Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shoot For High Draft Position Or Try To Save Season with Collins

Gregpeck99

OF COURSE we should bench Campbell now and start Collins. I don't know if Collins is the answer, but Campbell obviously IS NOT. We will never win anything with Campbell. He's just not good enough.

We will still have a chance to make a run this year if we get competent QB play. If Zorn wants to have a chance to save his job, he'll make the change soon. Otherwise, he'll go down with Campbell.

Next year we'll start over from zero, again. :(

:silly:

You call 2nd in the league in % First Downs completed, 2nd in the league passing on First Down and 5th in the league in Passes completed incompetent.

Zorn may go down but it's not JC's play that's pulling him down. It's his own playcalling and the running game. The passing game is all we have got this year.

There's 13 games left. Its not time to scrap the season. Campbell is playing well, Zorn and the playcalling is the problem along with the defense playing like absolute garbage. I'm more concerned about the defense than the offense at this point. Who would've thought last year's 4th ranked defense would crumble with the addition of the best D linemen money could buy? And why do our corners play 8-12 yards off the ball when its third and 4-6 yards? Bottom line, I've never been a huge fan of Campbell's and I'm still not, but after stepping back and cooling off, he's not the biggest problem we have staring us in the face right now.

OF COURSE we should bench Campbell now and start Collins. I don't know if Collins is the answer, but Campbell obviously IS NOT. We will never win anything with Campbell. He's just not good enough.

We will still have a chance to make a run this year if we get competent QB play. If Zorn wants to have a chance to save his job, he'll make the change soon. Otherwise, he'll go down with Campbell.

Next year we'll start over from zero, again. :(

Even if you believe Campbell is not the answer, why bother wasting snaps on TC?!?! This team is not going to the Super Bowl (or even playoffs) this year, so why bother trying to "save the season" behind a QB who isn't your QB of the future. If you're going to replace JC, steal Chase Daniels back off whatever team's practice squad he's on now, and give him an extended try-out. Try to find your QB of the future, because this team isn't like the Vikings, trying to find that last piece to make it to the big show. This team is missing a ton of pieces, and needs to take a longer-term approach.

I'm gonna make something clear, I don't think Campbell is amazing either. He missed several wide open receivers that had me staring blankly at the TV screen in amazement.

However, 340 and 2 TDs is a good day. Period.

If your potential point production was 30-40 but we only got 14 because the QB missed wide open guys (check Art's thread and zoony's confirmation from the press box vs. Cincy last year) and does that REGULARLY---it might mean that the team is actually LOSING games because of it---which means it's NOT A GOOD DAY.

And Russell is terrible. So Jason is not the worst QB in the league---compared to the rest of the team, I think he's not good. He's getting protection now too, by the way, which is making this worse. He's able to do some things as a result but guys are open downfield--sometimes with sure TDs but he doesn't see them or doesn't try for them.

So what's the use of continuing with him?

Why are people so terrified of what might happen if Collins comes in? Seriously---we're headed down another wasted season, can't we just try to see if Collins sees things Campbell doesn't?

If your potential point production was 30-40 but we only got 14 because the QB missed wide open guys (check Art's thread and zoony's confirmation from the press box vs. Cincy last year) and does that REGULARLY---it might mean that the team is actually LOSING games because of it---which means it's NOT A GOOD DAY.

And Russell is terrible. So Jason is not the worst QB in the league---compared to the rest of the team, I think he's not good. He's getting protection now too, by the way, which is making this worse. He's able to do some things as a result but guys are open downfield--sometimes with sure TDs but he doesn't see them or doesn't try for them.

So what's the use of continuing with him?

Why are people so terrified of what might happen if Collins comes in? Seriously---we're headed down another wasted season, can't we just try to see if Collins sees things Campbell doesn't?

The problem with Collins is that he alone isn't going to turn this team around and he's old. He may be able to start next season, but that's probably his shelf life.

I'm not against Collins in the least. Nor do I think Campbell is the answer... But 340 and 2 touchdowns is a good day. He missed alot of open receivers, which makes his day mediocre. Nothing more, nothing less. There are much worse starting QBs in the NFL.

That said, we don't need to settle for mediocre, either.

I'm gonna make something clear, I don't think Campbell is amazing either. He missed several wide open receivers that had me staring blankly at the TV screen in amazement.

However, 340 and 2 TDs is a good day. Period. But there are too many folks here who are willing to completely dismiss that and say it doesn't matter. It does. Very much so.

Would we rather have JaMarcus Russell? Campbell at worst played decent yesterday.

Yeah, on that INT he had ARE wide open dragging across the middle. He threw it to the wrong guy because he made the wrong decision. That one hurt.

Most of which came against the Rams and the Lions.

Pleeeze

So according to you JC's good play against a weaker opponent is not just part of the problem, it is the problem.

But the defense's horrible/atrocious play against a weaker opponent is not only not part of the problem, it doesn't even deserve an honorable mention from you.

No point in even arguing with anyone who thinks this makes sense.

Yeah, on that INT he had ARE wide open dragging across the middle. He threw it to the wrong guy because he made the wrong decision. That one hurt.

Absolutely agree with you.

But he still played decent. Decent isn't good enough, but it's certainly not horrible.

Chris Samuels said he has 6 or 7 games....well look at this start. Failure to score against the worst pass defense in league history. I got some screen shots...Ive counted about 8 plays where there were open recievers downfield. The pass to kelly on the sideline...a great catch,but he had moss open. Devin thomas consistantly gets seperation...I didnt see a safety show him any special attention,they were mainly in the box against cooley.

Overall JC needs to be more acurate.The idea of the wco is to run after the catch,but when you have to adjust to most throws...its not easy.

I noticed a lot of plays were JC could not go through his progression because he had to step up & to the side during a rush from the right. I noticed he called all the plays on the last touchdown drive and up until we stopped the clock on the final drive he called the plays. When it was no huddle he scored fast. As for padding stats - I guess no other quarterback has times when they go up against a prevent. That is ludicrous unless you have something to say we have it so much more & we don't score and the games are not close so it is junk yards.

Absolutely agree with you.

But he still played decent. Decent isn't good enough, but it's certainly not horrible.

And not quarterback makes bad throws under pressure. The truth is that there were no running lanes & by the third quarter the line was collapsing on the right around Campbell not giving him time to go through the progression completely

Peyton Manning could run this offense. We don't use our recievers right, we can't block, we can't run the ball, we can't do much of anything. I don't blame Campbell, I blame the coaching staff. We selected 3 offensive threats last year, we don't even use them. Every other team plugs in the draft picks and bam, they make a difference. No, not us. I'm fed up. 'm fed up with Zorn piss poor play calling, our piss poor effort. Randel El should not be on the field for punt returns.

Go ahead and start Collins...then you can whine about him too when we dont even finish 8-8. When will you ignorant "fans" realize that this team's lull has nothing to do with the QB? When he goes somewhere else next year, I hope you have the lube because you're going to be getting bent over.

Brilliant plan, tank the season, continue to anger the fan base to try and get a high draft pick (which is never a 100% guaranteed success pick). In other words quit, tank this season, blow off all the off season work those guys put in, and yet add more mileage to their bodies and risk injury. Brilliant. Just brilliant. You should take over for Vinny C. Or is this Vinny and Dan trying to gauge fan reaction to such a stupid stunt.

Archived