Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

23-17 Loss to good team, Not that bad really!!!

qcraftsman

Personally, I don't think this game is as bad as people make it out to be. What got overshadowed in the offensive mistakes in the first half was that the offense was moving the ball. The only reason why we didn't have a chance to score on two of those drives was because we made unforced errors. Clean that up, and this game looks better.

I also think you can't completely dismiss the last drive. While the Giants did let up the gas, we still had to execute and move it down the field. I'm sure they didn't want us to score.

That isn't to say that there isn't problems that need to be looked at. There was some sloppy play on both sides of the ball, and I think Zorn's playcalling got a little conservative in the second half for some reason. But, this wasn't quite a harbinger of bad things to come. Most of the mistakes are fixable.

I saw no improvement on offense and a drastic decline in defense.

We moved the ball very well, with limited running game. Portis did his thing, but when Betts came in, he got stuffed. The only problem was the turnovers. Guess you just saw differently. I saw us move the ball well. I agree about the defense, but I hate how we play our CB's off that far. Our 31 was shut down. At least Cooley already equaled to his TD amount from last year.

The Giants held the ball for over 36 minutes because our defense let them convert around 90% of the 3rd downs. The secondary let a couple of rookie and young receivers eat them up... the Gmen had over 100 yards rushing.

The Skins offense up until about 3 minutes to go in the game, had about 150 total yards offense and no touchdowns.

No improvement here at all. Maybe even a few steps back. Campbell is who we all thought he was... a sucky QB.

Zorn is likely the worst play caller in the game.

I guess you guys just love giving points away in "garbage time". Especially, when there was almost two minutes left on the clock. No team in their right mind would "let" a team score with that amount of time on the clock. As far as the "gimmick" play, man up, your team got tricked plain and simple.

Hell, I could play the what if game too. IF Carlos Rodgers holds onto a sure pick during the first drive of the game you guys don't score a FG (20-17). IF the ball bounces in a different direction when Osi stripped Campbell you don't score a DTD (13-17). Guess what when playing the what if game, we had the chance of winning the game.

My point is this. The giants are a great team, but the Skins are no slouch. Don't come on our boards and talk the what if game when you won. Talk about classy!

NO.

You guys were talking all this crap about how you would destroy us and I tried to reason with your lunacy.

You said garbage like:

"ZOMG BOMBS OVER BAHGDAD ALL DAY ON THEIR 3RD STRING SECONDARY"

"HAYNESWORTH IS GONNA EAT ELI UP FOR LUNCH"

"ELI CANT WIN WITHOUT HIS SECURITY BLANKETS AMANI AND PLAX"

"GIANTS ARE NOT EVEN GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR"

"GIANTS ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING IF THEY THINK THIS IS THE SAME SKINS TEAM"

"BLAH BLAH BLAH I LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD"

Now that you got your teeth kicked in you guys are trying to say that it's ok cause we lost to a good Giants team? A team you were destined to crush cause of your huge FA addition and our lack of a big name receivers?

Whatever, good luck with the Rams next week....they are more in your league.

We need to relax, we are an average team. The good news is we have a very weak schedule. There is a chance if we stay healthy that we could even sneak into the playoffs this year. Of course we would then be eliminated in the first game, because we are an average team. That would probably be the worst case scenario, because we would have the false belief that we were a playoff team giving this current crew another year.

Guys, think about it we actually lost to a very good team. A Giants team that is playoff bound this year and possibly a Superbowl team as well. 23-17 isn't that bad if you think about it. If we had gotten that on sides kick at the end we might of actually won the game.

So Chill OUT!!!!

It was a 23 to 17 loss where the O scored in garbage time. The offense is a complete mess. The defense appeared to show signs of life in the second half but ultimately could not get it done when they needed to because of many factors. It just appeared to me that this team was was not prepared to play.

Good team or not, we did not look sharp out there. Again the main problem was the O-line. We could've used more holes for Portis and our secondary kept getting beat. We didn't look great, we didn't look awful.

But I think I see upside for this team. I think we'll gel as the season progresses and not start hot and fade. December > September

NO.

You guys were talking all this crap about how you would destroy us and I tried to reason with your lunacy.

You said garbage like:

Now that you got your teeth kicked in you guys are trying to say that it's ok cause we lost to a good Giants team? A team you were destined to crush cause of your huge FA addition and our lack of a big name receivers?

Get a life dude, you beat us, congrats. Now go back to your Giants message board.

NO.

You said garbage like:

Wow, don't talk about how we talk crap on our own board. This is OUR board, you chose to create an account here, what did you expect to see? A 6 point loss is not getting your teeth kicked in.

The 23-17 score is misleading, the game wasn't that close.

