Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greetings from Australia

WVUforREDSKINS

Just flew in a few hours ago from LAX and I gotta say that Qatas is by FAR the best airline I have ever flown. Blows any US airline outta the water, it was a 13 hour flight and as soon as we lifted off they fed us a good meal and then followed it up with as much free alcohol that you could want. They also had TV shows, moives (top quality movies which you could select from about 30 and then watch on the screen directly in front of your seat), comfortable seats and down feathered pillows. I would rather fly Qantas for 20 hours than fly from National to JFK. It was that good. Of course I did sleep for several hours.

I have an eight hour layover and the directed me to a lounge where I was given the option of free internet, a shower, CNN on HD, and a food bar.

While drinking a Gin and Tonic and watching CNN Australia, the were showing the highlights from last nights Cowpukes and Panthers game. I am pretty sure that I was the only American in there because someone turned to three other people and said "I do not understand this game at all." Everyone agreed and I got a small laugh out of it.

Anyway, im bored as hell and thought I would sign on to say hi to my ES people. OK on route to Sydney in 30 min. Time to go bored the flight.

:logo:

Glad you had enjoyed the best international airline Australia has to offer.

FYI, mark down in your calendar the Redskins v Eagles game. It is live on Tuesday, 27th October, starting at 11.30am.

At this point in time, that is the only game we are guaranteed to get.

Assuming the scheduling remains as is, other certainties will be on Tuesday Dec 22 v NYGnats (which is MNF) starting here at lunchtime, followed by the Cowpukes game on Monday Dec 28 (SNF), also a lunchtime kick-off.

All the above will be shown on both pay-tv as well as FTA.

Oooh, I'm so jealous WVU!! Glad you enjoyed your long flight...live it up over there! Definitely travel to as many places as you possibly can over in that part of the world. And if you get a chance, hop a Singapore Airlines flight somewhere :D

Oh yeah, and take lots of pics :thumbsup:

Yeah ... long haul flights in coach treat you as well or better than business class on most domestic carriers.

Yep, just flew back from overseas a couple weeks ago and was treated better in coach than in first class on a domestic flight; I drank free wine and played Jeopardy for at least 6 hours before completely passing out, lol.

Nice! When I flew Hawian air to Guam the front half of the plane was a cargo compartment. We got a crappy little meal and no movies or anything else. Just 11 hours of horribly uncomfortable seats not unlike a greyhound bus.

Did you start your business there that would travel around the country collecting no money, yet bragging about how rich you are? :silly:

WVU would be through Customs by now, and on his way to his accommodation.

Hopefully, he can find a wireless hotspot and let us know how the last leg of his journey went.

WVU, FYI, try Gloria Jeans, Starbucks and McDonald's for wireless hotspots. You may have to purchase first, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Swissair and British Airways are the two best to me. Both have great service, amazing entertainment on board, and comfortable seats. I fly business class often, and the lounges before the flights are straight posh. Kick it in there on leather sofas watching CNN on a widescreen plasma, sipping free ****tails and beer, free snacks, free internet, free everything. I enjoy waiting for my flight more than anything, makes me feel important.

Enjoy yourself in New Zealand/Australia man. That's a part of the world I have yet to enjoy, always have wanted to go.

Just flew in a few hours ago from LAX and I gotta say that Qatas is by FAR the best airline I have ever flown.:logo:

I have not flown Qatas, but I used to be a 100k traveler on United Airlines a few years back. United used to have a pretty excellent international first class and a reasonable domestic service...

I don't fly as much as I used to, but I must say the United States Airline industry is like taking a bus ride in a third world country today. I wouldn't fly them unless I was going coast to coast. 1000 miles or less and I'm driving. First off the planes suck. Gone are the Boeing and Airbus jumbo jets. Today American carriers fly little brazilian sardine cans. Long narrow jobbers which pack people into confined spaces for hours at a time. Shoulder to shoulder, hip to hip, knee to chin.

Second off, the service is akin to what undergraduates recieve from the bursors office of large state Universities. It's non existant. It's all keyosks and god help you if the keyosk doesn't recognize your credit card or doesn't meet your needs...

The American Airline industry is a national joke, and disgrace. Glad to hear Qatas still an option, too bad they don't fly domestically or US to Europe routes. I also have heard good things about South West.

Swissair and British Airways are the two best to me. Both have great service, amazing entertainment on board, and comfortable seats. .

I've flown Swissair to the ME on a number of occassions. I didn't think they were anything special. They weren't terrible and that makes them better than 21st century American carriers..... WHO SUCK... But I didn't think Swissair was exceptional. They gave out a nice bootie bag, but other than that.

WVU if you're still there in Feb/March be sure to check out the Mardis Gras parade in Sydney. You will not be disappointed. ;)

Definately will!

Right now im watching the rugy game. I think the championship game Melbourne and Sydney is on in an hour. Still trying to understand all the rules, but I like it so far.

That'll be the Rugby League Grand Final - the Super Bowl if you like. Once again, it's state versus state. Melbourne Storm for me.

Next weekend you'll get to see the Bathurst 1000, Australia's most iconic motor race. 161 laps of a 6.21 km mountain circuit that is a public road any other time of the year.

Also keep in mind that we are another hour ahead of the US with daylight savings commencing earlier this morning.

YOu would immediatly post a new thread during ur layover, Its been a week since you rolled out and my way of checking to see how you're doing is to sign in on ES, good luck out there my dude P.s. can you send me some of those links to watch the game out here HOLLA!

Archived