Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shoot For High Draft Position Or Try To Save Season with Collins

Gregpeck99

The bad news is that the Zorn/Campbell experiment has failed and no amount of persistence will salvage this season. Skins are headed for a losing record at the bottom of the league standings. The good news is that the Skins now will have a decent shot in the next Draft to select Bradford or McCoy. Would you be content to ride out the season and let this happen ... or like me, would you favor benching Campbell in favor of Collins and try to salvage the season knowing that the chance to get one of these top QB propects would be compromised? If ... as the Cambell supporters believe .... Collins would not do any better ... there would appear to be no downside to making the switch now.

but...but...but hes really good at padding those stats in a prevent defense. I think with a beeeast o-line and 3 more years to learn the wco we will be set with Jc...at least thats how long it takes him to read his progressions and make a decision.

start collins. Colt Brennan needs to be given a serious shot next year.A new coach who plays the starters in the preseason untill he sees enough that they can compete.

Chris Samuels said he has 6 or 7 games....well look at this start. Failure to score against the worst pass defense in league history. I got some screen shots...Ive counted about 8 plays where there were open recievers downfield. The pass to kelly on the sideline...a great catch,but he had moss open. Devin thomas consistantly gets seperation...I didnt see a safety show him any special attention,they were mainly in the box against cooley.

Overall JC needs to be more acurate.The idea of the wco is to run after the catch,but when you have to adjust to most throws...its not easy.

.... would you favor benching Campbell in favor of Collins and try to salvage the season knowing that the chance to get one of these top QB propects would be compromised? If ... as the Cambell supporters believe .... Collins would not do any better ... there would appear to be no downside to making the switch now.

John Elway in his prime could'nt slap lipstick on this pig. If people get their kicks be seeing Campbell benched, well then bench him. But this assembly of "talent" aint going anywhere.

Play Todd then next year let him, Colt and a pick battle for the job.

No quarterback with these numbers is going to be benched for the back-up. JC has been the brightest spot on the team so far.

Quarterback Rating - 92.5 - 9th

Quarterback Rating - Shotgun - 108.5 - 6th

% First Down/Attempts - 2nd

% Passes on 1st Down - 2nd

% Passes Completed - 5th

Passing Yards per Game - 9th

Would be tied for 6th in TD passes if the 2 sure touchdowns weren't dropped.

How about we bench the whole defense. Totally embarrassing, giving up 4 scoring drives from within the 15 yard line to the Lions and being picked apart by a rookie quarterback.

More embarrassing, though, is having members of the fanbase who think JC is the problem and Todd or a quarterback who has had 4 injuries and three major surgeries since college and never played a down in an NFL game that counted, is the answer.

If we lost the next 13 games and got the 1st pick it would probably the year they draft OL.

This team just doesn't want to win. It's why we still have a QB who can't run an offense that scores 14 points consistently after 5 years. What other team does that?

Houston, an expansion team who drafted the #1 overall QB? Thats the only team I can think of and we are a team supposedly expecting playoff wins every year.

The bad news is that the Zorn/Campbell experiment has failed and no amount of persistence will salvage this season. Skins are headed for a losing record at the bottom of the league standings. The good news is that the Skins now will have a decent shot in the next Draft to select Bradford or McCoy. Would you be content to ride out the season and let this happen ... or like me, would you favor benching Campbell in favor of Collins and try to salvage the season knowing that the chance to get one of these top QB propects would be compromised? If ... as the Cambell supporters believe .... Collins would not do any better ... there would appear to be no downside to making the switch now.

nahhh...Vinny needs to complete the trifecta and trade away our first and second round picks.......

Padding his stats? He was playing well through the 3rd quarter for the most part. And does anyone actually KNOW the Lions were in a prevent? I'd doubt it. I didn't pay much attention, I was too pissed from watching our defense fail over and over again to pay attention to Detroit's.

Only on the Redskins does a QB who throws for 340 yards and 2 touchdowns get ridiculed. It's probably best for him to get out of here while he can anyways.

And besides that, we also need severe help at RB. Maybe we can trade for Fred Jackson, who I'd love to have.

OF COURSE we should bench Campbell now and start Collins. I don't know if Collins is the answer, but Campbell obviously IS NOT. We will never win anything with Campbell. He's just not good enough.

We will still have a chance to make a run this year if we get competent QB play. If Zorn wants to have a chance to save his job, he'll make the change soon. Otherwise, he'll go down with Campbell.

Next year we'll start over from zero, again. :(

I'm gonna make something clear, I don't think Campbell is amazing either. He missed several wide open receivers that had me staring blankly at the TV screen in amazement.

However, 340 and 2 TDs is a good day. Period. But there are too many folks here who are willing to completely dismiss that and say it doesn't matter. It does. Very much so.

Would we rather have JaMarcus Russell? Campbell at worst played decent yesterday.

No quarterback with these numbers is going to be benched for the back-up. JC has been the brightest spot on the team so far.

Quarterback Rating - 92.5 - 9th

Quarterback Rating - Shotgun - 108.5 - 6th

% First Down/Attempts - 2nd

% Passes on 1st Down - 2nd

% Passes Completed - 5th

Passing Yards per Game - 9th

Most of which came against the Rams and the Lions.

Pleeeze

Jason Campbell is doing a fine job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8440

He is on pace for 4,000 yards with no running game to speak of.

I keep looking for the stats on

- leadership

- victories

- success in the Red Zone

can you tell me where they are? oh...right....the stats when supportive of JC are a clarion call for his effectiveness but when not so good the fault lies elsewhere on the team.

check. got it. good thinking!!!

Archived