Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

23-17 Loss to good team, Not that bad really!!!

qcraftsman

this is in zorns lap and the left over in JC17 lap.....

zorn is either to dumb or to affraid to call plays down the field or he does not trust the qb....

if it is the first 2 he needs to go NOW and if it is he latter the QB needs to go

Agree... playcalling sucked... too many trick plays, and how many times do you need to attempt to run into their line before you realize our run blocking isn't working?

In terms of JC, I can kinda forgive him for the fumble and int, but the thing I found irritating was when he changed the play on 3rd and 8 to a run... He either had no confidence in himself, his line or his receivers... and that may say alot right there...

I found irritating was when he changed the play on 3rd and 8 to a run... He either had no confidence in himself, his line or his receivers... and that may say alot right there...

This might not make anyone feel better, but he answered that in Mosley's blog. Apparently, JC said he lost track of how many yards we needed for the 1st down, or he would have audibled to a pass play. Not that that's any better than what happened, and possibly worse.

this is in zorns lap and the left over in JC17 lap.....

zorn is either to dumb or to affraid to call plays down the field or he does not trust the qb....

if it is the first 2 he needs to go NOW and if it is he latter the QB needs to go

I honestly think Zorn does not trust Campbell. He will not put the ball in his hands and say "win the game" or "make plays". He does not call enough plays to put Jason in that position.

This leads me to think that Zorn had a lot more to do with the off season OB search then I originally thought.

Well, it doesn't matter if we lost by 40 or lost a squeaker in OT, we LOST! How many more YEARS of the same losing, excuse making, "oh, we improved over last year" BS mentality is this team going to put us through??? I, for one, am sick of the same crap year after year. If mediocre is what this teams future is, as it has been in the past, then so be it. But if you say that a loss to an NFC East team who is better than us is "not that bad", then you have accepted the mediocrity this team has become ingrained with. I just want to know when are the Redskins going to become the "better" team and start winning. Unfortunately, I already know the answer - and the answer is NEVER as long as Snyder/Cerrato, Zorn, Campbell, yada, yada, yada, are still a part of this team.

I agree with you to an extent. Snyder and Cerrato go out and get the players the coach wants but they don't coach or play in the game. DeAngelo Hall made three mistakes that cost the team either points or field position. He had a block in the back, which was questionable, a penalty for illegal contact and allowed a TD because he didn't tackle a mediocre WR. If you are going to shove a guy out make sure he goes out of bounds further than you do. Zorn needs to get tougher on his team and hold them accountable for their mistakes. Fine them for every missed tackle and every penalty they make. Maybe they will eliminate them. Taking money out of their pockets to prove a point is always a good way to make them play better.

You mean the sky isn't falling?

It is one game out of 16. Sure things didn't go too well yesterday but I expect to see some improvement. Too many people getting down on the team and staff immediately after a loss. The jury is still out on Zorn, but he really needs to reconsider his play calling.

yes it is just one game, but it is just a continuation of 2009....

talking all this change, deep passes, attacking passing....

and it was not there

ALL LIES

Guys, think about it we actually lost to a very good team. A Giants team that is playoff bound this year and possibly a Superbowl team as well. 23-17 isn't that bad if you think about it. If we had gotten that on sides kick at the end we might of actually won the game.

So Chill OUT!!!!

Great teams beat the good teams. Average teams lose to good teams.

I honestly think Zorn does not trust Campbell. He will not put the ball in his hands and say "win the game" or "make plays". He does not call enough plays to put Jason in that position.

This leads me to think that Zorn had a lot more to do with the off season OB search then I originally thought.

I think that you are right about that because Campbell just doesn't have the "It" factor that everyone talks about with the elite QB's in the league like Brady, the Manning's, McNabb, Brees, Rivers and Rothlisberger. Campbell will not be here next year. His performance this game just proves the critics right.

This might not make anyone feel better, but he answered that in Mosley's blog. Apparently, JC said he lost track of how many yards we needed for the 1st down, or he would have audibled to a pass play. Not that that's any better than what happened, and possibly worse.

I think that might be worse. How do you not know how many yards we need? Look at the scoreboard, its right there! And even if we only needed 3 or 4 yards, we still LOST 2 yards. So it still didn't work!

yes it is just one game, but it is just a continuation of 2009....

talking all this change, deep passes, attacking passing....

and it was not there

I completely agree. But my point is this should be a fresh start. Forget about last season (I know, its difficult) and focus on whats ahead. One down and 15 to go. Hopefully the remaining 15 will be better than yesterday. As I said before, Zorn needs to change things up, otherwise this team will never do well.

