Garcia is mowing lawns for a living.

Bringing Vick in, assuming Philly would let him go, would require giving up way too much.........(and based on history is probably why Danny would go after him)

Garcia costs us nothing...........but could pay immediate dividends.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

A better idea will be to get Michael Vick. The guy can scramble, and even if (or should I say when) he gets pulverized by the opposing D, people will thank the Redskins for letting him get destroyed! It's a win-win situation!

Dude I'll take TO on the team before I accept Vick. I guess Antarctica must of fallen off the Earth from global warming and landed in Hell.

Its too late to salvage the season at this point. The Redskins should have picked up Garcia 3 weeks ago.

At this point with 4 losses and a sieve for an offensive line, and the WORST play calling going on in history, as well as a disfunctional team with no leadership and no clue who is going to be the next leader....

Lets talk about next year.

well, 2-4 isn't the end of the season yet.

Let's consider the following.

A) The Skins still haven't played the rest of the NFC East schedule.

B) The Saints, Falcons, and Broncos are still ahead (Only 1 loss between the three)

C) The Skins are dead last in the division.

D) The Vikings are still undefeated.

Unless the following teams have complete meltdowns: MIN, ARZ, PHI, NYG, SF, CHI, ATL, NO, DAL

And we win the rest of our games.....this season is done for.

I thought about that and would've agreed a couple of hours ago. After thinking a lot about it, he does some similar things that makes Campbell unsuccessful in the WCO. Garcia doesn't necessarily play within the system. He moves around in the pocket and disrupts the timing of the plays 70% of the time. He drives coaches crazy b/c he sort of "wings it" out there, hence the reason he bounces around the league. Garcia can be great and create down-field but he's not the answer here in D.C. He's no better of an option than Collins and Campbell especially considering the O line's inability to sustain blocks. :2cents:

Archived