Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Garcia anyone?(Merged)

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I have not posted in a long time.

Please read it all..thx

Jeff Garcia was great down the stretch for Philadelphia in 2006 when Mcnabb went down. Granted, 3 years has passed since then but our fan based has a win now mentality.

Garcia is very good in the West Coast system and he would instantly provide us with the ability to spread the ball to open recievers.

Zorn's system is getting recievers open, bottomline

Keep Garcia 1-2 years while we draft some linemen and a franchise QB in the next 2 drafts.

I think Campbell should play the rest of the year out so he can have a real chance to prove himself in his contract year, that being said I don't think he's the guy and most fans and players recognize that. However, our problems are running deeper than just QB (although that's a major one).

We'd be better off just holding off until the end of the year and letting the new coach decide who he wants to draft.

Quarterback is far, far, far, far, far, far, far from the problem!

Seacrest, OUT!

Unfortunately, some people on here think that replacing JC solves all the problems. I just dont see it. Is Garcia going to run routes past the first down marker? Is he going not give receivers a ten yard cushion? I could keep listing the problems and issues. Changing the quarterback wont help this team.

Top 3 teams in scoring

1.NO Saints - rushing is 2nd in the league 170+ yards a game

2.Ravens - rushing 5th in the league 157+ yards a game

3.Cowboys - rushing 1st in the league 190+ yards a game

28. Redskins - 24th rushing 90 yards a game

Top 3 teams in rushing td's

1.Ravens 7

2.Cowboys 5

2.Saints 5

23. Redskins 1 by the punter

None of this matters?

All 3 top scoring teams in the nfl right now avg 100 yards a game as a team on the ground. We drove 75 yards on our first drive against the Lions and could not get 1 yard rushing for the TD. We had 0 rushing yards in the first half!!!! We have not had a 100 yard rusher in 12 games and we are 24th in rushing and avg less than 100 yards a game as a team.

None of that matters?

I don't know why people are bashing our psasing game. It is all the offense we have right now. We have ZERO rushing game. And till we do we will not score many points. Especially when we cant punch it in from the freaking goal line!!

The point is people want to tear down the only thing working, Our top 10 rated qb and 11 rated passing game. Why don't we try to fix out 24th ranked rushing game first and see how a multi dimensional offense looks?

Some offensive passing stats

We are 9th in avg yards a play at 7.7

2nd in 1st% 42.7% of passes are first downs!!!!

12th in plays over 20+ yards

4th in first downs

10th yards a game at 249. 60+ yards more than last year

5th in completion percentage!!!!!!

And top 10 in every other stat!!!!

Imagine of we had a 100 yard rusher on top of that!!!!!

Every one is concerned about the QB, where is the concern over the lack of rushing game?

your kidding right?

what do you see in Quinn? besides the fact that hes a Golden Boy QB from Notre Dame?

I think the guy is a better leader and has far more football IQ than Jason.

He was better coached in college and is less of a project than most people think.

If Cleveland is willing to give up on him and Jason is 99% leaving at the end of the season why not trade him to Mangini, he was interested in the offseason. (cutler deal) At least we would keep Quinn for a few years under contract and could avoid having to spend next years #1 on a QB when we clearly need OLine help.

Top 3 teams in scoring

1.NO Saints - rushing is 2nd in the league 170+ yards a game

2.Ravens - rushing 5th in the league 157+ yards a game

3.Cowboys - rushing 1st in the league 190+ yards a game

28. Redskins - 24th rushing 90 yards a game

Top 3 teams in rushing td's

1.Ravens 7

2.Cowboys 5

2.Saints 5

23. Redskins 1 by the punter

None of this matters?

All 3 top scoring teams in the nfl right now avg 100 yards a game as a team on the ground. We drove 75 yards on our first drive against the Lions and could not get 1 yard rushing for the TD. We had 0 rushing yards in the first half!!!! We have not had a 100 yard rusher in 12 games and we are 24th in rushing and avg less than 100 yards a game as a team.

None of that matters?

I don't know why people are bashing our psasing game. It is all the offense we have right now. We have ZERO rushing game. And till we do we will not score many points. Especially when we cant punch it in from the freaking goal line!!

The point is people want to tear down the only thing working, Our top 10 rated qb and 11 rated passing game. Why don't we try to fix out 24th ranked rushing game first and see how a multi dimensional offense looks?

Some offensive passing stats

We are 9th in avg yards a play at 7.7

2nd in 1st% 42.7% of passes are first downs!!!!

12th in plays over 20+ yards

4th in first downs

10th yards a game at 249. 60+ yards more than last year

5th in completion percentage!!!!!!

And top 10 in every other stat!!!!

Imagine of we had a 100 yard rusher on top of that!!!!!

Every one is concerned about the QB, where is the concern over the lack of rushing game?

This might be the post of the year...well said, standing ovation!

Quarterback is far, far, far, far, far, far, far from the problem!

Geez, your head must be buried that deep in the sand you must be able to see Australia already.

As to the OP, no thank you. A 39 year old almost mirror image of what we have would be a sideways step and hardly the upgrade we need. Garcia's never had a real good run save for when he had Me-O bailing him out back in his '9ers days.

As a side note, I wonder if a few years down the line some other poor saps will be asking "Jason Campbell anyone?" after he's bounced from team to team, covering as an emergency back-up who'll not lose you many games, but won't win you many either.

A bit like Garcia's career. Without the starts after he leaves here.

