Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there cause for concern when our Special Team coach is yelling at our Head Coach?

kiingspadee

A head coach has a lot on his plate. That's why he pays his assistant coaches to ASSIST him! ;)

I don't have a problem with this .. what I HAVE a problem with was the ridiculous play calling today! Although I am specifically referring to the offensive play calling, the defensive play calling ain't off the hook either!

I watched Ladell run out of bounds when he should have stayed in bounds. The coach on the Rams wasted his last timeout. I've seen enough games to know that, at best, an NFL game is controlled chaos. When you're in the game you wish everybody thought wth a level head. The assistant (Smith) advised the HC to wait. The HC did. Minor issue.

Playcalling? Lack of an OL? Lack of a running game? A Center and an entire right side of the OL that can't move the pile. Bigger isues.

Next we'll be complaining about the color of Zorn's socks.

Zorn got the HC job because after he was hired as OC, Danny stiffed Fassel and no decent prospects wanted to come here.

So you're saying Spagnuolo turned down the Skins so he could end up coaching the Rams? I don't think he was ever offered the job.

What I wonder is whether or not Fassel would have been any better than Zorn. I remember saying no to the "Old Fossil" but that might have been a better choice. Then again, I was opposed to Zorn as well. I wanted Mariucci.

If Gibbs had stayed one more year, I think Shanahan would already be coach. Timing (and poor decision making) was just bad all the way around.

Zorn looked as befuddled as Gibbs 2.0 on that play.

"Gibbs 2.0" got us into the playoffs twice. Wanna bet on whether we're headed back?

And "Gibbs 1.0" is the only reason Redskins fans EXPECT our team to compete for Super Bowls--whether we're any good in a given year or not. Without Coach Gibbs' 3 trophies, we're in the same pool as Eagles fans, Lions fans, Falcons fans, Chargers fans....

HTTR

Hail, Coach Gibbs

So you're saying Spagnuolo turned down the Skins so he could end up coaching the Rams? I don't think he was ever offered the job.
I'm not just saying it. Taking into account the extra year that Spags stayed at NY, in between Snyder's "interview" and accepting the Rams job, that's basically what happened.
What I wonder is whether or not Fassel would have been any better than Zorn. I remember saying no to the "Old Fossil" but that might have been a better choice. Then again, I was opposed to Zorn as well. I wanted Mariucci.
I dunno, wanted someone new myself, but no argument with you here.
If Gibbs had stayed one more year, I think Shanahan would already be coach. Timing (and poor decision making) was just bad all the way around.
I don't think that Gibbs timing mattered.

We were supposed to have a succession plan in place already, anyways. Gregg Williams supposedly had a clause in his contract that he got paid extra if not named the HC when Gibbs retired. Then there were the rumored yelling matches between Gregg and Danny while Gregg stayed at Danny's place for long interviews, which I don't understand considering Danny should have known whether or not he wanted Gregg by then anyways.

While Gibbs leaving was unexpected, he left only three days after our loss to the Seahawks, so Danny had the whole off-season to find a good successor if he didn't want Gregg.

I was pretty peeved at Zorn yesterday, but this isn't one of the reasons why. As a head coach there is a lot going on, so losing track of time isn't really surprising. Having someone back you up is really a good thing. I do think he's got some game management issues for sure, but this is only something that is complained about when we're in our current situation.

I'm not just saying it. Taking into account the extra year that Spags stayed at NY, in between Snyder's "interview" and accepting the Rams job, that's basically what happened.

I dunno, wanted someone new myself, but no argument with you here.

I don't think that Gibbs timing mattered.

We were supposed to have a succession plan in place already, anyways. Gregg Williams supposedly had a clause in his contract that he got paid extra if not named the HC when Gibbs retired. Then there were the rumored yelling matches between Gregg and Danny while Gregg stayed at Danny's place for long interviews, which I don't understand considering Danny should have known whether or not he wanted Gregg by then anyways.

While Gibbs leaving was unexpected, he left only three days after our loss to the Seahawks, so Danny had the whole off-season to find a good successor if he didn't want Gregg.

Exactly. Zorn was a hailmary pass of a coach by Danny.

Just another long line of same old same old from Danny and staff.

:doh:

Archived