Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Garcia anyone?(Merged)

RedskinsSuperBowl21

How bout we find a RB and some lineman?

Seems like blocking and the running game are the major failures of 2009's offense. Not the passing game.

Without question the run games been little short of pathetic this year.

But from an offense led by a QB that's apparently not a problem, a grand total of 3 offensive TD's in 12 quarters of play, one a give up late one by the Giants at that; well, the passing game ultimately isn't up to much production wise either.

Whatever way you cut it, and Zorn's b/s scheme and our lack of a run game are obviously contributory factors, that's a piss poor output from all concerned.

Hail.

even when our run game was dominant last year we still couldnt score points though, which again is always my #1 problem with this team. portis rushes for 175 on cleveland and we score 14 points. WTF?

either way, theres so much wrong with this offense right now its impossible to know where to start. would the run game be better if the pass game was better? vice versa? is the run playcalling good but its not executing? has portis lost it? is the oline terrible? theres a million questions, the only thing i know is: its one big mess.

Last year. We were 8th in rushing and down right pathetic in passing 189yrds a game.

We are avg 249 yrds a game this year passing. Thats is 11th.

We are 24th, the bottom quarter of teams, In rushing this year. Our passing game is getting us in the redzone, and to the goal line, and our running game has given us no help despite run after run in the redzone.

We couldn't get the 1 yard TD in the Lions game.

Your a smart guy, but alot of times you looks past the obvious. The run game is missing. let's fix it and see if we score more, not say well last year yadda yadda yadda.

Without question the run games been little short of pathetic this year.

But from an offense led by a QB that's apparently not a problem, a grand total of 3 offensive TD's in 12 quarters of play, one a give up late one by the Giants at that; well, the passing game ultimately isn't up to much production wise either.

Whatever way you cut it, and Zorn's b/s scheme and our lack of a run game are obviously contributory factors, that's a piss poor output from all concerned.

Hail.

Some offensive passing stats

We are 9th in avg yards a play at 7.7

2nd in 1st% 42.7% of passes are first downs!!!!

12th in plays over 20+ yards

4th in first downs

10th yards a game at 249. 60+ yards more than last year

5th in completion percentage!!!!!!

And top 10 in every other stat!!!!

But if our passing game is 11th or better in many statistical categories, and we can move the ball into the redzone, why are we not scoring?

Well being almost dead last in rushing and rushing td's might have alot to do with it. Considering that the top 3 scoring offenses all lead the league in rushing and rushing td's

But if our passing game is 11th or better in many statistical categories, and we can move the ball into the redzone, why are we not scoring?

Well being almost dead last in rushing and rushing td's might have alot to do with it. Considering that the top 3 scoring offenses all lead the league in rushing and rushing td's

All very valid, apart from when talking about the current starter of the B&G.

Scoring TD's through the air isn't a problem Jason's had in either Zorn's offense, or this year with as yet no compliment to the passing game.

It's a problem he's had right through his 39 game pro career, regardless.

He is what he is. A QB that plays to not lose, rather than win, games; and whom needs everyone else around him to pull him through.

Hail.

Last year. We were 8th in rushing and down right pathetic in passing 189yrds a game.

We are avg 249 yrds a game this year passing. Thats is 11th.

We are 24th, the bottom quarter of teams, In rushing this year. Our passing game is getting us in the redzone, and to the goal line, and our running game has given us no help despite run after run in the redzone.

We couldn't get the 1 yard TD in the Lions game.

Your a smart guy, but alot of times you looks past the obvious. The run game is missing. let's fix it and see if we score more, not say well last year yadda yadda yadda.

all my point was is that no matter what facet of our offense looks good or bad, the team never scores. when we run and cant pass, we cant score. when we pass and cant run, we cant score.

the run game sucks right now. are you asserting that if we fix it we will score more?

All very valid, apart from when talking about the current starter of the B&G.

Scoring TD's through the air isn't a problem Jason's had in either Zorn's offense, or this year with as yet no compliment to the passing game.

It's a problem he's had right through his 39 game pro career, regardless.

He is what he is. A QB that plays to not lose, rather than win, games; and whom needs everyone else around him to pull him through.

Hail.

That is all fine and dandy but has no bearing on why this current offense is not scoring.

