Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

23-17 Loss to good team, Not that bad really!!!

qcraftsman

Guys, think about it we actually lost to a very good team. A Giants team that is playoff bound this year and possibly a Superbowl team as well. 23-17 isn't that bad if you think about it. If we had gotten that on sides kick at the end we might of actually won the game.

So Chill OUT!!!!

Guys, think about it we actually lost to a very good team. A Giants team that is playoff bound this year and possibly a Superbowl team as well. 23-17 isn't that bad if you think about it. If we had gotten that on sides kick at the end we might of actually won the game.

So Chill OUT!!!!

And if you didn't get a touchdown with us playing soft prevent during garbage time along with a lucky gimmick play the score would be 23-3. No one here except you believes the game was as close as the score suggested.

The score DOES NOT reflect how poorly the redskins played. The giants didn't take some opportunities either. The score could have been 30 something to 17. If the redskins played a team like the Pats, steelers or ravens on sunday, it would have been really ugly. Did you not see the first half??

At what point do we stop with the moral victories? The Giants weren't given any special considerations in order to build their team. This isn't college, where a handful of teams get all the best players. All the teams are on an even playing field. If anything, the Skins should have an advantage do to their willingness to outspend most other teams.

I'm sick of excusing losses just by saying the other team was simply 'better'.

Oh please. We had one legitimate drive and needed to fake a FG on 4th down to get the TD. We intercept a ball and start at the 10 yard line and I knew we were coming away with 3 points. A late TD against prevent defense doesn't count.

The Giants drove it down our throat and could have gone up 28-0 except that they couldn't convert two 3rd & 1s and a 4th and inches.

Albert Haynesworth is a worthless waste of money. Deangelo is horrible and is making huge cash based on good play in college and having gift interceptions tossed right to him last season.

Our offense has been bad for 12 games in a row now and our defense is going to be bad this season as well. This is the year this crappy house of cards comes tumbling down. My friends, this is the year. Unfortunately, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

And if you didn't get a touchdown with us playing soft prevent during garbage time along with a lucky gimmick play the score would be 23-3. No one here except you believes the game was as close as the score suggested.

I guess you guys just love giving points away in "garbage time". Especially, when there was almost two minutes left on the clock. No team in their right mind would "let" a team score with that amount of time on the clock. As far as the "gimmick" play, man up, your team got tricked plain and simple.

Hell, I could play the what if game too. IF Carlos Rodgers holds onto a sure pick during the first drive of the game you guys don't score a FG (20-17). IF the ball bounces in a different direction when Osi stripped Campbell you don't score a DTD (13-17). Guess what when playing the what if game, we had the chance of winning the game.

My point is this. The giants are a great team, but the Skins are no slouch. Don't come on our boards and talk the what if game when you won. Talk about classy!

So Chill OUT!!!!

seriously did you watch the game?

23-3? Explain please.... The score was never 17-3, it was 17-7. You aren't making any sense. If you said the score would have be 23-10 I would've agreed, but your just not using your brain. (jcjbigblue's respose - well if you guys didn't do a trick play it would've been 23-3 -- FALSE if we kicked the FG it would've been 23-6 STFU and go to a giants message board).

The Skins ARE a slouch. 2-7 in our last 9 games. Losses to some horrible teams in there. Crappy play in all of them. WE CAN'T SCORE POINTS!!!

IF this team doesn't put up points in the next 5 weeks then we can say this team is horrible. DO NOT draw any conclusions based on last year's performance. It's a new year, we DID improve against the Giants this year, not enough to win, but there was an improvement.

We scored on the last drive because we relied more on he passing game. I though Jason was pretty effecient the entire game. He made a few errors, but I wasn't expecting him to walk on water. We tried throughout the entire game to force the run, when we could have moved the ball through the air almost at will. I think we should have put more faith in Jason during the game and let him win it for us. Even on the int. Yeah he shouldn't have thrown the ball (because he was pass the LOS) but it wasn't a bad pass (Santana stopped), I like him doing that than always playing it safe.

The game really wasn't as close as the score says. We tackled poorly, our corners were soft, the defensive backfield made some really stupid mistakes/penalties, our time of possession was horrid, and the offense didn't take care of the ball.

But yeah, other than that, real close game.

agreed! Also, the playcalling was very bad.

That being said, the Giants DL and OL are among the best in the league. I can only hope we'll see the difference when we play the Rams next sunday.

Archived