Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: The Booing - Did you / would you have taken part?

Skins-Canes-Mounties

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was at the game...and in 8 years as a seasons ticket holder, I have never booed our team or the coach....until today. My boos were directed repeatedly at some of the dumbest play calling I have ever witnessed. And people around me were booing for the same reason.

We were not booing the players...we were booing Coach Zorn....who has the mental capacity to call a good midget football game.

Let's all run on first down.....let's now run on second down...OH, it is 3rd and 8 yards to go...I guess we should pass the ball.

But let's call a pass play for 5 yards and make the receiver run for the remaining yards to make it fun! It would be too easy to pass the ball ten yards!

OR

It's third and goal to goal because I ran the first two downs. So let's let our running back throw a pass...yeah, that's the ticket...I don't need no stinkin' QB to throw the ball.... especially the guy who I work with day after day after day....let's use the guy who almost never throws the ball....

OR

It's first down and goal to goal...let's run left...gee....that didn't work....let's run left again....Oh NO!...no yards on that one....that was bad luck....well, they'll never think I'll run the same play on third down....Uh Oh.....now it's fourth down....what do I do?...I can't decide....Oh my...I'm running out of time...what do I do?....Let's call a time out and decide what to do.....OK....I got it....We'll kick a field goal and better luck next time

OR

It's fourth down and goal to goal on the two yard line....Should we go for it or kick the field goal to give us a 5 point lead and force the Rams to drive the length of the field for a touchdown to beat us instead of 60 yards for a winning field goal if they stop us. Gee....the fans really probably want a TD....so let's run LEFT again...and get stuffed AGAIN!!!

Thank god I have a defense with a defensive coordinator that knows what he is doing. Because I have the mind of a mental midget.

Could we please vote for one of the cheerleaders to call the offensive plays next week against the Lions??? Pretty please??!!

I think too many people are confused about what the fans were booing. I was at the game and fans were frustrated with the play-calling, the missed plays and same ol' song that's been played throughout the years.

The fans weren't booing a win. Why would a fan do that? No, they were booing everything else.

Agreed.

Cracks me up when I see people posting on here that the fans were being "bad fans" for booing.

Bad fans? Based on what?

90,000 people paying hard earned money to see this team do the same thing week in and week out and play completely sub-par football against arguably the worst team in the league. Yeah sure, today will show up as a "W" in the schedule, but in the long run someone is kidding themselves if they think we looked the slightest bit like a legit playoff team today. And we haven't for a really long time now, save for when we made a miraculous push in 2005 or when our most talented player died in 2007, and we had our old HOF coach back to lead us.

If those are the kinds of conditions it takes for us to earn Wild Card spots, that's pathetic.

The fans there had every right to boo, not the individual players like Cooley, Haynesworth, Orakpo, Rogers, Campbell etc., that actually played their asses off today, but the coaches and organization structure as a whole that maintains this environment of mediocrity.

Same sentiment as many others on here. Wasn't booing at the players...I think they did the best they could hampered as they were by the horrible playcalling. Also didn't boo at the end because a win is a win is a win. My boos, and most of those in my section were directed at Zorn.

i would have booed at halftime and after that terrible slow developing call on 4th & 1 inside the 5 but not after a win... i believe in "a win is a win"... but "booing" is just a way of saying "hey you guys are better than this... step your game up and stop playing at the level of crap teams like the rams"

we have a right to be pissed...

Booing a win is what happens when after roughly 18 years of, for the most part, complete and utter futility...you beat arguably the worst team in the NFL by a baseball or soccer score.

Take out the 1999 NFC East Champs, the 2005 and 2007 playoff teams, and for nearly 20 years this team has produced nothing but the same old story. The faces and names change...the story remains.

i was there. i booed.

i spent too much money supporting this team to be 'ok' with winning by 2 points against the rams in such a ****ty way.

Zorn called terrible plays, and people droped important balls. campbell underthrew kelly at the start that should have been a tone setter - but thats ok. the play calling in the redzone was not; sellers and thomas dropping those balls were not.

I was (personally) booing snyder and zorn. I don't think the players did much wrong this game.... the play calling just wasn't designed to win teh game. It was super conservative, and I'm sick of watching it.

I booed from my couch, right after yelling Portis left, Portis right, pass, punt. And when they ran exactly those plays, damn right I booed. Does Zorn not see that everybody in the known universe knows he's gonna run Portis left! I mean come on, tey a little misdirection or something?!?

Archived