The rushing game is not the only reason but the biggest. And if we had a running game like the other power house scoring teams in the league it would not matter how many TD's Campbell is throwing.

The top 3 teams in rushing td's have more rushing td's each than we have td's as a team. We are almost dead last in rushing yrds a game and rushing td's

I understand you don't think Campbell can score us td's. He aint losing us games. The lack of any rushing game is.

They had 0 rushing yards in the first half last week. They could not even score from the 1.

Lets fix the rushing game and see how it helps our offense. Or we can make decisions based on the past and not the reality now.

We can't run the ball.

all my point was is that no matter what facet of our offense looks good or bad, the team never scores. when we run and cant pass, we cant score. when we pass and cant run, we cant score.

the run game sucks right now. are you asserting that if we fix it we will score more?

I believe my exact words is it would be nice to see how we do with a rushing game.

4th in first downs

Imagine of we had a 100 yard rusher on top of that!!!!!

Every one is concerned about the QB, where is the concern over the lack of rushing game?

Right now we are 24th in rushing and 11th in passing. What would you fix?

I believe my exact words is it would be nice to see how we do with a rushing game.

Right now we are 24th in rushing and 11th in passing. What would you fix?

ive already agreed, the rushing game needs to be fixed. still not sure were gonna score any points though, which is my biggest concern.

lets see how the bucs game pans out. if we dont run all over them the offense is gonna be in even bigger trouble.

and again, those passing numbers are grossly inflated with 4th quarter junk drives. did you see the stats i posted for what campbells numbers look like when the team is down by 2 scores? its nuts.

ive already agreed, the rushing game needs to be fixed. still not sure were gonna score any points though, which is my biggest concern.

lets see how the bucs game pans out. if we dont run all over them the offense is gonna be in even bigger trouble.

Last year we were 23rd in passing.

This year we are 11th.

Be nice to have a rushing game go along with this and see what happens. You don't need to be sure. Just grade the offense on what they do this year. Not last. And this year the run is our issue.

and again, those passing numbers are grossly inflated with 4th quarter junk drives. did you see the stats i posted for what campbells numbers look like when the team is down by 2 scores? its nuts.

Why did you have to add the edit :doh:

You seriously want to debate garbage yards vs non garbage yards?

How bout this 0 rush yards in first half. We had a 75 yard drive. If our QB can drive us 75 yards and be stopped cause we could not get 1 yard rushing our QB did his job.

We have no running game. I don't care how garbage the passing game may be. We have no rushing game!!!!

That is all fine and dandy but has no bearing on why this current offense is not scoring.

The rushing game is not the only reason but the biggest. And if we had a running game like the other power house scoring teams in the league it would not matter how many TD's Campbell is throwing.

The top 3 teams in rushing td's have more rushing td's each than we have td's as a team. We are almost dead last in rushing yrds a game and rushing td's

I understand you don't think Campbell can score us td's. He aint losing us games. The lack of any rushing game is.

They had 0 rushing yards in the first half last week. They could not even score from the 1.

Lets fix the rushing game and see how it helps our offense. Or we can make decisions based on the past and not the reality now.

We can't run the ball.

How does the most important person on this or any other team, your leader, your QB, the man who sets everything in motion, have "no bearing" on why the offense isn't scoring? :whoknows:

We can't run the ball to press in '09, no question.

Equally, we've had little production through the air. And by production, I'm alluding to those pesky point thingies that win you games. And not every play in the precious RZ has been a run. If the run games not working, very good or better QB's pick up the slack and get it done.

'09 is no different to the previous 3 years he's started in that respect.

And no, he's not the only problem by any means on the offensive unit. And I include our very amateur HC in that, as he likes to take charge of the O.

But he sure is a MAJOR one, and has been for a lot longer than this embryonic season.

Hail.

How odes the most important person on this or any other team, your leader, your QB, the man who sets everything in motion, have "no bearing" on why the offense isn't scoring? :whoknows:

We can't run the ball to press in '09, no question.

Equally, we've had little production through the air. And by production, I'm alluding to those pesky point thingies that win you games. And not every play in the precious RZ has been a run. If the run games not working, very good or better QB's pick up the slack and get it done.

'09 is no different to the previous 3 years he's started in that respect.

