Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there cause for concern when our Special Team coach is yelling at our Head Coach?

kiingspadee

To be fair to Zorn, I've heard several head coaches say that they assign clock management to somebody else because they have to constantly be going over game photos, making in-game adjustments, etc. I'm guessing that when we're on defense, Zorn is spending more than half of his time talking to his offensive coaching staff and/or Jason.

He was telling Zorn to wait before calling the time out. He was right. I have no problem with this. Zorn is a notoriously poor manager of the clock.

Just how after it was done Zorn walked back a bit off the sideline and Smith was STILL yelling - if you weren't a fan and didn't know you'd think Smith was the head coach

Funny he was telling Zorn what to do but was definitely not yelling at him. With that much noise in the stadium one could come as being such. Co-workers work together to win games. ;)

Ummm it was more than just talking loudly. AFTER the timeout was called Smith was STILL going after Zorn

I think Clinton Portis was right there also. Maybe he was telling zorn to go for it and Zorn was concentrating more on whether to go for it or not and got his self confused on when to call the timeout. But yea it was weird to see your ST coach grab the head coaches arms to stop him.

I'm not looking forward to the offseason, not one bit. I've grown to hate "starting over" but if Zorn doesn't delegate some of his stuff, playcalling, clock management, redzone offense, whatever, then he's probably not long for this HCing life.

I dread the offseason, hopefully he changes his approach, but it isn't looking very good after 18 games.

I equate that moment to the low point in Gibbs II tenure - when he illegally called back to back timeouts to "ice" a kicker.

The one thing I thought we had with Zorn as a savvy ex-QB was this type of situational awareness. My blood ran cold when I witnessed the seemingly clueless about to call that timeout prematurely.

Archived