That isn't to say that there isn't problems that need to be looked at. There was some sloppy play on both sides of the ball, and I think Zorn's playcalling got a little conservative in the second half for some reason. But, this wasn't quite a harbinger of bad things to come. Most of the mistakes are fixable.

We were out-coached on offense and defense. Blache and Zorn made the same mistakes they made last season. Lack of brainpower isn't fixable. This team has the talent to win the division, but it won't.

NO.

You guys were talking all this crap about how you would destroy us and I tried to reason with your lunacy.

You said garbage like:

"ZOMG BOMBS OVER BAHGDAD ALL DAY ON THEIR 3RD STRING SECONDARY"

"HAYNESWORTH IS GONNA EAT ELI UP FOR LUNCH"

"ELI CANT WIN WITHOUT HIS SECURITY BLANKETS AMANI AND PLAX"

"GIANTS ARE NOT EVEN GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR"

"GIANTS ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING IF THEY THINK THIS IS THE SAME SKINS TEAM"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH I LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD"

Now that you got your teeth kicked in you guys are trying to say that it's ok cause we lost to a good Giants team? A team you were destined to crush cause of your huge FA addition and our lack of a big name receivers?

Whatever, good luck with the Rams next week....they are more in your league.

You're a classless troll, plain and simple. You're a troll and will always be a troll.

I didn't say crap about your team, I have never talked bad about the Giants, but you sir are worse than ANY EAGLES or COWBOYS fan.

Guys, think about it we actually lost to a very good team. A Giants team that is playoff bound this year and possibly a Superbowl team as well. 23-17 isn't that bad if you think about it. If we had gotten that on sides kick at the end we might of actually won the game.

So Chill OUT!!!!

Wow, I remember a time when the bar was set high enough to have aspirations to go to the playoffs and maybe even the Superbowl. Now it's, "we lost to a good team that is playoff bound and possibly Superbowl team"... That's setting the bar very low my friend. The depressing thing about this loss is the score, 23- 17, doesn't reflect what actually happened on the field. The Skins were manhandled and at no time had control of the game.

well, it doesn't matter if we lost by 40 or lost a squeaker in ot, we lost! How many more years of the same losing, excuse making, "oh, we improved over last year" bs mentality is this team going to put us through??? I, for one, am sick of the same crap year after year. If mediocre is what this teams future is, as it has been in the past, then so be it. But if you say that a loss to an nfc east team who is better than us is "not that bad", then you have accepted the mediocrity this team has become ingrained with. I just want to know when are the redskins going to become the "better" team and start winning. Unfortunately, i already know the answer - and the answer is never as long as snyder/cerrato, zorn, campbell, yada, yada, yada, are still a part of this team.

Agree Completely.

NO.

You guys were talking all this crap about how you would destroy us and I tried to reason with your lunacy.

You said garbage like:

"ZOMG BOMBS OVER BAHGDAD ALL DAY ON THEIR 3RD STRING SECONDARY"

"HAYNESWORTH IS GONNA EAT ELI UP FOR LUNCH"

"ELI CANT WIN WITHOUT HIS SECURITY BLANKETS AMANI AND PLAX"

"GIANTS ARE NOT EVEN GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR"

"GIANTS ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING IF THEY THINK THIS IS THE SAME SKINS TEAM"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH I LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD"

Now that you got your teeth kicked in you guys are trying to say that it's ok cause we lost to a good Giants team? A team you were destined to crush cause of your huge FA addition and our lack of a big name receivers?

Whatever, good luck with the Rams next week....they are more in your league.

Fellow Redskin fans-

Everything this guy said is true. It hurts but swallow hard and move on.

I also think you can't completely dismiss the last drive. While the Giants did let up the gas, we still had to execute and move it down the field. I'm sure they didn't want us to score.
I agree with the rest of your post, and this is an understatement. They were NOT in prevent; on the play before the TD, they sent a blitz; JC got the ball out of his hands quickly, threading the needle to ARE for a gain of 15 or so. Then, Cooley goes right up the middle and beats single coverage for a TD. That's not prevent.

WOW!!! Why after one loss to a very good team is this board yelling "the sky is falling" already? This was an average game played by the skins, zorn needs to open the playbook up some and the DBs need to stop playing so far off!! The Skins will be good this year with just a few adjustments so everyone should just chill :cool2:

Archived