And no, he's not the only problem by any means on the offensive unit. And I include our very amateur HC in that, as he likes to take charge of the O.

But he sure is a MAJOR one, and has been for a lot longer than this embryonic season.

Hail.

So our qb has PROGRESSED into a top 10 rated qb

Our rb is dead last and has ZERO td's

You could care less? You think the qb playing well should be canned any way? Shouldn't those producing be on the field and those not benched?

All of our scoring has been on the arm of JC.

This must be why players come here to collect a check. No accountability to actual production.

I bet you think it is a coincidence that the top 3 scoring offenses have the top 3 rushing offenses and top 3 in rushing td's

I have not posted in a long time.

Please read it all..thx

Jeff Garcia was great down the stretch for Philadelphia in 2006 when Mcnabb went down. Granted, 3 years has passed since then but our fan based has a win now mentality.

Garcia is very good in the West Coast system and he would instantly provide us with the ability to spread the ball to open recievers.

Zorn's system is getting recievers open, bottomline

Keep Garcia 1-2 years while we draft some linemen and a franchise QB in the next 2 drafts.

I hate to say it but yea. I'd take a look.

you do know brady quinn just got benched right?

Only reason I brought it up.

Think this deal would work for both teams, Cleveland gets to get rid of Brady's contract and we get a guy more suited to a WCO.

Lets face it Jason isn't going to be here next season and one more bad game and Todd Collins will be our starting QB.

Only reason I brought it up.

Think this deal would work for both teams, Cleveland gets to get rid of Brady's contract and we get a guy more suited to a WCO.

Lets face it Jason isn't going to be here next season and one more bad game and Todd Collins will be our starting QB.

:hysterical:

4th in first downs

And top 10 in every other stat!!

Really??? 1 more bad game and our top offensive weapon will be benched? Top 10 rated qb? When do we bench our 24th ranked RB?

:hysterical:

The whole post is the BEST. POST. EVER.

Thanks!!!! :cheers:

Unfortunately, some people on here think that replacing JC solves all the problems. I just dont see it. Is Garcia going to run routes past the first down marker? Is he going not give receivers a ten yard cushion? I could keep listing the problems and issues. Changing the quarterback wont help this team.

Seriously, do you ACTUALLY watch the games? If you watch the receivers, they are getting PLENTY of separation downfield, but Campbell fails to read the defense and find these open guys. THAT, my friends, is why it appears the receivers don't run past the first down marker. Campbell always goes to the safe, non-risky throw to the underneath guy. THAT is why he does not throw picks.

So our qb has PROGRESSED into a top 10 rated qb

Our rb is dead last and has ZERO td's

You could care less? You think the qb playing well should be canned any way? Shouldn't those producing be on the field and those not benched?

All of our scoring has been on the arm of JC.

This must be why players come here to collect a check. No accountability to actual production.

I bet you think it is a coincidence that the top 3 scoring offenses have the top 3 rushing offenses and top 3 in rushing td's

If you seriously think he's playing to the standard of a top 10 QB, your standards are WAY lower than mine.

Leading an offense to a serious lack of scoring, the fumble problems returning, what should be 4 INT's, one a pick six were it not for a poor Lions secondary on two successive plays last week, continued slow reads and broken plays when it counts; but behold, were moving the ball between the twenties, and the (b/s) QB rating doesn't lie. :doh:

Oh, and he's led his team, (like it or not, he's the QB, and the leader. It's what they get paid the bucks for), to one win out of three, by getting them in position to put up a whopping NINE points on the SB bound Rams. (I'm still not laughing at that one either.).

And nice distorting of my post to have me having no one else accountable on this anemic O, despite what I said. :doh:

Your sitting there straight faced and saying his play is top ten worthy, regardless of what the rankings say?

SERIOUSLY?

Hail.

Seriously, do you ACTUALLY watch the games? If you watch the receivers, they are getting PLENTY of separation downfield, but Campbell fails to read the defense and find these open guys. THAT, my friends, is why it appears the receivers don't run past the first down marker. Campbell always goes to the safe, non-risky throw to the underneath guy. THAT is why he does not throw picks.

Cool. So on top of that we still have the 11th ranked passing game?

Why is it JC's fault our rushing game is almost ranked DEAD LAST

Once again

4th in first downs

Archived