Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if campbell won't re-sign

lovemaskins

You get something of a mess, especially if Collins quits. I just let him go in Madden hoping for good free agents. That didn't happen and I wanted to use my 1st rounder on the OL so my 2010 QBs are Colt Brennan, Charlie Batch, and another 6th rounder with a big arm and speed but not much else. If I can't win at least six games with Colt, I'm blowing up the offense.

Help me make sure here guys.

JC had one year under Gibbs

2 Years under Saunders

and now 2 years under Zorn.

Only NOW is JC starting to pull things together. If he blows up and has a good year, he would be STUPID to turn our money down and leave. Where could he possibly go and be immediately successful without having to start over? What offense is he going to run?

Saunders certainly won't want him. I suppose Minny could take him to play the west coast, but no other team seems to be set for him. If JC leaves he will have to learn any entirely new offense again. It does NOT behoove him to turn down our money here over a grudge for equal or less money somewhere else and have to start all over.

On top of that, he's a RFA. He can't possibly go anywhere. And even if he WASN"T a RFA, we could franchise him and at the very least get a first rounder or two from anyone who wants him (the idea is hallarious.)

I think it is kind of silly after looking at Ryan, Flacco, and now Sanchez that people just assume that a new QB will set us back 5 years. QB can succeed in the NFL, but you need to have a good GM who knows talent and a coach that will be around a while and have them pick a QB that will fit the system. Since we don't have and apparently never will have that set up, we will struggle. Struggle and look on while teams like the Ravens find a guy and have success right away.

Does this immediate success in Baltimore include the Kyle Boller years? Overnight success is often years in the making.

Look, the grass is always greener on the other side. Campbell just doesn't create massive excitement in the fans, but he runs the offense decently well. His long wind-up is still a bit of a problem, but I'd rather have Campbell than a 75% of the starting QBs out there. First rate QBs in the NFL are rare commodities...Campbell's one of them, just not in the elite level. That's ok.

The last two years of rookie QBs coming out and doing well seems more like coincide rather than a trend. Bradford and McCoy do not have "It" and no one knows what position to put Tebow at. The free agent market next year looks like Campbell will be the best free agent QB...so I see the 'Skins sticking with Campbell.

He's going to have a phenomenal year and a phenomenal career wherever he goes.

How is he going to do that when he can't even have an average year with a team that has some very good receivers? I would love to see him on a team like the Lions, they would never win again untill he retired :hysterical:

You get something of a mess, especially if Collins quits. I just let him go in Madden hoping for good free agents. That didn't happen and I wanted to use my 1st rounder on the OL so my 2010 QBs are Colt Brennan, Charlie Batch, and another 6th rounder with a big arm and speed but not much else. If I can't win at least six games with Colt, I'm blowing up the offense.

Collins has another year on his contract so he will stay if wanted. You can then draft a QB and let him, Todd and Colt compete for the starting gig.

Could be worse

Honestly, seeing as how some rookies ahve done well at QB, it may not be a bad thing if we got McCoy or Bradford. Tebow or Snead or someone else ranked high would need some work.

Yeah, we should definitely draft a QB and then they can come up and work with........nothing.

There are so many things wrong with this team it's unreal, starting with the offensive line. How drafting one of the QB's will solve our problems is beyond me.

He's going to have a phenomenal year and a phenomenal career wherever he goes. From what I've seen on this board, we don't deserve a quarterback like Jason Campbell. I wouldn't blame him if he demanded out of here at the end of the year. I keep thinking that people will see how good he is, but I don't think it will matter what he does. The fans and management will hate him no matter what.

Hey... Take your medicine, your drifting away from reality again.

If Campbell shows improvement this year or if the coach finally let's him off his leash and gives him the opportunity to make some plays then he stays. Everything I have seen shows him steadily improving while still a little slow at times he is getting rid of the ball much quicker and avoiding more sacks. How about we stop talking about what we are gonna do with Campbell at the end of the season and cheer for him now and hope he takes us to the playoffs and beyond. It gets old reading the same JC sucks, Fire Zorn stuff every week. You call yourself Redskins Fans, then act like one and root for the team YOU HAVE and not the one you wish you could have.

Bravo!! Bravo!!

Archived