Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tape Shows Beating on Bus of St. Louis Teen

Titaw

Tape shows beating on bus of Belleville West student

By Leah Thorsen

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

09/15/2009

BELLEVILLE — A Belleville West High School student was beaten aboard a bus on the way to school Monday, and a police spokesman said the beating could be racially motivated.

Click Link for more info & video...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnews/story/60D37B6EC5FF4711862576320011605B?OpenDocument

I think it is racially motivated, but it won't be called that because it's black kids beating on a white kid while black kids cheer. If it were white kids beating on a black kid and white kids cheering it would earn the ire of Al Sharpton.

These are the issue that Al Sharpton NEED to attack to show that if you want to get rid of racism you can't be racist yourself. Sadly, Al Sharpton is one of the biggest racists on the planet so chances are this will fall off into obscurity. Either that or it will be turned around on the school board because the punishment was too harsh and the reason they were punished as hard was because they were black.

Saw the video. Absolutely disgusting. I think there is a good chance this was racially motivated. I was a white kid who went to all black schools until I loft for college, and I saw things like this happen on occasion.

That being said – Drudge is doing all he can the past several months to start a complete race riot in the US. For the past year Drudge has been playing with the race issue over and over in a reckless and irresponsible manner. IMO.

Barack Obama wasn't born in Kenya and traveled all the way to the United States for this.

We're in a post-racial world. All I see is one kid getting beat up by another kid and I judge both only by the content of their character.

So you mean to tell me that the group of people cheering, all of which I can see are black, that a white student is getting beaten by two black kids are just cheering to see a kid get beat up? If the kid doing the beating was white and the kid getting beat was black would they still cheer?

Give me a break, post-racial world. RACISM EXISTS! Just because it isn't white on black doesn't mean it isn't racist.

I think it is racially motivated, but it won't be called that because it's black kids beating on a white kid while black kids cheer.

, and a police spokesman said the beating could be racially motivated.

I don't understand what you are saying. A police spokesman said it could be racially motivated and then you say it won't be called that? It already was. Your upset because Al Sharpton isn't calling it racially motivated?

Moving on - It was a hard beating. The kids should be arrestted and the Bus Driver should be suspended for not taking action.

So you mean to tell me that the group of people cheering, all of which I can see are black, that a white student is getting beaten by two black kids are just cheering to see a kid get beat up? If the kid doing the beating was white and the kid getting beat was black would they still cheer?

Give me a break, post-racial world. RACISM EXISTS! Just because it isn't white on black doesn't mean it isn't racist.

I remember when I was in school seeing people cheer while watching someone get their ass beat.

Those people were the same race.

Actually yes.

The cheering I don’t think had anything to do with race. The attack? I think so, but who knows.

Kids are stupid – they cheer in any fight NO MATTER WHO IS FIGHTING.

I went to schools that were 95% black (elementary through HS). 99% of fights, which broke out weekly, were between two or more black kids. People would cheer and clap while the fighting when on – the exact same way in this video. If two white kids fought people would cheer (rare, because there were so few of us). If a black and a white kid fought people would cheer. Kids are stupid, and they cheer at violence. It was disgusting but it was not racial (the cheering).

Again, I think the attack was probably racially motivated but the cheering, not so much, from my own personal experience in very similar situations.

How about that little D-head coming in after the fact and landing some extra cheap shots?

One big problem for the victim, if he presses charges, he has to live with pressing charges, if I were his parents I would move.

I live very close to where a 14 year old boy was beaten to death by 2-3 'kids', right on the street near where he lived. The problems started at school, his mom complained, and she even moved him to another school. Didn't matter. Just like in this case, the victim was white and the other kids were black. Were the attacks racially motivated, only those involved know. In this case, I hope the kids who attacked and beat this kid are arrested and charged with assault. The bus driver needs to be fired as he seems more upset at the fact that one kid is standing vs that kid getting a beat down.

Lastly, the second kid is just a punk who went after a basically defenseless victim (the kid didn't fight back, just tried to protect himself) and then danced around like a pro-boxer who had just won a tough fight. He needs to be introduced to some real tough guys at the state jail (maybe another 'Scared Straight' movie needs to be made).

I live very close to where a 14 year old boy was beaten to death by 2-3 'kids', right on the street near where he lived. The problems started at school, his mom complained, and she even moved him to another school. Didn't matter. Just like in this case, the victim was white and the other kids were black. Were the attacks racially motivated, only those involved know. In this case, I hope the kids who attacked and beat this kid are arrested and charged with assault. The bus driver needs to be fired as he seems more upset at the fact that one kid is standing vs that kid getting a beat down.

Lastly, the second kid is just a punk who went after a basically defenseless victim (the kid didn't fight back, just tried to protect himself) and then danced around like a pro-boxer who had just won a tough fight. He needs to be introduced to some real tough guys at the state jail (maybe another 'Scared Straight' movie needs to be made).

Was that a few months ago in the Glen Burnie area?

Archived