Hail.

considering zorn called 5 rushing plays in the first half, tough to amass much yardage. that being said, i think our run game is suffering from 3 factors:

oline isnt getting good push

portis looks out of shape

playcalling for runs is abysmal

someone posted a stat that 87% of our running plays have been going to the left. im all for leaning on our better side of the line, but my god, thats ridiculous.

we came out throwing last week and continued to do so. portis actually started picking it up in the 2nd half, so hopefully we can see old school portis this week.

if he doesnt go for 100+ this weekend, my doubts about CP are going to be severely increased.

Geez, your head must be buried that deep in the sand you must be able to see Australia already.

As to the OP, no thank you. A 39 year old almost mirror image of what we have would be a sideways step and hardly the upgrade we need. Garcia's never had a real good run save for when he had Me-O bailing him out back in his '9ers days.

As a side note, I wonder if a few years down the line some other poor saps will be asking "Jason Campbell anyone?" after he's bounced from team to team, covering as an emergency back-up who'll not lose you many games, but won't win you many either.

A bit like Garcia's career. Without the starts after he leaves here.

Hail.

at least garcia knows the WCO like the back of his hand. hes had winning records with the last two teams he started for didnt he?

considering zorn called 5 rushing plays in the first half, tough to amass much yardage. that being said, i think our run game is suffering from 3 factors:

oline isnt getting good push

portis looks out of shape

playcalling for runs is abysmal

someone posted a stat that 87% of our running plays have been going to the left. im all for leaning on our better side of the line, but my god, thats ridiculous.

we came out throwing last week and continued to do so. portis actually started picking it up in the 2nd half, so hopefully we can see old school portis this week.

if he doesnt go for 100+ this weekend, my doubts about CP are going to be severely increased.

I am with you. I dunno what it is but I am telling you it is the root to why we are struggling. And hope we fix it soon. We can not win not running the ball.

at least garcia knows the WCO like the back of his hand. hes had winning records with the last two teams he started for didnt he?

Put he also had a decent OL and coaches too. Zorn is nowhere near Reid or Gruden. I don't think JC has been the problem so far. We can't run the ball and we can't stop teams on 3rd down. We fix those 2 problems, we should see more points and more wins.

Put he also had a decent OL and coaches too. Zorn is nowhere near Reid or Gruden. I don't think JC has been the problem so far. We can't run the ball and we can't stop teams on 3rd down. We fix those 2 problems, we should see more points and more wins.

That is the truth. Our top 2 reasons we are losing.

We can't score a td from the 1!!!!

And the D let Lions drive all over us all day and score the winning td on a 8 play 85 yard drive late in the 4th.

Collins, to take from the great man, is "super smart" at picking up systems, and by all accounts knows this one in year two like he knew Saunders.

Why bring in another (career average) vet., who'd be a marginal upgrade on the current career VERY average starter, when we could just as well give Todd a shot to salvage something for the remainder of the year? (And God damn this fricking organization for yet again having us in "salvage" talk after 3 fricking games. :mad:).

Hail.

Collins, to take from the great man, is "super smart" at picking up systems, and by all accounts knows this one in year two like he knew Saunders.

Why bring in another (career average) vet., who'd be a marginal upgrade on the current career VERY average starter, when we could just as well give Todd a shot to salvage something for the remainder of the year? (And God damn this fricking organization for yet again having us in "salvage" talk after 3 fricking games. :mad:).

Hail.

How bout we find a RB and some lineman?

Seems like blocking and the running game are the major failures of 2009's offense. Not the passing game.

I am with you. I dunno what it is but I am telling you it is the root to why we are struggling. And hope we fix it soon. We can not win not running the ball.

even when our run game was dominant last year we still couldnt score points though, which again is always my #1 problem with this team. portis rushes for 175 on cleveland and we score 14 points. WTF?

either way, theres so much wrong with this offense right now its impossible to know where to start. would the run game be better if the pass game was better? vice versa? is the run playcalling good but its not executing? has portis lost it? is the oline terrible? theres a million questions, the only thing i know is: its one big mess.

I totally agree, no one seems to realize that Portis, performance has been inadequate this year. Which is the same guy who criticized Riggo in the off season. Last time I checked Campbell threw for over 300 plus yards

Exactly.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/sep/30/redskins-insider-still-running-on-empty/

A team that last year averaged 130.9 rushing yards (eighth in the NFL) and 4.4 an attempt (tied for seventh) has seen its production drop to 91.7 (24th) and 4.0.

Portis has 47 carries for 183 yards and no touchdowns. It's the worst three-game start since his rookie year (27 carries for 149 yards)

Of Portis' 47 attempts, 24 have gained fewer than 3 yards, including seven that have lost yardage. Against the Lions, Portis broke runs of 12 and 14 yards but also had gains of 0, minus 2, minus 3, 1, 1 and 1.

The Redskins rushed for 0 yards in the first half.

I totally agree, no one seems to realize that Portis, performance has been inadequate this year. Which is the same guy who criticized Riggo in the off season. Last time I checked Campbell threw for over 300 plus yards

We ran him into the ground the past few years, and I think we are seeing the damage that has been done after all those 1.5-2.5 yard carries. The man is beat up. Time to try and dump him off for whatever we can get and move on. I like CP just as much as the rest of us but when its time its time. Take a look at the 3 headed monster down in dallas. They are averaging 193.7 yard per game, even with barber missing games and felix jones hurt.

Archived