Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Portis – it’s not like Madden out there

JimmiJo

Obviously that was taken out of context along with Cooley's quote about blowing teams out. I mean we should be pleased with the past 18 games of mediocrity.

I know when I go to bed I like to look myself in the mirror and know that I didn't do great but I didn't do bad, I did ok.

we havent scored 18 points or more at fedex field since september 21st, 2008.

how anyone can NOT be completely fed up is beyond me.

The problem isn't that fans think they can coach. The problem is that the fans are becoming increasingly aware that the product on the field is not what it should be. If my pizzeria burns my pizza, I can tell them the stinkin' thing is burned and that I want a new one. And I don't know a darn thing about making pizza.

I see some good stuff out of this."

Last years faltering had the team bickering amongst themselves (see Portis' reference to Coach Zorn as "genious") Now, they are unifying. CP is defending his teammates and coach. The "gelled" unit that we all hoped for is beginning to materialize

Most people criticizing football, have no on-field experience at any level, not even in the backyard.

And that's completely irrelevant. 9 POINTS!

I don't have any experience in the dental field either but when I go in for a cleaning I don't expect to leave with no teeth and then be told, "Well, you obviously never worked in the field but it would be funny to see you try to do what I do for a living. This isn't like the Operation game. It takes skillz!!"

And that's completely irrelevant. 9 POINTS!

I don't have any experience in the dental field either but when I go in for a cleaning I don't expect to leave with no teeth and then be told, "Well, you obviously never worked in the field but it would be funny to see you try to do what I do for a living. This isn't like the Operation game. It takes skillz!!"

"sir, my house is falling over and im pretty upset about it."

"well its not like youre an architect, like youd know anything about building a house that stays upright!! how about you try building a house!"

portis is already this upset after week 2, imagine if our offense doesnt improve what these interviews will sound like in week 10.

Good lord! HE WAS NOT UPSET. I heard the interview. He was speaking calmy (unlike the BMitch Interview), he wasn't saying anything we don't think as well.

The radio (106.7 and 980) are pissing me off blowing up his "Everyone is under the gun" comments, more than it needs to. Talking about CP is pushing his luck with Dan, etc... WTF...

What he said about that, we all know... you don't think Dan is thinking the same damn thing.

I sincerely hope, well pray, that everyone realizes the weight of things, and truly change some things.

That's it Portis patronize us.

Maybe all the booing is from...

1. Campbell, Portis, Moss, ARE, Cooley, and the O-Line. This "core" has taken many snaps together and most of the time it looks like your first, where is the well oiled machine that can step up and score when it needs to?

Yeah that has a lot to do with it, but I think I'll go with...

2. Our favorite team started 6-2 and then ended an anemic 2-6 and ripped our hearts out. It's up to you to give it back. Until you do,,, were bleeding all over you.

Mr. Portis. We are booing 4 playoff appearances and a 2-4 playoff record with no trips to the championship game or superbowl in the span of 17 years. We are booing some of the highest parking, ticket, and concession prices in the NFL. We are booing spending lots of hard earned money and having absolutely nothing at all to show for it as fans, and as a region.

Yeah put us on the field and we won't know what to do. Fans don't play the game for a living. Heres what we do know. Other teams get it done. This team doesn't. Why doesn't this team get it done Clinton? Why do we fail year after year after year. We haven't had more than 10 wins in a season for 17 years Portis. Why is that? Why did we have the 20th, 18th, and 28th ranked offenses in the NFL the past three seasons if you guys are such professionals.

Why do we always SUCK Clinton? Why does this team always SUCK?

It's too bad the players don't realize that the fans of this team that have been rooting for years and years are sick of looking at each individual season, game, play, as though it were in a vacuum. This is a decade long string of mediocre season after mediocre season. The simple fact is, OTHER TEAMS GET BETTER. We seem to not. And any fan that accepts that is not a fan of their team; they're a fan of being a fan.

Wait a tic!!! If it's not like Madden out there, then why does Danny boy copy my franchise mode acquisitions?

Seriously, though, MadMike is right. If you want to see how much it is not like Madden, then partake in this little experiment.

1) Get drunk with some buddies.

2) Insert Madden game disk into console.

3) Turn on 4 controllers.

4) Have everyone play on the same team.

5) Never do it again.

Once receiver routes, blocking, even running plays are not longer controlled by AI, but rather by your drunk buddies, the whole "realism" aspect of the game gets lame.

Oh...and another way you can tell it's not like Madden out there: I annihilate the Rams on Madden.

It's not Madden? That is one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard. It's so transparent a 3 year old would be begging to follow up by asking: "You are absolutely right. So tell me, Mr. Portis, how do almost all the offenses in the NFL regularly play "not Madden" and make us look impotent and silly by comparison?

Wow, 5 pages if whining thin skinned fans... The Redskins fans used to be the best in the NFL ... maybe the problem is that the fans are getting the team they deserve ...

Nope. Probably the reverse. I imagine it took a decade for the fans to get fed up. How long did it take this privileged team to suck?

Wow, 5 pages if whining thin skinned fans... The Redskins fans used to be the best in the NFL ... maybe the problem is that the fans are getting the team they deserve ...

:doh:

Please stop drinking. Now. The team we deserve? We are fans of a distinguished professional football team which spends an ungodly amount of money for allegedly talented players and coaches. We are fans who support this operation. We are fans who see a problem and WANT THE TEAM TO DO BETTER. We want the Redskins to beat up on the Lions. That is known as rooting for the team! Get it? We want them to do well. Very well. That's what fans do: root root root for the home team.

Now what in the hell are you talking about, "what we deserve." Complaining about how many people are discussing a topic on a DISCUSSION BOARD? We are discussing the teams performance. What would you rather we do? Talk about what shade of green their turf is this year?

Yo Portis, how 'bout practicing and/or learning the playbook instead of handing out all these quotes.

My god, I've seen like, what, 5 Skins quotes about this crap today. As a fan, I'm already over it. We still got the offensive "leaders" Chris Cooley and Portis crying about it today, or yesterday, maybe tomorrow too.

Buncha primadonnas IMHO.

It's not the players fault -- the media keep asking about it, and so the players answer the questions. Then the media says the players are "obsessed about it" and can't stop talking about the fan issue and the media coverage.

The local media has always made itself the story.

Archived