Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if campbell won't re-sign

lovemaskins

It is a great question, and the solution is to trade him before the deadline this year.

It may have been a smart move to sign Chase Daniel from the NO practice squad, but he is now on the 53 man active roster with the Saints.

It will be smart to give Colt Brennan every opportunity to compete in 2010, or cut him loose so he can make it big with another team.

they would be RFA's

but there's no rule that says guys under contract have to show up. If he didn't want to re-sign with the Skins and they matched an offer from someone else he could stay home and demand a trade.

It is important for people to remember he could be a RFA, as you pointed out. It won't be that easy for JC just to walk away. At the least we offer him a poxy back-up contract then get some mid-round pick off some team as compensation via a trade. That would be worse case scenario if this year goes down the tube.

Wow, however I do agree with a portion of your post. "We don't deserve a quarterback like Jason Campbell. That is correct. We deserve a quarterback far better than Jason Campbell. This post really got a laugh out of me.

We don't deserve crap sir, especially haters like you

If Campbell shows improvement this year or if the coach finally let's him off his leash and gives him the opportunity to make some plays then he stays. Everything I have seen shows him steadily improving while still a little slow at times he is getting rid of the ball much quicker and avoiding more sacks. How about we stop talking about what we are gonna do with Campbell at the end of the season and cheer for him now and hope he takes us to the playoffs and beyond. It gets old reading the same JC sucks, Fire Zorn stuff every week. You call yourself Redskins Fans, then act like one and root for the team YOU HAVE and not the one you wish you could have.

Wow, however I do agree with a portion of your post. "We don't deserve a quarterback like Jason Campbell. That is correct. We deserve a quarterback far better than Jason Campbell. This post really got a laugh out of me.

really? I don't think the fans on ExtremeSkins deserve anything from the Redskins.

Something interesting that I have noticed regarding JC.

Seems that most of the younger posters here are supportive of JC, while the more "seasoned" posters are waiting for him to hit the door.

It is funny how a simple "dash" in a word can make a world of difference;

i.e.; re-sign vs resign...since i am in the more "matured" crowd { age-wise} I would have to choose the second version...

Something interesting that I have noticed regarding JC.

Seems that most of the younger posters here are supportive of JC, while the more "seasoned" posters are waiting for him to hit the door.

It is funny how a simple "dash" in a word can make a world of difference;

i.e.; re-sign vs resign...since i am in the more "matured" crowd { age-wise} I would have to choose the second version...

I don't know if you're trying to imply anything, but I've seen a wide age range on both sides of the issue. I haven't noticed what you're saying at all.

You obviously haven't kept up with the league have you? He will be a RFA :silly:

That means that if the Skins don't want to resign him they don't have to right? But then I guess that is not the point of this thread. My bad.

So if the Redskins do want to resign him but Jason doesn't want to, that means someone has to trade for him?

Teams that might want Campbell as a starter next year: Minn, St. L., SF, Car., Tenn, Den. Everyone else has a starter that is at least as good as Campbell, or is a young QB, or has potential on the bench. I think St. L, SF and Tenn will work with what they've got - they certainly aren't going to get into a bidding war to get Campbell. So the question is whether Minn, Car. or Denver will see Campbell as better than what they can get through the draft with McCoy, Bradford and Tebow coming out. I just don't see it.

JC would do well to come back to the Skins as the starter without competition. Other teams will be looking for him as a backup.

Archived