Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memo to Men: Calling Women "Sluts" is Really, Really Stupid.

Hubbs

There was a bit of discussion about this in the 6% thread, but seeing as that's supposed to be about another subject entirely, I thought this warranted a thread of its own.

I will never, ever understand why my own gender is so incompetent that we haven't collectively figured out that calling women "sluts," "whores," etc. is incredibly dumb. Even if you toss out the massive double standard, there's a very simple reason for not using labels like that - it prevents you from getting laid more often.

Every night, countless men are reduced to flogging their own dolphin because girls don't want to be slapped with a label. It's a damn shame, and it's completely needless. We're not living in the Middle Ages. We all know that women have urges, just like men. To pretend that it's somehow wrong for them to act on those urges is not only backwards, it actually counters our own interests as men. We want women to be more sexually open. So why the hell do we put ourselves in this box of calling uninhibited girls whores?

This has been your public service announcement of the day.

tmyk.gif

I will never, ever understand why my own gender is so incompetent that we haven't collectively figured out that calling women "sluts," "whores," etc. is incredibly dumb. - it prevents you from getting laid more often.

I think if or when a guy calls a women a slut or whore, then he has no intention or desire of getting laid by her, anyway. Or if he has at least half a brain he wouldn't.

The one reason I have always slightly supported the double standard, is because it has long been accepted that most men are ready for sex all day every day. Women on the other hand, have long been regarded as having to be "in the mood".

In most sexual relationships, the male is the aggressor (at least at first), the male initiates it. Therefore it is normally up to the woman whether or not sex will happen. Thus a male who has sex with many women, is just fulfilling his gender role, while a woman who has sex with many men is doing the opposite, because society has made a womans gender role that of a passive one.

(disclaimer: I am not presenting this information as facts, merely the social norm for quite some time, I do agree the dynamic is changing and the double standard will very soon be completely useless. And I agree that most girls would give in to their urges more if they weren't living in fear of being labeled)

That being said.. I want to live in a land where women are pursuing sex as much as men. It would make things a whole lot easier :)

It stems from the underlying puritanical belief that sex is somehow dirty, wrong and meant for making babies only. It's created an incredibly twisted view of sexuality and women in our culture that is unhealthy and ass backwards. That burden, since that whole view of the world evolved from a male dominated society, has been placed on women. Personally, I hate it. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with a certain amount of promiscuity and sexual exploration. I believe it to be normal and natural and don't hold against anyone.

I think if or when a guy calls a women a slut or whore, then he has no intention or desire of getting laid by her, anyway. Or if he has at least half a brain he wouldn't.

Guy A calls girl B a slut.

Guy C tries to hit on girl B at a bar.

Girl B rejects Guy C because Guy A called her a slut and she is scared its true.

I think thats what the OP meant.

its the church's fault

no seriously. Even if men didn't call women demeaning names because of their sexual tendencies it (sexual promiscuity) would still be viewed with disfavor by some other moral compass (probably the church)

Well as long as that church is not favoring the same acts by men it is simply a moral stand.

Don't blame the church for being a man-whore:D

I told a female friend of mine, who I think the world of, that you can boil it all down to two simple realities for a time-saver---men are idiots and women are psychos. :D

Sounds about right...Women tend to over think things,while men tend to let their dick do their thinking for them.

I told a female friend of mine, who I think the world of, that you can boil it all down to two simple realities for a time-saver---men are idiots and women are psychos. :D
Sounds about right...Women tend to over think things,while men tend to let their dick do their thinking for them.

Well hey, at least some of us gals have no problem admitting we possibly might suffer from differing levels of psychotic tendencies in possible addition to issues with over-analyzation, anal retentiveness, and OCD. Err wait, guess that's just me.

One of the most romantic things my husband has ever said to me: "all girls are psycho, but you're just the right kind of psycho for me." :cloud9:

Of course responded with my belief that all males are idiots; but I told him not to worry, he's the idiot I'll love forever. :)

Archived