Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there cause for concern when our Special Team coach is yelling at our Head Coach?

kiingspadee

Did anyone else see Smith lay into Zorn for calling that timeout late in the 4th quarter? I don't know if it is me and the people at my dad's house today but I strongly feel it is not good when a special team coach knows better than your head coach.

That was a veteran coach saving a green coach from a rookie mistake.

I wish Zorn knew better but was glad that Danny Smith stepped up.

To be fair to Zorn, I've heard several head coaches say that they assign clock management to somebody else because they have to constantly be going over game photos, making in-game adjustments, etc. I'm guessing that when we're on defense, Zorn is spending more than half of his time talking to his offensive coaching staff and/or Jason.

Zorn makes adjustments? And he has an offensive coaching staff??

Not hating on you Hubbs, but if his ability to adjust and playcall weren't so terrible, I wouldn't mind him being corrected on a clock management issue. But he's clearly not focusing too much on the other issues, so he could at least be aware of clock management issues.

was that right after randle-el came close to converting? I was at the game and from my angle it looked like he could have gotten the first down - how close did it look on tv? I was thinking Zorn should have challenged the play if he was gonna call a timeout.

Come on... this is how a team should work! I can understand how a coach (Zorn) might be so into a play call and lose track of time... Alot goes into coaching... And, an assistant coach grabs his attention to make a correction or bring something to attention.

Good job by a member of staff being a member of the staff.

Clearing both coaches were on the same page... Managing the game!

:laugh:

Danny Smith a head coach when Shanahan, Cowher and Gruden might be looking for a job?

I will bet you 1 Grand right now that Danny Smith will not be our head coach.

Count Shanahan and Cowher out right now. Neither of them will be here.

Gruden,....maybe, but probably not.

I facepalmed when I saw that our ST coach was more alert to the situation than our Head Coach.

Did you see the pregame show part showing scenes of Danny Smith in training camp? When I saw that I thought, "Man, if only our HC acted like that in camp....we'd be tearing heads off out there"

And yes, when I saw him screaming, "Noooo! Not Yet!!" at Zorn I definitely had a :doh: moment

Zore? You type a 3-word post and you can't spell the coach's name right? :doh:
LOL! *wipes tear from eye*

We need to make a thread of all of Extremeskins' "classic" posts. Like this one, the "paloffs are now", that Eagle fan who "apologized for the beating they were gonna give us".

Maybe throw in some posts by KDawg, Bang, Zoony, PCS, and other guys with good zingers for balance.

Archived