Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Portis – it’s not like Madden out there

JimmiJo

We complain about play calling right now because its not working, but what if that pass Portis throws to Cooley is a TD? What if that stretch play on 4th and 1 resulted in a 1st down or a TD?

WOW! Here we go again.

You are right. If every play worked we'd have won 56-7, since they didn't we only won 9-7, but you can't question the playcalling.

The 0-16 Lions would have been 16-0 last year, but the plays didn't work so they were 0-16. They should have kept the same coach and ran the same plays this year though. One day those plays would all work.

they farted out a game against the rams, both coaches and players with few exceptions, struggling to get out of defensive "huddles" aka the coaches deciding what to friggin call and giving up easy fades to stuttersteps because you had to race to your assignment very late because your coaches underperformed (at least hopefully it was under performing.)

Excuses, excuses. Losers make excuses.

Except, of course, last Sunday we won. Which was the objective.

Winning by more than 2 points each week would be nice - I know my doctor would be grateful given the implications for my blood pressure - but I will take a 2 point win each and ever week from here on up to and including the Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure everyone from Jim Zorn to the guy who sweeps out the locker room knows we need to get more point production to be consistently successful. Fans also have a right to complain - we want the team to do well and get frustrated when we don't.

But some people are jumping off the bus awfully early this year and don't be surprised if we do get on a roll if you don't hear too many of those "best fans in the world" quotes from players this year when they are being interviewed after a big win.

WOW! Here we go again.

You are right. If every play worked we'd have won 56-7, since they didn't we only won 9-7, but you can't question the playcalling.

The 0-16 Lions would have been 16-0 last year, but the plays didn't work so they were 0-16. They should have kept the same coach and ran the same plays this year though. One day those plays would all work.

If the Lions had talent on their team that could execute the plays that were called, I bet they would have fared a little better last year. You could put the best play caller in the business on the Lions last year and I bet they still go 3-13. Might win a couple of games but without the talent and execution of the plays to back it up, they are still a crap team. Now put the same play caller on a talented team and I guarantee they win more games. Im just saying all the blame is not on play calling and with the clear mistakes in execution, I would even say most of the blame is not on the play calling. Some of it is for sure but if any play is not executed correctly, it will probably not succeed.

If the Lions had talent on their team that could execute the plays that were called, I bet they would have fared a little better last year. You could put the best play caller in the business on the Lions last year and I bet they still go 3-13. Might win a couple of games but without the talent and execution of the plays to back it up, they are still a crap team. Now put the same play caller on a talented team and I guarantee they win more games. Im just saying all the blame is not on play calling and with the clear mistakes in execution, I would even say most of the blame is not on the play calling. Some of it is for sure but if any play is not executed correctly, it will probably not succeed.

You Mean like the ArZ Cards?:chair:

many people do tend to oversimplify things. I disagree with 90% of the negative opinions that I read about this team, but I also believe that the pressure resulting from the negativity is good for the team. it's human nature to fall into a comfort zone when you are left alone. I think that the team will respond positively to the pressure.

Archived