Giants pretty much moved the ball at will on the Skins in the first half -- then the defense tightened up close the the goal line, held them to a field goal and the goal line stand was great. That's good -- but the lack of pass rush/pressure, poor tackling and so-so coverage by the corners is worry-some. The second half the defense played better, they were able to pressure Eli a few times and create some positives, case in point the Hall INT. So give the defense a solid "B" for they're efforts.

The offense looks the same. Jason looks the same. The play calling looks the same. Not much else to say, I give them a "D".

So, did they play terribly - no. But overall they didn't play well -- they played like an average team,....which is what they are. And I'm sick of hearing people say "it's not so bad" or "it's just one lose to the Giants", blah, blah,...

It does matter -- a divisional loss is always bad. When did it all the sudden become OK to lose to the Giants? Man,....the expectations of what Skins fans think is acceptable has dropped so much over the last 15 years,....makes me sick.

For all of those saying that our offense was moving the ball, or much improved, or however you'd like to spin it, take an honest look at the drive summaries and tell me how you could possibly be encouraged by this.

1st Drive: 5 plays, 33 yards (first play was a 34 yard run), 0 points

2nd Drive: 3 plays, 3 yards, 0 points

3rd Drive: 4 plays, 32 yards, 0 points (interception)

4th Drive: 4 plays, 11 yards, negative 7 points (Fumble returned for TD)

5th Drive: 7 plays, 77 yards, 7 points (needed fake FG to score TD)

6th Drive: 9 plays, 37 yards, 0 points

7th Drive: 6 plays, 13 yards, 0 points

8th Drive: 3 plays, 2 yards, 3 points

9th Drive: 3 plays, 5 yards, 0 points

10th Drive: 7 plays, 72 yards, 7 points (against prevent defense)

Take out the prevent defense drive and we have 20 yards in the 2nd half. We scored 3 freaking points off a 2-yard drive when we started at the 11 yard line and needed to fake a field goal on 4th down to get our only legitimate TD. Let's not forget that our offense gave up a defensive TD.

And if you didn't get a touchdown with us playing soft prevent during garbage time along with a lucky gimmick play the score would be 23-3. No one here except you believes the game was as close as the score suggested.

Take away Osi's fumble return and take away all the penalties that extended the drives and so on and so on. The Giants were the receiptants of gifts due to turnovers, poor tackling and numerous penalties. They didn't win the game because of their monster play. They have a good team but they didn't do much after the first half except kick field goals. So yes we got our scores by a gimmick play and a garbage time one because of your soft play but I wouldn't get too excited about your offensive fire power because your WR's aren't any better than ours, they just know how to stay in bounds when someone gives them a little shove.

For all of those saying that our offense was moving the ball, or much improved, or however you'd like to spin it, take an honest look at the drive summaries and tell me how you could possibly be encouraged by this.

Take out the prevent defense drive and we have 20 yards in the 2nd half. We scored 3 freaking points off a 2-yard drive when we started at the 11 yard line and needed to fake a field goal on 4th down to get our only legitimate TD. Let's not forget that our offense gave up a defensive TD.

this is in zorns lap and the left over in JC17 lap.....

zorn is either to dumb or to affraid to call plays down the field or he does not trust the qb....

if it is the first 2 he needs to go NOW and if it is he latter the QB needs to go

Well, it doesn't matter if we lost by 40 or lost a squeaker in OT, we LOST! How many more YEARS of the same losing, excuse making, "oh, we improved over last year" BS mentality is this team going to put us through??? I, for one, am sick of the same crap year after year. If mediocre is what this teams future is, as it has been in the past, then so be it. But if you say that a loss to an NFC East team who is better than us is "not that bad", then you have accepted the mediocrity this team has become ingrained with. I just want to know when are the Redskins going to become the "better" team and start winning. Unfortunately, I already know the answer - and the answer is NEVER as long as Snyder/Cerrato, Zorn, Campbell, yada, yada, yada, are still a part of this team.

You can't argue with that type of numbers or lack there of. Portis goes for 34 yards and then all of a sudden they shut him down? No that was poor play calling on Zorn's part. Portis will have a terrible year if this continues. Leave Betts on the sidelines because he doesn't produce when he is in there and don't tell me he doesn't get enough chances because that is BS. If he is so good then why is he always losing yards or never finding the endzone. Zorn says he is try to kep Portis fresh this year and the offense suffers. We need to go out and get some quality OL players because this group isn't getting it done. Raubach and Randy Thomas are getting overpowered and pushed back into the backfield. I guess I was wrong about this years team but will reserve judgment until this team can prove that it can beat the good teams in the NFL. We need to get players that don't get penalties for late hits, lose yardage because of poor blocking or give up big plays because they forgot to know how to tackle. ZORN! YOU NEED TO TEACH THEM HOW TO TACKLE!!!!!

Archived